2021 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Brianna's 2018 Comfy Corner

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Hegan (dusty_starr) | 16 comments Well, here we are on the cusp of a new year. A year with so many books, a large TBR pile, and me being a slow reader. ::Long drawn out sigh.:: My tiny reading challenge this year is going to be 10 books. It is small I know, but I would probably panic and give up otherwise. It looks like I'm going to do my darnedest to finish said goal, but the true goal is to read more than ten. Please root for me and let's all have fun this year completing our reading goals!

-------------------------

Okaaaaaay, so I've seen that people have these fun ways of listing their books as they have read them. I'll give it a try then. Why not have fun with this? Not sure if I'm going to add to this or post anew for each book. I guess we'll see...

Ten Books in Twelve Months:

January:
February:
March:
April:
May:
June:
July:
August:
September:
October:
November:
December:

About The Books:

Length:
Short (<250 pages)
Medium (250-500 pages)
Long (501-700 pages)
Very Long (>700 pages)

Author:
Just as it says. Name of the book's author.

Genre:
Fantasy, Science Fiction, Dystopian, Romance, Contemporary, etc.

Series or Standalone Book:
Obviously is it a series or standalone. If it is a series, list the series.

Rating:
★★★★★ (Loved it!)
★★★★: (Really liked it!)
★★★ (It Was Good.)
★★ (It was ok...)
★ (Not really a fan)

My Thoughts:
A few notes of what I thought about the book.

Let's Go!

message 2: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Hegan (dusty_starr) | 16 comments Placement Held for January's Book...

message 3: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Hegan (dusty_starr) | 16 comments Placement Held for February's Book...

message 4: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Hegan (dusty_starr) | 16 comments Placement Held for March's Book...

message 5: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Hegan (dusty_starr) | 16 comments Placement Held for April's Book...

message 6: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Hegan (dusty_starr) | 16 comments Placement Held for May's Book...

message 7: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Hegan (dusty_starr) | 16 comments Placement Held for June's Book...

message 8: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Hegan (dusty_starr) | 16 comments Placement Held for July's Book...

message 9: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Hegan (dusty_starr) | 16 comments Placement Held for August's Book...

message 10: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Hegan (dusty_starr) | 16 comments Placement Held for September's Book...

message 11: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Hegan (dusty_starr) | 16 comments Placement Held for October's Book...

message 12: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Hegan (dusty_starr) | 16 comments Placement Held for November's Book...

message 13: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Hegan (dusty_starr) | 16 comments Placement Held for December's Book...

message 14: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Brianna wrote: "Well, here we are on the cusp of a new year. A year with so many books, a large TBR pile, and me being a slow reader. ::Long drawn out sigh.:: My tiny reading challenge this year is going to be 10 books. It is small I know, but I would probably panic and give up otherwise. It looks like I'm going to do my darnedest to finish said goal, but the true goal is to read more than ten. Please root for me and let's all have fun this year completing our reading goals! "

Will certainly be rooting for you Brianna!
I started small too last year with 12 books, raised it to 24 during the year and ended up reading 46 books! I'm a slow reader too, so I was really (pleasantly) surprised. So you see, anything is possible.

Wishing you the best of luck but above al I wish you an amazing reading/New Year!!

message 15: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Hegan (dusty_starr) | 16 comments Susy wrote: "Will certainly be rooting for you Brianna!
I started small too last year with 12 books, raised it to 24 during the year and ended up reading 46 books! I'm a slow reader too, so I was really (pleasantly) surprised. So you see, anything is possible.

Wishing you the best of luck but above al I wish you an amazing reading/New Year!!"

Thank you so much for your kind and up building words. I feel encouraged! :3 That is amazing that you went from 10 all the way to 46 books. I am impressed. Maybe I can spring up to a large number of books like that too. Oh, one question. I'm having trouble picking what I want to read for my first book. I was thinking of continuing with the next of the "Throne of Glass" books in the series, but I don't exactly feel like it. Would it be bad of me to start a new series?

message 16: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Definitely not! You should definitely follow your heart for reading to be pleasurable! Do you have a particular series in mind?

Btw buddy reads for the Throne of Glass are starting in January. So if you want to join you could pick it back up in the month that they’ll be reading the installment you’re supposed to read.

message 17: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Hegan (dusty_starr) | 16 comments Actually I looked through everything, and I felt like continuing with "The Lunar Chronicles". So I started reading Scarlet. It's pretty good so far.

Where do I find the buddy reads for the Throne of Glass series. I was looking but couldn't find it for the life of me. Thank you so much for your help. :3

message 18: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) No problem Brianna, I'm glad to be of help!

The Lunar Chronicles!!! I love that series! For one it's just a great series. Secondly it was the series that broke my reading slump and got me back to reading!!! So you understand it holds a special place in my heart. I bought the series, but the specific edition of Winter that I want (to fit with my other installments) only comes out next month! So still waiting for that one (and then finish my half read Stars Above)/

If you'd like to buddy read Scarlet you can ask if anybody would be interested in reading with you here: 2018 Buddy Reads - introduction & sign up.

All the January buddy reads you can find here.

The January buddy read for the first installment of the Throne of Glass series you can find here.

Good luck!