You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Introductions & Announcements > Introductions - 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 379 (379 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 49982 comments We are happy to have you join our group. Please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you. Don't be shy!

message 2: by Romkirk (new)

Romkirk A. Elham (romkirk_a_elham) | 8 comments Joined couple of days ago. Excited to get acquainted with the members and the Mods. I hope ,with you guys, reading becomes more relish and fun.
Greetings :)

message 3: by Cody (new)

Cody | 348 comments welcome :)

message 4: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 49982 comments I hope you saw all the posts welcoming you in the 2017 thread, Romkirk. I closed that thread and started a new one for 2018.

message 5: by Romkirk (new)

Romkirk A. Elham (romkirk_a_elham) | 8 comments I did Janice, and thanks Cody :-)

message 6: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Harbo | 1 comments hi,
joined a couple of days ago. I am looking forward to get know people in the reading community and also doing the reading challenges. Very excited!

message 7: by Annerlee (new)

Annerlee | 2713 comments Hi there Vanessa. Welcome to the group. You're right, the challenges are good fun. Everyone's really friendly here and you can join in as much as you like. : )

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Hi, Vanessa! Welcome to the group. You will find there are plenty of activities to join in with.

message 9: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 49982 comments Welcome Vanessa. The challenges are lots of fun. Let us know if you have any questions.

message 10: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17557 comments Welcome Romkirk and Vanessa! Happy New Year :)
So glad you are both joining us, and let us know if you have any questions. There is so much going on at the beginning of a new year here, so hope you jump in!

message 11: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18196 comments Welcome Vanessa and Romkirk. Great time to join the group with all the new challenges starting now. Looking forward to chating with you.

message 12: by Ravneet (new)

Ravneet Gill Joined this group recently and excited about all the reading ahead. I can't find details of the Zodiac related challenge.

message 13: by Lisa (last edited Jan 03, 2018 04:50AM) (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Hi Ravneet. Welcome to the group. Details of the Zodiac challenge are here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 14: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9571 comments Welcome Vanessa and Ravneet! I hope you join us in this craziness of challenges and reading.

message 15: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17557 comments Welcome Ravneet! And thanks Lisa. Hopefully you find everything you need in there, otherwise feel free to hit us up with questions!

message 16: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 49982 comments Hi Ravneet. Welcome!

message 17: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15384 comments Welcome Vanessa and Ravneet!

message 18: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10023 comments Hi Vanessa and Ravneet. I look forward to discussing books with you ;-)

message 19: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 68 comments Hi everyone! I'm new to the groups. I've been wanting something to make reading more interesting. I'm a knitter and crocheter (fiber enthusiast) and I find myself at knit group when they talk about things wishing we could talk about books and having no one to talk to! So I found myself searching for book clubs late one night and here I am.

message 20: by Chris (new)

Chris Hample | 2 comments Hi all! I joined the group yesterday. Live in Austin, TX and was a voracious reader growing up but sort of let the busyness of life distract me over the years. Really looking forward to a renewed focus and self-permission to take the time to read a lot more.

Thanks for taking the time and energy to putting together such a group!

Chris

message 21: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20272 comments Hi Rebecca and Chris. Welcome to the group.

Rebecca - there are many knitters and crocheters in the group. We have a thread for "what you have made" to show off our creations. I think we have all been pretty busy reading, because I have not seen any recent updates. We are all busy with the start of our Yearly Challenge books.

Chris - welcome back to reading. Feel free to look around at our challenges and check out the thread posts.

message 22: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 49982 comments Welcome Rebecca & Chris.

I'm a bit of a fibre enthusiast myself, Rebecca. I quilt.

Chris, we'll give you permission to read as well. In fact, we'll enable you. :)

message 23: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15384 comments Welcome both!

@Rebecca: I crochet too, although not so much anymore lately. I'd love to see some of your creations!

@Chris: I also read a lot as a kid, then at some point it got less and less. Probably because of required reading at high school and after that a lot of study-related reading at uni. A few years ago I bought an ereader and joined GR, and I'm reading a lot since. Can't imagine what I did with all my time spent on trains and free time when I didn't read much!

message 24: by Cody (new)

Cody | 348 comments Welcome Rebecca and Chris :)

message 25: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17557 comments Welcome Rebecca and Chris! Hope you enjoy your time here.

I agree, Chris, we are very good enablers, and will encourage you to read as much as you wish. Hehe. Welcome back to reading though. I also took time out from reading after being a notorious bookworm as a kid. it's lovely to be back, hope you feel the same.

Rebecca, as indicated, we have a lot of fibre artists here as well as readers. Many also listen to audiobooks while working their magic with their wool, fabric, and the like. You may also be interested in the thread we have called What have you made lately?, particularly as people are asking for creation pictures already!

message 26: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Hi, Rebecca and Chris! I hope you both enjoy being part of this group.

message 27: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10023 comments Hello Rebecca and Chris. This is a great group so enjoy 😀

message 28: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9571 comments Welcome, Rebecca and Chris!

message 29: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18196 comments Welcome Chris and Rebecca.

message 30: by Lusie (new)

Lusie (illusie) | 163 comments Welcome Romkirk, Vanessa, Ravneet, Rebecca and Chris!

Seth likes cliche (xthyyy) | 1 comments Hey everyone! Just joined the group a few days ago, hoping to make some book-lover friends and fulfill this year's reading challenge You can add me if you like =)

message 32: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15384 comments Hi Seth! Welcome!

message 33: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17557 comments Welcome Seth! Glad you have found us and the yearly challenge!

message 34: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Hi, Seth! Welcome to the group!

message 35: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10023 comments Welcome Seth! You'll meet a few book lovers here 😀

message 36: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9571 comments Welcome, Seth!

message 37: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 49982 comments Hi Seth. Welcome! You'll find lots of book lovers here. :)

message 38: by Cody (new)

Cody | 348 comments welcome Seth :)

message 39: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18196 comments Welcome Seth.

message 40: by Noelia (new)

Noelia Coletti (noelipola) Thanks for this group. I’m from Argentina, I used to study literature before becoming a full time tango dancer. Reading has always been a lonely activity for me, until now . I’m now learning to use this platform to get book recommendations and finally get in touch with people with the same passion for reading. Hugs!

message 41: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9571 comments Welcome, Noelia! A Uruguayan married to an Argentine here. :)

message 42: by Lisa (last edited Jan 22, 2018 07:33AM) (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Noelia wrote: "Thanks for this group. I’m from Argentina, I used to study literature before becoming a full time tango dancer. Reading has always been a lonely activity for me, until now . I’m now learning to use..."

Welcome, Noelia! So glad you found your way to this group. You will be sure to make new friends and get plenty of recommendations 🙂 Your tango dancing sounds amazing! I have always wanted to learn how to do that dance properly.

message 43: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10023 comments Hi Noelia, welcome to the group :-)

message 44: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18196 comments Welcome Noelia! Full time tango dancing sounds fun. But also possibly tiring

message 45: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15384 comments Welcome Noelia! Do you dance competitions or teach tango dancing? Or both?

message 46: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 49982 comments Hi Noelia, Welcome to our group. Teaching tango would be a fun career.

message 47: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17557 comments Hi Noelia, lovely to have you join us.
Sounds like you just filled another class with people wanting to dance ;)

message 48: by Noelia (new)

Noelia Coletti (noelipola) Thank you all for the lovely greetings. I’m still learning to use this and I don’t know how to reply each of you individually. This is the only group I’m joining and it sounds a lot of fun!

message 49: by Rusalka, Moderator (last edited Jan 24, 2018 04:20AM) (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17557 comments You can either hit "reply" at the bottom of each of our messages, and type a message to us each.

Or you can respond to us in a message and just mention our names. So like:
"Rusalka (or some people might say @Rusalka, whatever you wish, there is no protocol here) - I hear you're a terrible dancer as you are so uncoordinated.
Janice - It's hard to tango in six feet of snow, so I think you made the best career choice for you.
Peggy - I dance in competitions and actually am the world champion in tango dancing and hold 8 Guinness world records for the best tangoing for the longest time."
You get the idea lol

Really hope you enjoy your time with us :D And our silly sense of humour.

message 50: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9571 comments Lol

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.