Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Week One: December 31 - January 6 (2018)

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Hello everybody, and welcome back to the Weekly Theme Reading Challenge!! We're bringing it back for 2018, and I am your first host. :)

Since it's a new year, I thought that we could focus on that this week. Your challenge this week is to read a book with a 2, 0, 1, or 8 in the final page count. Happy New Year everyone! :D

message 2: by Vicki (last edited Jan 01, 2018 01:00AM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I absolutely love it! Easy, doable, but still fun to find! On the hunt...

I'll read The Killer Inside Me by Jim Thompson (244 pages)
or Dance on His Grave by Sylvia Dickey Smith (254 pages)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Vicki wrote: "I absolutely love it! Easy, doable, but still fun to find! On the hunt..."

Thanks, Vicki! I'm pretty happy with this one. :)

message 4: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments whoop whoop!!! I love these weekly challenges!!

Love the theme! I agree with Vicki! Easy, doable, still requires me to dig around! lol

I'll read: Harvest Home (416 pagecount)
or The Killer Inside Me (244 page count)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Trisha wrote: "whoop whoop!!! I love these weekly challenges!!

Love the theme! I agree with Vicki! Easy, doable, still requires me to dig around! lol

I'll read: Harvest Home (416 pagecount)
or [..."

Thanks, Trisha! Enjoy your reads! :)

message 6: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7250 comments I'm going to read Rumors & Roughing A Slapshot Novel (Slapshot Series, #5) by Heather C. Myers . It has 138 pages.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Hannah wrote: "I'm going to read Rumors & Roughing A Slapshot Novel (Slapshot Series, #5) by Heather C. Myers. It has 138 pages."

I hope that you enjoy it! :)

message 8: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments I read: Reindeer Boy by Cassandra Jean It has 192 pages! It was a really wonderful read, 5 stars.

Jessie (Saffity) (saffity) | 563 comments Ok, trying to go for this with Wolf by Wolf (Wolf by Wolf, #1) by Ryan Graudin with 388 pages.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Mehsi wrote: "I read: Reindeer Boy by Cassandra Jean It has 192 pages! It was a really wonderful read, 5 stars."

Ooooo, I'm glad that you loved it! :)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Jessie (Saffity) wrote: "Ok, trying to go for this with Wolf by Wolf (Wolf by Wolf, #1) by Ryan Graudin with 388 pages."

Good luck! :)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Just a reminder that you can sign up to be a host HERE.

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jvblazejak) | 556 comments I'm going to read The Phantom Tollbooth with 258 pages.

message 14: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I finished my book and ended up reading Dance on His Grave by Sylvia Dickey Smith and gave it 4 stars.

message 15: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7250 comments I finished my book and gave it 4 stars.

message 16: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I also finished The Killer Inside Me by Jim Thompson and gave it 5 creepy stars!

message 17: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jvblazejak) | 556 comments I finished mine and gave it 4 stars.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) I'm glad that everyone enjoyed their books!