Play Book Tag discussion

I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman
This topic is about I Feel Bad About My Neck
Archive: Other Books > I Feel Bad about my neck by Nora Ephron ~ 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joni | 606 comments As I was coming to an end of 2017, I still needed a book to listen to. This one was perfect. It was short enough to fit in and it was light hearted with some humor.

Talk about truth telling about the things we women go through....self maintenance, growing older, parenting....I could go on and on.

My biggest take away from this book is this....."when you child becomes a teenager, buy a dog. At least someone will be happy to see you when you come home." Isn't this the truth. I am the mother of an 11 year old pre-teen......most days her new puppy is the most excited to see me each night when I get home from work.

message 2: by Book Concierge (last edited Jan 02, 2018 08:30PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5632 comments My F2F book club had a spirited meeting discussing this book. I thought she was a bit whiny, and expected more from her.

message 3: by Karin (new)

Karin | 6919 comments I had this at home once, but didn't get around to it in time, but opinions really vary on this one!

Ellen | 2083 comments I read this quite a while ago, but remember liking it very much.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I started to read this and couldn't really connect with it. Maybe I will give this a second chance sometime.

Joni | 606 comments I did listen to it in audio so maybe that helped. I was in need of a short audio to end my 2017 year.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

That's a good point, Joni. Maybe I should try the audio version next time. Thanks!