Aussie Readers discussion

Esme's Wish (Esme #1)
This topic is about Esme's Wish
Archives > January 2018 - Final Thoughts - **Spoilers Allowed** - Esme's Wish

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brenda | 69388 comments Mod
Final thoughts (and reviews if you like) on Esme's Wish by Elizabeth Foster Esme's Wish by Elizabeth Foster

message 2: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Wonderful! Magical, with a great main character. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Heather | 350 comments Finished the book, I gave it 3 ★

But to be fair it wasn't quite my cup of tea. I would say it's aimed at a reader of about 12. It's light and fun and it kept me engaged although I am over evil step mother themes.

message 4: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

There was very little stepmother in it I thought Heather. And I would aim it for about 14-15 years of age though I'm sure a mature 12 year old would enjoy it. Mostly it focussed on the fantasy island she went to :)

Sally906 I have finally opened the book - came to the top of the TBR pile this morning.

So far I love it - but I'm only on page 1!!!!

LOL!!!

message 6: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

I hope you enjoy it Sally :) I did! Don't read the above comments though as this is the "spoilers allowed" thread :)

message 7: by Ace (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ace (aceonroam) This was a cute story, lots of fun which had a really strong finish, I liked the pace of the action at then end more so than the alternate plane "world building" at the start, but obviously that is a necessary part of the story.

Dragons anyone???

message 8: by Ace (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ace (aceonroam) Heather wrote: "I would say it's aimed at a reader of about 12. It's light and fun..."

I agree Heather it was more "juvenile" than I expected. I also gave it 3 stars, but mostly it is getting 4 and 5 star ratings on GR.

Michelle Williams | 15 comments I read Esme's Wish last week-end. Having thought about it for a week, I have decided I liked it. I think I started the book thinking that with a 15 year old main character that the book would be aimed at that age group, hence my initial disappointment. I feel this book is more aimed at 12 year olds and I know that my 10 year old would love it. My 15 year old would not. I really liked the story, it was sweet, and it left me wondering what happens next, which is always a good sign!

message 10: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm looking forward to book 2 as well Michelle :)

Sally906 I finished reading it last night - and found it to be a real struggle to get into. I have given it 2 stars and I don't think I will be hanging out for book 2. I read a lot of YA fantasy but this one just didn't click with me.

message 12: by Tien (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tien (tiensblurb) | 583 comments I enjoyed this book & rated it 4 stars - it was just a fun, easy & magical reads. I do so love the trope (door to another world)

I posted my review on my blog & also a Q&A with the author, here.

Let me know if any of you has any Qs, I'm sure she'd be happy to respond to any additional Qs :)

message 13: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fantastic interview with Elizabeth Tien :) Thanks for sharing!

message 14: by Tien (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tien (tiensblurb) | 583 comments Thanks, Brenda :)

& you're welcome!

message 15: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

:)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Esme's Wish (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Elizabeth Foster (other topics)