Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Books and Reading > What books are you reading in 2018?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9737 comments Mod
It's time for our new What You Reading thread! Talk away.

message 2: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 402 comments I am still listening on audio to Never Trust a Pirate (Scandal at the House of Russell, #2) by Anne Stuart by Anne Stuart, and I am reading Juicy by Pepper Pace by Pepper Pace.

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Both are on my tbr list, Natalie. How are you liking them?

message 4: by Kim Davis (new)

Kim Davis | 134 comments I’m reading Year One by Nora Roberts. It’s very different from her usual stuff, but I like it so far.

message 5: by Chrisolu (new)

Chrisolu | 5 comments Oh I need some suggestions. I have a few books which are not romance that I will be reading:

Parable of The Sower by Octavia Butler
The Life of Henretta Lacks
The Underground Railroad

For romance, I may reread some of my Charlotte Lamb favorites while I look for new jealous possessive heroes.

message 6: by CC (new)

CC | 23 comments Bad Dad by Sloane Howell . It was unexpectedly great.

message 7: by Tina (new)

Tina | 3 comments CC wrote: "Bad Dad by Sloane Howell. It was unexpectedly great."

I have heard good things about this book!

message 8: by Heather (last edited Jan 21, 2018 07:30AM) (new)

Heather | 6 comments I just finished Savage: The Awakening of Lizzie Danton It’s the first book I’ve read by L.A. Fiore and I can’t wait to see what she has in store for me next!

message 9: by Pamishot4ash (new)

Pamishot4ash | 1 comments I am currently hooked on Sci-Fi romance! At the moment I’m reading Claimed by Evangeline Anderson. I’m loving it so far! At the moment it’s free on kindle, but I must give a warning that it is definitely for adults only!

message 10: by Rocker_babe032hotmail.com (last edited Feb 01, 2018 11:13AM) (new)

Rocker_babe032hotmail.com | 1 comments Impossible Attraction (Deadly, #1) by Tarisa Marie I'm reading Impossible Attraction by Tarisa Marie again, but I'd love some suggestions for bad boy heros.

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

The February challenge is up:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Chrisolu wrote: "Oh I need some suggestions. I have a few books which are not romance that I will be reading:

Parable of The Sower by Octavia Butler
The Life of Henretta Lacks
The Underground Railroad

For romanc..."

Some great books, Chrisolu. I've read Parable of the Sower. Very deep.

How is your jealous/possessive hero search coming?

message 13: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 402 comments Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) wrote: "Both are on my tbr list, Natalie. How are you liking them?"

Danielle, they are both ok. I’ve now finished Juicy and I liked the growing relationship and maturity of the hero and heroine throughout the story. Though, I thought the book would be better than it was. I wouldn’t say it was a stellar book, just entertaining.

As for Never Trust a Pirate, I got a bit bored with it. I will go back to it, but not sure if it was the story or if I just wasn’t fully in the mood for the genre of the book! I enjoyed the first in the series and usually like Anne Stuart’s novels so I’ll give it another try in the future.

message 14: by Krissie (new)

Krissie | 11 comments Just belatedly finished the 12th Grave story by Darynda Jones and loved it.

message 15: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Natalie wrote: " Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) wrote: "Both are on my tbr list, Natalie. How are you liking them?"

Danielle, they are both ok. I’ve now finished Juicy and I liked ..."

I just started listening to Never Trust a Pirate on audible. I really like it a lot. Luca/Thomas looks like Aidan Turner and Maddy looks like Kaya Scodelario.

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

The March challenge is up:

message 17: by Krissie (new)

Krissie | 11 comments I’m looking forward to the new Linda Howard. The dog ruined the last one (who would have thought you could hate a dog?) but I have faith. DEATH ANGEL is one of my all-time favorites.

message 18: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 402 comments I’m reading It Ain't Me, Babe (Hades Hangmen, #1) by Tillie Cole and loving it!

message 19: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 402 comments Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) wrote: "Natalie wrote: " Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) wrote: "Both are on my tbr list, Natalie. How are you liking them?"

Danielle, they are both ok. I’ve now finished [book:Juicy|133867..."

Danielle, you are so right about Luca looking like Aidan Turner! I had him looking similar in my mind, just a tad older :-)

message 20: by Vicky (new)

Vicky | 1 comments Natalie wrote: "I’m reading It Ain't Me, Babe (Hades Hangmen, #1) by Tillie Cole and loving it!"

Hi Natalie I have read the full series so far......they are all fantastic!!

message 21: by Natalie (last edited Mar 21, 2018 10:31PM) (new)

Natalie | 402 comments Vicky wrote: "Natalie wrote: "I’m reading It Ain't Me, Babe (Hades Hangmen, #1) by Tillie Cole and loving it!"

Hi Natalie I have read the full series so far......they are all fantastic!!"

Ah great! Good to know that you enjoyed reading the following books in the series! I’ve really enjoyed It ain’t me, babe.

message 22: by RNDK (new)

RNDK I'm just done reading Mister McHottie. The two main characters and some supporting ones really are a few eggs short of a dozen. A fun read!
-Now I'm going to look up how to make a glitter bomb.

message 23: by Natalie (last edited Mar 27, 2018 11:14PM) (new)

Natalie | 402 comments I have now finished It Ain't Me, Babe (Hades Hangmen, #1) by Tillie Cole which I really enjoyed.
I’m now reading Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1) by Laura Thalassa
Oh, and both these books have amazing front covers in my opinion!

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

The April challenge is up:

Starr (AKA Starrfish) Rivers | 2 comments The whole Pure/ Dark Ones series is so addictive it's not even funny. I'm in a buddy read https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... for Book 2 and it's my second time reading it. But I'm just blow away by the intricacies of the series that I don't even fully appreciate until I've read the other books. This time re-reading was absolutely awesome!

I highly recommend the series to all fantasy/ epic fantasy/ dark fantasy/ paranormal romance lovers. You won't regret it!

message 26: by Cassie Cruel (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 20 comments Reading Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward

message 27: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 402 comments I’m currently reading Slip of Fate (Werelock Evolution #1) by Hettie Ivers which I’m enjoying,

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

The May challenge is up!

message 29: by Krissie (new)

Krissie | 11 comments I just finished THE SINS OF LORD LOCKWOOD by Meredith Duran and the hero is deliciously dark. Fabulous book, fabulous writer.

Starr (AKA Starrfish) Rivers | 2 comments Anything by Aja James. Currently reading her ARCs. Just finished Buddy read for Books 1-3. Book 2, Dark Longing is our fav thus far.

message 31: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 402 comments I’ve finished Slip of Fate (Werelock Evolution #1) by Hettie Ivers which has a paranormal, dangerous, jerk hero in Alex. I’m now reading book 3 in the series.

And, i’m currently listening to Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1) by Kristen Ashley on audio, which is a series of Kristen Ashley’s I’ve mean meaning to read for quite awhile. Dangerous hero in the form of Liam Nightingale.

message 32: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 1 comments For novels with the dangerous alpha hero archetype:

The new Anne Stuart House of Rohan book 5: “Heartless”

I am waiting breathless for Kerrigan Byrne’s “Duke with the Dragon Tattoo” (August).

I HIGHLY recommend Kerrigan Byrne’s Present-day novel: “A Righteous Kill”

Otherwise the closest I’ve come to alpha males in my books lately was the utterly fabulous Knickerbocker Club series by Joanna Shupe. “Magnate” was hands down utterly alpha sexiness of the Gilded Age.

message 33: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Krissie wrote: "I just finished THE SINS OF LORD LOCKWOOD by Meredith Duran and the hero is deliciously dark. Fabulous book, fabulous writer."

Glad I picked this up!

message 34: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

The June challenge is up:

message 35: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 395 comments Lady Rogue by Suzanne Enoch and its going very slow for me...not going to be a favorite lol

message 36: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 402 comments I have just finished Bully (Fall Away, #1) by Penelope Douglas & Rock Chick Rescue (Volume 2) by Kristen Ashley

I am now reading Shadow Game (GhostWalkers, #1) by Christine Feehan which is my first foray into Feehan’s Ghostwalkers :-)

message 37: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

What do you think of Shadow Game, Natalie?

message 38: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 402 comments Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) wrote: "What do you think of Shadow Game, Natalie?"

I’ve had quite a busy week so haven’t got lots of Shadow Game read yet, but where I’m up to I’m intrigued by the set-up of the experiment, the soldiers trapped in the labs, and the heroine’s personal discoveries of her past. I like that Lily is a different type of heroine - analytical, logical, but also that since meeting Ryland she is discovering different feelings and sides to herself.

message 39: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Natalie wrote: " Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) wrote: "What do you think of Shadow Game, Natalie?"

I’ve had quite a busy week so haven’t got lots of Shadow Game read yet, but where I’m up to I’m ..."

We liked the same things about it. I seriously adore that series. I hope you enjoy and keep reading it.

message 40: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

The July challenge is up:

message 41: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Our August Challenge is up:

message 42: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

The September challenge is up:

message 43: by Tasnima (new)

Tasnima | 4 comments I've been mostly re-reading some of my Favourite paranormal romace books this year.

message 44: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 402 comments Tasnima1329 wrote: "I've been mostly re-reading some of my Favourite paranormal romace books this year."

I love paranormal romance books! What are some of your favourites that you’ve been re-reading? :)

message 45: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

The October 2018 Challenge is up!

message 46: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I finished Spider Game, and it's the first GhostWalkers book I read that I didn't give five stars. I will write a long review when I have time and I can get my thoughts together.

message 47: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

The November challenge is up!

message 48: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

The December challenge is up!

message 49: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. | 107 comments I recently completed Roman A Triple Threat Novel by Josephine Jade it was pretty good

message 50: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Chanticleer (rachelchanticleer) | 25 comments Finished the PNR Shadow and Ice (Gods of War, #1) by Gena Showalter earlier this week. Knox of Iviland is def a dangerous hero. ☺

« previous 1