Booktastic Bookaholics discussion

2018 Archives > Week #1 Jan. 1-6 Stand Alone

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 4512 comments Mod
For this week's challenge we have
Stand Alones
This fits right in with our Rainbow Rowell book for this month of Carry On. However, you don't have to read this particular book. I figured for the first week of the year I would make this as easy as possible. Three birds one stone. So if you don't feel like reading this you can always pick another stand alone of your choice. Remember these are always up to interpretation.

message 2: by Leela (new)

Leela | 1500 comments Mod
I'll be killing two birds with one stone and read Carry On by Rainbow Rowell this week!

message 3: by Andrea (new)

I did this one intentionally. I wanted everyone to be able to complete at least one week.

message 4: by Leela (new)

Well I'm shooting for this book! I've started it so I should be able to complete it before the week is up.

message 5: by Andrea (new)

I am thinking the same thing. Like I said I'm aiming for a book a week which is 4 books a month.

message 6: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne | 727 comments Mod
The Spring Girls A Modern-Day Retelling of Little Women by Anna Todd For once I am actually reading a or have a bunch of standalones on my current reading list.

message 7: by Andrea (new)

Roxanne wrote: "The Spring Girls A Modern-Day Retelling of Little Women by Anna Todd For once I am actually reading a or have a bunch of standalones on my current reading list."

I'm making myself read at least one stand alone a month. I burned myself out on series last year.

message 8: by Roxanne (new)

Andrea wrote: "Roxanne wrote: "The Spring Girls A Modern-Day Retelling of Little Women by Anna Todd For once I am actually reading a or have a bunch of standalones on my current reading list."

I'm makin..."

I know what you mean. I am still working on several.

message 9: by Andrea (new)

I've got to get some stuff done today though over the next hour because I'm about to be baby sitting.

message 10: by Roxanne (new)

Andrea wrote: "I've got to get some stuff done today though over the next hour because I'm about to be baby sitting."

I hate when life gets in the way of reading.

message 11: by Andrea (new)

Well with this particular situation I was more than happy to take her daughter for the afternoon.

message 12: by Roxanne (new)

Andrea wrote: "Well with this particular situation I was more than happy to take her daughter for the afternoon."

=) well that is always for good... I hate when I have to clean or like today I have to pick the boys up from school and take them to a dental appt.

message 13: by Andrea (new)

My kids haven't gone back to school yet from their Christmas vacation. Which I'm kind of glad about because it's been really cold here and we don't do cold well. We normally don't see temps in the 20s or the 10s.

message 14: by Leela (new)

I completed this week's goal and finished Carry On by Rainbow Rowell !

message 15: by Andrea (new)

Leela wrote: "I completed this week's goal and finished Carry On by Rainbow Rowell!"

YaY. I'm hoping to finish that today or tomorrow.

message 16: by Andrea (new)

Hey totally finished this challenge.

message 17: by Leela (new)

Yay you finished! Did you like it???

message 18: by Andrea (new)

I did. And you are right he is adorable.

message 19: by Leela (new)

Agh! He is! I just want to keep him in my pocket. Carry On ruined me tho! I was not done with SnowBaz!

message 20: by Andrea (new)

book hangover alert

message 21: by Leela (new)

You got a book hang over?

message 22: by Max Lau (new)

Max Lau • Maxxesbooktopia (maxlau) hi

message 23: by Andrea (new)

Leela wrote: "You got a book hang over?"

No I mean you having a book hangover... I mean you are still gushing over Carry On. That sounds like a book hangover.

message 24: by Leela (new)

Oh yeah you are kinda right. Lol.

Hi Max!!!

message 25: by Andrea (new)

Leela wrote: "Oh yeah you are kinda right. Lol.

Hi Max!!!"

I mean I don't have a book hangover with it but I didn't love it love it like you did. I loved it but I didn't love it love it. I think that's because when I read this I think back to Fangirl and I loved that one like loved it loved it.

message 26: by Leela (new)

Andrea wrote: "Leela wrote: "Oh yeah you are kinda right. Lol.

Hi Max!!!"

I mean I don't have a book hangover with it but I didn't love it love it like you did. I loved it but I didn't love it love it. I think..."

Yeah I loved this one more. Still ruined over SnowBaz...

message 27: by Andrea (new)

lol, I loved it but Fangirl is still my favorite.