Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > January Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1993 comments Mod
It's a New Year!!! Tell us what romance you are listening to in January.

message 2: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments I'm listening to Reckless (The House of Rohan, #2) by Anne Stuart . I'm not a fan of Susan Ericksen - she doesn't have distinctive voices and her English accent is almost non-existent - but she's good enough that it will help me get this out of my TBR (it's been there since 2010.)

Oh and I'm enjoying it! Super hot!!

message 3: by Samantha (new)

D.G. wrote: "I'm listening to Reckless (The House of Rohan, #2) by Anne Stuart. I'm not a fan of Susan Ericksen - she doesn't have distinctive voices and her English accent is almost non-existent - but she's good enough that it wi..."

I read the book. I remember it being hot. Very sexy. Lol.

message 4: by Monica (last edited Jan 02, 2018 08:53AM) (new)

Monica | 61 comments D.G. wrote: "I'm listening to Reckless (The House of Rohan, #2) by Anne Stuart. I'm not a fan of Susan Ericksen - she doesn't have distinctive voices and her English accent is almost non-existent - but she's good enough that it wi..."

I read the book, too, and loved it. I actually have book #3 coming up soon.

I tried listening to another HR set in England read by Ericksen and I just could not do it. She reads the In Death Series and does a good job with that. But reader of the ton she is not.

message 5: by Monica (last edited Jan 02, 2018 08:29AM) (new)

Monica | 61 comments I just finished Falling for Max {Kowalski Family #9} by Shannon Stacey. It was a sweet story, not my favorite of the series, but I enjoyed it.

Falling for Max (Kowalski Family, #9) by Shannon Stacey

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4225 comments Mod
Same for me, Monica. Hated that it was the last in the series.

message 7: by Debby*BabyDee (last edited Jan 02, 2018 08:49AM) (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 445 comments I just finished The Rogue Not Taken and Simply Love They were enjoyable stories.

Simply Love (Simply Quartet #2) by Mary Balogh The Rogue Not Taken (Scandal & Scoundrel, #1) by Sarah MacLean

message 8: by Monica (new)

Monica | 61 comments Jonetta wrote: "Same for me, Monica. Hated that it was the last in the series."

Well, and now there's a book 10. I thought I was completing a series, and discovered she snuck another one in. But I like the blurb, and I can't wait to see all the Kowalskis together again. Their camping trips are my favorite.

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

Monica wrote: "Well, and now there's a book 10. I thought I was completing a series, and discovered she snuck another one in. But I like the blurb, and I can't wait to see all the Kowalskis together again. Their camping trips are my favorite. ..."

Forgot about that reunion book!

message 10: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 664 comments I finished The Contract (The Contract, #1) by Melanie Moreland The Contract yesterday. I love arranged marriage /relationship stories, unfortunately this one wasn't very good. I never really liked the hero.

Currently listening to Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts.

** Both available with Audible Unlimited.

message 11: by Christi (new)

Christi (kira87) | 400 comments KathyB wrote: "I finished The Contract (The Contract, #1) by Melanie MorelandThe Contract yesterday. I love arranged marriage /relationship stories, unfortunately this one wasn't very good. I never really liked the..."
Audible Unlimited? Sorry if this is off topic! I havent heard of that yet tho. I have their romance package, but havent seen audible unlimited before. How do you get that and how much is it? Thanks :)

message 12: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 664 comments Christi wrote: "KathyB wrote: "Audible Unlimited? Sorry if this is off topic! I havent heard of that yet tho. I have their romance package, but havent seen audible unlimited before. How do you get that and how much is it? Thanks ..."

That's what I meant, the romance package with audible... sorry for the confusion. They are both available with the subscription.

message 13: by Debby*BabyDee (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 445 comments Listening to Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1) by Kendra Elliot Hidden by Kendra Elliot

message 14: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellyvioletke) | 317 comments I started off the New Year with First Touch (First and Last, #1) by Laurelin Paige First Touch. I'm about half way in and kind of bored.

message 15: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments KathyB wrote: "I finished The Contract (The Contract, #1) by Melanie MorelandThe Contract yesterday. I love arranged marriage /relationship stories, unfortunately this one wasn't very good. I never really liked the..."

The Contract was bad but I liked some parts. Not the romance. That was cray cray!

Carnal Innocence ROCKS! I love that book.

message 16: by D.G. (last edited Jan 02, 2018 06:11PM) (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Monica wrote: "I read the book, too, and loved it. I actually have book #3 coming up soon."

I finished Reckless and really enjoyed it. Wow that book was hot and I liked the suspense part - made sense for a change!

I started book 3, Breathless right away! It has one of those super villainous heroes Anne Stuart is known for - and the guy is bad, BAD! The heroine is AWESOME though - she just found the perfect way to keep the guy off his feet. I hope the groveling is epic, because what this guy has done!!

*The whole House of Rohan series is part of the Audible Romance Package.

message 17: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 664 comments D.G. wrote: "Carnal Innocence ROCKS! I love that book.

I'm enjoying it so far, the narration is great. This book works well in audio format, the mystery and slow build is intriguing.

** Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts Carnal Innocence

message 18: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 563 comments For 2018: I read Switched by N.R. Walker , now listening to Cask Strength (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #2) by Layla Reyne

message 19: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Complicated by Kristen Ashley and, as usual with her books, got hooked from beginning to end. Here’s my review.
Complicated by Kristen Ashley

message 20: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments I'm listening to American Queen - new to me author and narrator...I did just have to fact check the age of eligibility to be a US president (for some reason I thought it was 42, but its 35)...the President just turned 36 in the book...lol

message 21: by Monica (new)

Monica | 61 comments D.G. wrote: "Monica wrote: "I read the book, too, and loved it. I actually have book #3 coming up soon."

I finished Reckless and really enjoyed it. Wow that book was hot and I liked the suspense..."

I'm looking forward to getting to Breathless even more now. I love Stuart's heroes. I'm just trying to decide if I can listen to Ericksen's narration or not. I read the other books.

message 22: by Monica (new)

Monica | 61 comments Jonetta wrote: "Forgot about that reunion book!..."

Yeah, with two new characters introduced, I think. I didn't recognize their names anyway. I'm listening to it next month, I'll let you know how it goes.

message 23: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Monica wrote: "I'm looking forward to getting to Breathless even more now. I love Stuart's heroes. I'm just trying to decide if I can listen to Ericksen's narration or not. I read the other books."

I ended up not liking it as much...not enough groveling! (The hero was a real villain.)

message 24: by D.G. (last edited Jan 06, 2018 03:41PM) (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Now I'm listening to The Importance of Being Alice, an ebook I've had on my TBR for ages which I'm finally starting because I found it in the Audible Romance Package. The narration is excellent!

There I've found tons of books I had in ebooks which I would have never bought the audio for.

message 25: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 563 comments Started Tap Left by A. Zavarelli on audio. I must admit doormat meets douchebag trope annoys me

message 26: by Samantha (new)

Ezinwanyi wrote: "Started Tap Left by A. Zavarelli on audio. I must admit doormat meets douchebag trope annoys me"

Me too.

message 27: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 664 comments I finally finished Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts, I really enjoyed it. The narrator (Tom Stechschulte) was fantastic, I loved the hero's Southern accent.

Next up - Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) by Robyn Carr Virgin River by Robyn Carr. I'm on a small town reading binge, hopefully this one will be a winner too. I've never read/or listened to this author... fingers crossed!

** Both available with the Audible romance package.

message 28: by Jonetta (new)

KathyB wrote: "Next up - Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) by Robyn CarrVirgin River by Robyn Carr. I'm on a small town reading binge, hopefully this one will be a winner too. I've never read/or listened to this author... fingers crossed!..."

Oh, how I loved the Virgin River series. Read them so I don’t know about the audios. It’s the ultimate in small town romance.

message 29: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 664 comments Jonetta wrote: "KathyB wrote: "Next up - Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) by Robyn CarrVirgin River by Robyn Carr. I'm on a small town reading binge, hopefully this one will be a winner too. I've never read/or list..."

Yay, I'm excited to start. With Therese Plummer narrating it should be good!

message 30: by Jonetta (new)

Oh, then that should be good!

Word of warning...some find the heroine in this book annoying but don’t let that stop you from continuing the series if she rubs you the wrong way, too.

message 31: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments yes - Mel drove me crazy - i read the first couple of books but i just couldn't get beyond her...of note, i felt the same about one of RC's other series - the couple from the first book just took over the other books in the series, to the (IMHO) detriment of the other characters

message 32: by Jonetta (new)

I went the distance with VR and it stands as one of my favorites despite Mel:) Loved Thunder Point, too.

message 33: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments yeah - i found that Cooper/Sarah (?) really took over later books in the series and that the couples the books were touted to be about were neglected (Mac/Gina for sure)...but i think i'm one of the few who feels that way - most people seem to love her writing

message 34: by Debby*BabyDee (last edited Jan 09, 2018 05:00PM) (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 445 comments Just finished my last holiday read with Once Upon a Christmas Eve (Maiden Lane, #12.6) by Elizabeth Hoyt by Elizabeth Hoyt and Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3) by Kendra Elliot by Kendra Elliot

Denise ~The Procrastinating Book Diva~ (procrastinating_bookdiva) | 17 comments Currently listening to Ruthless King (Mount Trilogy, #1) by Meghan March narrated by Grace Grant & Joe Arden. I'm really struggling with it because GG's narration is ruining the story for me 😟 Her female voices aren't the best but tolerable, but her male voices are horrendous!!! The (anti)Hero is supposed to be a ruthless, dangerous, arrogant bastard, however, she makes him sound like a child attempting to mimic his father's deep voice 😵 It's anything but sexy and keeps taking me out of the story. I think this may be a case of decent narrator, wrong character.
I'm not a huge fan of Joe Arden's narration ( his delivery is very William Shatner-esque to me!!) but he does ok with the 3 out of the 27 chapters he narrates.

Anyone a fan of Grace Grant? If so, what is your fave AB she narrates?

message 36: by Samantha (new)

Dee wrote: "yes - Mel drove me crazy - i read the first couple of books but i just couldn't get beyond her...of note, i felt the same about one of RC's other series - the couple from the first book just took o..."

Agree with Dee. I loved their book and then I realized it never truly stopped as it dominated the rest of the series. I read 15 of the books. I am not aure how many are left in the series.

I agree with Jonetta it is definitely small town romance. Let us know what you think.

message 37: by L J (new)

L J | 358 comments I read Virgin River then listened to the ones the library had. Very listenable. Took me a while to get into VR. I stuck with it originally because I'd read the Grace Valley books and those characters showed up in the VR series.

message 38: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 664 comments I finished Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) by Robyn Carr Virgin River and enjoyed it. Mel (heroine) wasn't my favorite character, but she didn't annoy me. Jack made up for her shortcomings, I loved his character. Perfect, sweet hero! I also liked the small town setting and secondary cast. Makes me wish I lived in a smaller city.

I'm looking forward to the listening to the next book in the series - Shelter Mountain. I'm a fan of Therese Plummer, I'm happy to see she's the narrator for the series.

** The entire series (1 through 18) is available with the audible romance package.

message 39: by Jonetta (new)

KathyB wrote: "I finished Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) by Robyn CarrVirgin River and enjoyed it. Mel (heroine) wasn't my favorite character, but she didn't annoy me. Jack made up for her shortcomings, I loved ..."

Yay! Had a feeling you'd like this. Enjoy and Plummer is such a good narrator.

message 40: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments I can read a small town romance now and then but not that many books. That's why I never read any VR books - although I'm a big fan of Therese Plummer.

message 41: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments My first new listen of the new year was Now That You Mention It Now That You Mention It by Kristan Higgins . Really enjoyed the story and the narration by Xe Sands made it even better- she has such a friendly voice and does great accents.

message 42: by Samantha (new)

KathyB wrote: "I finished Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) by Robyn CarrVirgin River and enjoyed it. Mel (heroine) wasn't my favorite character, but she didn't annoy me. Jack made up for her shortcomings, I loved ..."

She is cool in her book. I am glad you enjoyed it.

message 43: by Samantha (new)

Listening to Stuck-Up Suit Stuck-Up Suit by Vi Keeland

message 44: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 664 comments Samantha wrote: "Listening to Stuck-Up SuitStuck-Up Suit by Vi Keeland"

I liked Stuck-Up Suit. Lots of laughs and funny banter.

Recently finished - Beautiful Boss (Beautiful Bastard, #4.5) by Christina Lauren Beautiful Boss by Christina Lauren and the second book in the Virgin River Series - Shelter Mountain (Virgin River, #2) by Robyn Carr Shelter Mountain.

I understand why the Virgin River books aren't for everyone, but I like all the side stories and secondary characters. I'm not planning on listening back to back, but I'm definitely looking forward to continuing.

message 45: by Jonetta (last edited Jan 16, 2018 02:58PM) (new)

KathyB wrote: "I understand why the Virgin River books aren't for everyone, but I like all the side stories and secondary characters. I'm not planning on listening back to back, but I'm definitely looking forward to continuing. ..."

I'm a big fan of multiple storylines in any genre but especially contemporary romance. This series is one of those and they become more complex as you progress through the books. Forgot to mention that as one of the big reasons why I love the series. It's an issue for those who find that distracting, which I get.

message 46: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments To Scotland with Love To Scotland with Love (Kilts and Quilts, #1) by Patience Griffin I loved this one, I laughed, cried and found a great little community series. Part of Audible's Romance package..so far very pleased with the selection.

The Rake The Rake (Davenport, #2) by Mary Jo Putney one of my favorite Mary Jo Putney novels... (listen), part of Romance package.. first time I read it.

Slightly Married Slightly Married (Bedwyn Saga, #1) by Mary Balogh another "reread" but in this case a listen to. Part of romance package...

I'll be frank some are hooks to get you to read the rest of the series (i.e. Slightly) but others contain nearly the entire series like Kilts and Quilts.

Right now listening to Meet Me In Scotland Meet Me In Scotland (Kilts and Quilts, #2) by Patience Griffin , 2nd in the Kilts and Quilts series Kirsten Potter is the narrator of the series. Also part of Romance package.

I'm only noting the Romance package books for those who wondered what was included. You won't get outlander but they definitely have some decent titles.. cheaper than credits.

message 47: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments KathyB wrote: "I finished Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) by Robyn CarrVirgin River and enjoyed it. Mel (heroine) wasn't my favorite character, but she didn't annoy me. Jack made up for her shortcomings, I loved ..." Shelter Mountain I think might be my favorite. Mel grew on me.. I had no real problems with her because she had heart. But Jack makes that series shine. You see him peeking in on nearly all the books. But I'll be frank after book 7-8 it was to much the same... sorry. Tried and true got old for me. But the first 3 I thought were outstanding as was I forget the name but it was the one with the orchard... I've re-read that one several times. Its way up there in the book count, I think it was my first read and decided to start at the beginning.

message 48: by Jonetta (new)

Sue wrote: "To Scotland with LoveTo Scotland with Love (Kilts and Quilts, #1) by Patience Griffin I loved this one, I laughed, cried and found a great little community series. Part of Audible's Romance package..so f..."

I’ve collected Balogh’s books but haven’t gotten around to them. Thanks for the reminder!

message 49: by Debby*BabyDee (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 445 comments Recently finished The Governess Affair (Brothers Sinister, #0.5) by Courtney Milan and enjoyed this pre-quel novella to the Duchess War. Also finished This Laird of Mine (The Highland Bachelor, #2) by Gerri Russell was a bit slow paced and lost my attention in a few places.

message 50: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Meet Me In Scotland (Kilts and Quilts, #2) by Patience Griffin 2nd in the series, quite good but not the home run with the 1st. 4 stars.

Now onto Some Like It Scottish (Kilts and Quilts, #3) by Patience Griffin third in the Kilts and Quilts (Romance Package). The title makes me laugh if this was erotica... my imagination would go wild LOL

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.