Booktastic Bookaholics discussion

2018 Archives > Week #1 Jan. 1-6 Rainbow Rowell

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 4512 comments Mod
Our very first weekly challenge for authors is...
Rainbow Rowell
I wanted to make this one as easy as possible and since one of our book of the months is a Rainbow Rowell I figured this would be an easy peasy week for everyone.

However, in case you aren't reading that book here are some others by Rainbow Rowell

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell Landline by Rainbow Rowell Attachments by Rainbow Rowell Carry On by Rainbow Rowell Almost Midnight by Rainbow Rowell

message 2: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne | 727 comments Mod
Landline by Rainbow Rowell I am going to read this!

message 3: by Andrea (new)

I'll be doing Carry On by Rainbow Rowell . Multiple birds one stone for this month.

Carry On will cover a book of the month... Author... and Stand Alone.

message 4: by Leela (new)

Leela | 1500 comments Mod
Also finished this challenge by finishing Carry On by Rainbow Rowell .

message 5: by Andrea (new)

I did finish this. I just didn't the chance to post it yet.

message 6: by Roxanne (new)

I am waiting for my hold to come in lol story of my life.

message 7: by Andrea (new)

lol... what all is on your hold list?

message 8: by Roxanne (new)

Haha do you really want me to answer lol... I have landline for this challenge, Renegades from last month plus so much more. I abuse the online library lol

message 9: by Andrea (new)

The poor poor online library.

message 10: by Roxanne (new)

Lol

message 11: by Andrea (new)

I mean is there really a thing for abuse on an online library??? I think you get a pass on abusing it.

message 12: by Roxanne (new)

Andrea wrote: "I mean is there really a thing for abuse on an online library??? I think you get a pass on abusing it."

haha you really can't abuse it, and you don't get fines because it will automatically take the book back unless you renew it.

message 13: by Andrea (new)

Oh I like the idea of not getting fines. That's one thing that I sometimes have an issue with because of the due date back. I mean what if an emergency happens and I can't get it back on time because I'm in the hospital or something. I get punished for something beyond my control.

message 14: by Roxanne (last edited Jan 10, 2018 11:21AM) (new)

Andrea wrote: "Oh I like the idea of not getting fines. That's one thing that I sometimes have an issue with because of the due date back. I mean what if an emergency happens and I can't get it back on time becau..."

Our library let's you renew physical books online unless there is a hold but yes zero fines with kindle our audiobooks that are checked out through overdrive.

message 15: by Andrea (new)

That's not a bad process.

message 16: by Roxanne (new)

Andrea wrote: "That's not a bad process."

It is awesome

message 17: by Andrea (new)

My library doesn't have that process. Of course my library is a tiny little thing. I mean it's turning more into a media center than a library. I have spent little time there over the last few years. One of the last times I went there the kids section got smaller because they put computers on one wall for the kids to use. The other side of the library where they keep adult books has half the amount of books it once had and three-quarters of the room is now computers/media things.

message 18: by Roxanne (new)

Andrea wrote: "My library doesn't have that process. Of course my library is a tiny little thing. I mean it's turning more into a media center than a library. I have spent little time there over the last few year..."

Oh no, ours is really nice and big. I was kind of surprised. Not that Clarksville is a tiny town, but it isn't a city.

message 19: by Andrea (new)

Prattville isn't tiny but our library is tiny and it bothers me.

message 20: by Roxanne (new)

Andrea wrote: "Prattville isn't tiny but our library is tiny and it bothers me."

That really sucks. Wish people would realize how important they are.

message 21: by Andrea (new)

Yes, because some people can't buy any books. They have to rely on the library.

message 22: by Roxanne (new)

Andrea wrote: "Yes, because some people can't buy any books. They have to rely on the library."

Exactly, and they aren't cheap.

message 23: by Roxanne (new)

I thought Landline was okay, I didn't love it as much as I loved other books by her.