Play Book Tag discussion

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (The Herdmans #1)
This topic is about The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
Archive: Other Books > The Best Christmas Pageant Ever ~ 4 Stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joni | 606 comments Once final Christmas book and review for 2017

Talk about bringing back my childhood. I used to read this book ever year at Christmas when I was a child. My thought this year was to read it with my daughter, but she wasn't interested. So I read it again on my own. Still just as good.

It's a story about an out of control family. Dad was not in the picture, mom worked all the time, so the kids were left to take care of themselves and each other. Let's just say they were not the nicest kids. So they learn that all the good refreshments with handed out at church. The Herdman kids so up one sunday for refreshments. They were disappointed that they didn't get refreshments but what they got was so much better.....the story of Chirstmas. For one Christmas, these kids were apart of something.....even if they were still a little rough around the edges.

message 2: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2083 comments I have always wanted to read this but somehow never got around to it. It's going to happen this year!

Joni | 606 comments It will fit in "a book you can read in a day".

message 4: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2083 comments Ah, that's right!

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5631 comments I loved this! I listened to the audio, performed by Elaine Stritch. The only problem with the audio I had was that the first chapter was missing, so I was glad I had the text version available to read that.