Booktastic Bookaholics discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2018 Archives > January 2018 - Black and Gold

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 4512 comments Mod
For our January colors of the month we have decided to go with Black and Gold. These color choices seemed like a good choice since when some people celebrate the new year the colors that most people are found wearing are black and gold. Black for a start and gold for all the prettiness.

I hope you all have fun with this challenge and I'll be trying to take a more active role in this challenge.

message 2: by Leela (new)

Leela | 1500 comments Mod
Challenge accepted!

message 3: by Andrea (new)

I've pretty much figured out what goes for this challenge. I'm going to try and complete two books for each month. It may be one of each color or two of the same color but I want to read two for each month.

message 4: by Leela (new)

I have a new agenda ready for the planning of this years reading goals!

message 5: by Andrea (new)

I've been trying to come up with a good attack plan for hitting all of my reading goals.

message 6: by Leela (new)

I think I successfully have a plan every month to go on.

message 7: by Andrea (new)

I think I've got one myself. I'm typing it out. I probably won't come back to it until Sunday. I think Sunday is going to be a rest day for me every week. Where I update all of my stuff.

message 8: by Leela (new)

I'm pushing myself to update every day off for me and write reviews on books that I read for goodreads.

message 9: by Andrea (new)

I may start doing reviews again. I know that I should.

message 10: by Leela (new)

Yeah but I'm not doing my own blog for it. I'll just do it on here.

message 11: by Andrea (new)

If I do it here then I'm going to copy and paste to my blog.

message 12: by Christina (new)

Christina Byrne (cmbyrne87) Do you need to read two books for this? Or can you do a book that is both black and gold? Or one more than the other?

message 13: by Leela (new)

Christina wrote: "Do you need to read two books for this? Or can you do a book that is both black and gold? Or one more than the other?"

We try to make it easy, Christina. So you can either read a book with black or gold or both on the cover. And it does not have to be prominent. It just has to be there to count. :)

message 14: by Christina (new)

Christina Byrne (cmbyrne87) I'm going to read Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake for this one.

message 15: by Leela (new)

Christina wrote: "I'm going to read Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake for this one."

Good choice! I want to read that book so badly.

message 16: by Andrea (new)

Christina wrote: "I'm going to read Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake for this one."

Oh that is such a good choice. It has both colors on it. I never would have thought of this one myself.

message 17: by Christina (new)

Christina Byrne (cmbyrne87) I've been dying to get to this one. I'm using this as an excuse. :)

message 18: by Andrea (new)

Christina wrote: "I've been dying to get to this one. I'm using this as an excuse. :)"

I mean it's a perfect excuse to use it lol. I totally use these challenges as a reason to finally read a book.

message 19: by Leela (new)

I feel like every book I am reading has some black or gold so far! Good color choices, Andrea.

message 20: by Andrea (new)

I was trying to go for some particularly easy colors.

message 21: by Leela (new)

And they have been easy! I have completed this goal many times!

message 22: by Andrea (new)

As have I.

message 23: by Leela (new)

I think every book I read this month had black or gold or more. So I really completed this challenge!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.