Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Program (The Program, #1)
This topic is about The Program
BOOK BESTIE: ARCHIVED > Pair 11: Rachel and Giselle (January 2018)

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Pair #11: Dystopia.
Rachel and Giselle

Read a book off the Best Dystopian Fiction of All Time List.

message 2: by Rachel (last edited Jan 01, 2018 03:35PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Rachel (ihateppl123456) | 52 comments I'm ok with any of the books on this list tbh. The synopsis of The Program seems pretty interesting though and I've seen it in my local library but have never actuallly picked it up. What do you think? :)

Giselle (gisellega) Yes I am interested in that as well. We can read it.

Rachel (ihateppl123456) | 52 comments Ok sure! I'm going to borrow it from my local library next time I go there.

Giselle (gisellega) Okay sounds good. I already borrowed the ebook, so just let me know so we can start reading.

Rachel (ihateppl123456) | 52 comments I just picked up the book from my local library today. We can start reading it.

Giselle (gisellega) Awesome!!

Rachel (ihateppl123456) | 52 comments I just finished the book yesterday and I have so many thoughts about it. I can't wait to share them! But it was definitely a roller-coaster of feels, and a mix of addictive, frustrating and great.

Giselle (gisellega) im going to try to finish it tonight, im almost done.

Rachel (ihateppl123456) | 52 comments It's ok, take your time.

Giselle (gisellega) I finished the book. It was sooo good!

Rachel (ihateppl123456) | 52 comments I know right! That ending though... it blew my mind.

Giselle (gisellega) Yes it did!! I liked the concept about the book as well, it was different.

Rachel (ihateppl123456) | 52 comments Yeah I totally agree! It was well thought-out and nothing like I've ever read before. Who were your favourite characters? Mine were Lacey and Sloane :)

Giselle (gisellega) Same! I really liked Sloane though. How did you feel about James?

message 16: by Rachel (last edited Jan 13, 2018 12:29AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Rachel (ihateppl123456) | 52 comments I liked how James was funny and caring, but I wasn't a huge fan of him, to be honest. I felt like he was there just for the sake of the romance. I wasn't a huge fan of the romance itself as it had already been established when the book started. I definitely liked James way better than Roger though. Roger was such a creep and one of the most frustrating characters in the book. But that's just my opinion :) What about you? And how did you feel about the romance?

Giselle (gisellega) Yes I felt the same about both, but I really liked James. As far as the romance, it was weird to me, I didn't enjoy the romance parts as well.

Rachel (ihateppl123456) | 52 comments Yeah, the romance was the reason why I gave the book a rating of 4 stars instead of 5.

Giselle (gisellega) Did you want to try to read another book?

Rachel (ihateppl123456) | 52 comments Sure! You can choose this time :)

Giselle (gisellega) The selection...or if you can pick a better one.

Rachel (ihateppl123456) | 52 comments Yeah, I'm fine with that. We can read it.

Giselle (gisellega) Okay. I already borrowed the ebook.

Rachel (ihateppl123456) | 52 comments Same! We can start reading it.

Rachel (ihateppl123456) | 52 comments I've just finished reading the book and it was very entertaining. The only issue I had with it was the love triangle.