Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive > January (2018) New Releases

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4151 comments Mod
The top 200 books published in January 2018 that people have added on Goodreads.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/popula...

message 2: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4151 comments Mod
What will you be reading?

message 3: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6088 comments Mod
Without really going through the list, I have a few that I want to read that are already on my TBR.

Still Me - copy through NetGalley
Batman: Nightwalker - first library hold!
The Chalk Man - buddy read in March
Pretty Girls Dancing - Kindle first December
The Women in the Castle - re-release
A Treacherous Curse - loved the 1st book, still need to read the 2nd
The Wife Between Us
The Woman in the Window

Possibly, but I still need to read the first one!:
Thunderhead
Wires and Nerve, Volume 2: Gone Rogue

January seems to be a great month for new releases (at least for me!). Scrolling through, there are a few others that look interesting to me too and several with excellent ratings.

message 4: by Vicki Willis (last edited Jan 01, 2018 10:13AM) (new)

Vicki Willis | 877 comments I want to read
Pretty Girls Dancing Kindle First - I want to be better about reading these free books. I always download them, but rarely get to them. I want to change this.

I already read
The Wife Between Us - OMG 5 stars. I highly recommend this one sooner rather than later! Don't read too many reviews first though.

I am interested in, but don't own these yet:
The Chalk Man
The Perfect Stranger
The Girlfriend

I am going to try this year to read twice as many that I already own than those I buy. So I am going to be pickier about purchases.

message 5: by Janina (last edited Dec 31, 2017 10:48PM) (new)

Janina (sylarana) | 692 comments The one I'm most excited about in January is probably

Down by Contact ... because the combination of Santino Hassell and football is just about as good as it gets (at least in terms of romance)

Other than that

The Chalk Man
Iron Gold
The Cruel Prince

I also seem to have The Valiant on my to-read list and added this last February, but I can't recall why I would have done such a thing. So, probably not within the next decade or so.

I also really need to work on reading more books that I already own (some of which I had to buy last year, but never got around to reading). I do like to stay up-to-date with new releases, but it just makes no sense to keep on pushing things onto my queue only to loose interest in them by the time I actually start reading the books.

message 6: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Vicki Willis wrote: "I want to read
Pretty Girls Dancing Kindle First - I want to be better about reading this free books. I also download them, but rarely get to them. I want to change this."

I do this too. I get them because they're free, but hardly ever read them.

message 7: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

For anyone else interested in The Chalk Man, Vicki, Janina, and I have a buddy read planned for March 10th. If you'd like to join us, the thread is here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 8: by Savanes, Moderator (new)

Savanes | 2050 comments Mod
I'm really interested in:
Iron Gold, The Wife Between Us & Thunderhead (I still need to read book #1 though)

I'm curious about:
Just Between Us, Here We Lie, The Cruel Prince & Everless.

message 9: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 877 comments I just started Pretty Girls Dancing Pretty Girls Dancing by Kylie Brant which was a kindle first selection for this month.
It is fast paced and easy to read. It is written from 4 different people's perspectives and has dark feel to it. So far so good!

message 10: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Glad you're enjoying it, Vicki! I still have it on my list to read.

From my list above:

Still Me - reading this right now about 60-something percent through I think. I'm enjoying it. Some of the relationship stuff has been on the edge of what I enjoy in stories, but the humor is spot on. If I had to rate it right now, it would be 4 stars.

Batman: Nightwalker - finished this one last month and gave it 3 stars. I thought it was ok. Definitely not as good as Wonder Woman.

The Chalk Man - reading this right now at 85%. I think it's pretty good, but I'm not loving it, which I expected to. The MC is someone you won't love and there are several "dream sequences" which I'm not a fan of. If I had to rat it right now, I'd say 3.5 stars. The end will determine if it's a 3 or 4 for me. So far the twists haven't been completely shocking to me. Of course, that means they're more believable too.

The Woman in the Window - just picked this up from the library. planning to get to it next.