2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > 16 Books for Shanna in 2018

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanna (last edited Feb 21, 2018 12:46PM) (new)

Shanna K (shannamk) | 15 comments I am hopeful that I can read 16 books in 2018. Its a low number, but what can I say, I have two young kids and a full time job. Here are my goals:

1. A book that is on my shelf.
2. A book from my Kindle. Complete! Pines by Blake Crouch
3. Nonfiction. Complete! Debt Free for Life by David Bach
4. A book that is considered a classic.
5. True crime.
6. A book published in 2018.
7. An award winning book.

I will update my books here:
1. Pines by Blake Crouch
2. Kill Shot by Vince Flynn
3. Wayward by Blake Crouch
4. Debt Free for Life by David Bach
5. Through a Long Absence: Words from My Father's Wars

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris Hurckes (cjhurck) | 100 comments Good luck with your goal!!!

message 3: by Shanna (new)

Shanna K (shannamk) | 15 comments Thank you!!!

message 4: by Shanna (new)

Shanna K (shannamk) | 15 comments Thank you!!!

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (preslynn) | 14 comments But it's something. I've known people who never read a full book unless it was required for school. We all have to set goals that are realistic for us.

How old are the children? Maybe reading aloud some classic kids books even an adult can enjoy would be nice?

message 6: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid | 9 comments I like that goal! I here you, I've got a full time job I commute to and a family. But we've got to keep up our joy of books no matter the number! Happy New Year!

message 7: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Shanna wrote: "I am hopeful that I can read 16 books in 2018. Its a low number, but what can I say, I have two young kids and a full time job. ..."

Sounds like a great, balanced goal Shanna! Wishing you the best of luck with your goals & a very happy reading/New Year!!

message 8: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year.

message 9: by Shanna (new)

Shanna K (shannamk) | 15 comments Michelle wrote: "But it's something. I've known people who never read a full book unless it was required for school. We all have to set goals that are realistic for us.

How old are the children? Maybe reading alou..."

My kids are fairly young, 7 and 4. But I really like your idea of reading aloud to them! My daughter is the older one and I know she would LOVE that. Thanks for the thought!!

message 10: by Shanna (new)

Shanna K (shannamk) | 15 comments Ingrid wrote: "I like that goal! I here you, I've got a full time job I commute to and a family. But we've got to keep up our joy of books no matter the number! Happy New Year!"

The commute is the killer, isn't it? How long is your commute?

message 11: by Shanna (new)

Shanna K (shannamk) | 15 comments I just finished book number 3 for the year! I might have to update my goal.

message 12: by Shanna (last edited Jan 20, 2018 05:30PM) (new)

Shanna K (shannamk) | 15 comments Update:
Completed book 4: Debt Free for Life by David Bach.

message 13: by Sabine (new)

Sabine (bine1970) | 96 comments Good luck 🍀
You’re on the right way to get your goul

message 14: by Shanna (new)

Shanna K (shannamk) | 15 comments Thanks!

message 15: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments Shanna you are doing great keep it up!

message 16: by Shanna (new)

Shanna K (shannamk) | 15 comments Just completed book 5 - Through a Long Absence: Words from My Father's Wars.

message 17: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments You are doing great! Hoping March is a great month for you.

message 18: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 19: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May! You are doing great keep it up!