Genre Readers looking to expand discussion

2018 Monthly Genres > January 18 : FREE FOR ALL!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 1159 comments Mod
January is a FREE FOR ALL month. What does that mean? It means read your favorite genre and post all the books your read this month here.

We want to see all the different kinds of books that the members of this group like to read!

Happy New Year and Happy Reading!

message 2: by Karin (new)

Karin | 393 comments I am reading the following books this month:

The War that saved my life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley

The Survivor by Kyle Mills/Vince Flynn

Challenger Deep

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Finished my first book of the year As Death Draws Near .

It is a murder mystery, set in 1831 in Ireland. A nun is found dead, the area is in turmoil with Protestants and Catholics fighting each other. A husband and wife who work as Inquiry agents must find out who killed her.

I had a good time figuring out who the killer was.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

So I read The Little Prince tonight and I thought it was OK, Not sure it is as good as it is hyped to be.

message 5: by Melissa (new)

I struggled my way through The Silver Star the last few days. Mostly with finding free minutes to indulge in reading.

It wasn't a bad book, I just kept expecting more than I got from it.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

I have tried to finish A Confederacy of Dunces and I just cannot do it. I am sending it back to the library.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Finished The Only Ones and Cordina's Royal Family: Gabriella & Alexander .

A young reader dystopian and a romance.

I got stuck on A Confederacy of Dunces for a few weeks so didn't get very much reading done this month. (and worked a lot too)

message 8: by Karin (new)

Karin | 393 comments I finished There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins. It was really interesting and fast paced. I did not see the end coming and that made finishing it even better.

message 9: by Karin (new)

Karin | 393 comments I finished reading Challenger Deep. It was an interesting read.

message 10: by Karin (new)

Karin | 393 comments I finished reading The War that saved me. I really liked how this was written and the story it was about. I might even look into reading the sequel.

message 11: by Lea Ann (last edited Feb 05, 2018 11:09AM) (new)

Lea Ann (buntingla) | 592 comments Karin wrote: "I finished reading The War that saved me. I really liked how this was written and the story it was about. I might even look into reading the sequel."

I just finished the sequel. YOU MUST read it too!!! Loved both books equally and that is a rare thing for me to say.

The War I Finally Won