Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

BOOK BESTIE: ARCHIVED > Pair 17: Cate and Kennedy (January 2018)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (last edited Jan 06, 2018 01:45PM) (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5530 comments Group Pair #17: Contemporary.
Cate and Kaitlyn and Kennedy

Read a book off the Beautiful YA Contemporary Covers List.

message 2: by Cate (new)

Cate (cater97) Hi!! I already read "Aristotle and Dante" and I'm not really a fan of "the unexpected everything" but I'm absolutely down for "Under rose-tainted skies"

I'd like to read one of these:
Under Rose-Tainted Skies
Words in Deep Blue
A Study in Charlotte

message 3: by Cate (new)

Cate (cater97) yeah sure, works for me :D

message 4: by Kaitlyn (last edited Jan 01, 2018 05:33PM) (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments Sorry for the late response, I've been trying to study for my History course ...

From the list of 3 Cate mentioned, I actually have A Study of Charlotte on my list of books I want to read this year :) Unfortunately, someone has it out from the library and it's not due back until mid-month ... I put my name on the hold list though, just in case!

Under Rose-Tainted Skies and Words Deep in Blue aren't available for me at all :(

I own To All the Boys I've Loved Before, Since You've Been Gone, This Song Will Save Your Life, Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, Second Chance Summer, 13 Little Blue Envelopes, and Shatter Me ... and I haven't read any of them yet, lol

There are others on the list I can try to get from the library: Everything Everything, Eleanor and Park, Anna and the French Kiss, I'll Give You the Sun, The Sun is Also a Star, and Finding Audrey

(I can't see Kennedy's post for some reason ... I'm not ignoring her, I just responded based off of what I can see)

message 5: by Cate (new)

Cate (cater97) I can't see her comments either..
if you can't put your hands on Under rose-etc. It's fine! We'll pick another book that is available to you. From the titles that you wrote I'd like to read
To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han I read The summer I turned pretty by J. Han and I hate it lol! But I'm down to read this one, everyone loves it.
This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales seems very good from what I read
13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson seems interesting!

message 6: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments Thank you :)

Oh yeah, I heard that series wasn't great! I haven't read a Jenny Han book yet, but I've heard so many good things about TATBILB ... but I'm good with any of those 3 books :)

message 7: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that! I hope everything is okay now!

I don't want you to sit out :( If anything, I probably should've sat out for this one, my month is crazy! You two were leaning towards Under Rose-Tainted Skies before I showed up, so go ahead with that one :)

message 8: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments Oh good :)

I could go and buy it, but it's not one that was high on my list to get to, and I'm trying not to buy any books this year unless I really want them ... I'm okay to sit out :) Like I said, my month is crazy, I have so much school and I've taken on too many reading challenges, so it's not a big deal.

message 9: by Cate (new)

Cate (cater97) I feel so bad no one should sit out! Are we sure we can’t find another solution?

message 10: by Cate (new)

Cate (cater97) idk... we should probably send a message to one of the moderators of the group

message 11: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments I'm serious, I'm happy to sit out ... if you saw my school schedule, you'd tell me to sit this one out! XD I've finished one book in this entire first week, and I have other reading goals I want to accomplish this month (if those are even possible!) ...
Plus, if one or both of you needs to buy the book from Amazon and wait for shipping, the sooner you two choose the better!
Do not feel bad, I'm taking myself out this round, and hopefully I'll be able to try again next month :) I hope you both enjoy the book!

message 12: by Cate (new)

Cate (cater97) Let’s hope you’ll be able to do it next month Kaitlyn💕
And sure Kennedy! Can’t wait to read it 😍

message 13: by Cate (new)

Cate (cater97) yeah same for me! I'm gonna text you when it comes in :)