2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

Taken at the Flood (Hercule Poirot, #29)
This topic is about Taken at the Flood
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2018 > Taken at the Flood

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Pat (last edited Jan 06, 2018 07:22AM) (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments This thread is to discuss Agatha Christie‘s book, Taken at the Flood.

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants: Iris, Daph, Michelle, Mikayla

message 2: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're doing. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 88
Week 2: 88
Week 3: 88
Week 4: 88

message 3: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 722 comments I am excited! Thanks for putting up the thread for us, Mary Pat!

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle This sounds interesting. I see that it’s part of a series, would I be confused if I haven’t read any of the other ones?

message 5: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Michelle wrote: "This sounds interesting. I see that it’s part of a series, would I be confused if I haven’t read any of the other ones?"

Probably not with this series.
But we will be starting with installment 1 next month....

message 6: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 722 comments Michelle wrote: "This sounds interesting. I see that it’s part of a series, would I be confused if I haven’t read any of the other ones?"

They all work pretty well as stand-alones. :) And as mentioned above the first book in the series The Mysterious Affair at Styles will also be discussed in February!

message 7: by Julia (new)

Julia Lowrence (juliettal) | 140 comments I'd like to join please

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I will be getting the book from the library tonight. Is this something where we read the allotted pages and then discuss over the weekend?

message 9: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Michelle wrote: "I will be getting the book from the library tonight. Is this something where we read the allotted pages and then discuss over the weekend?"

Hi, Michelle! I have added you to the list of participants for this buddy read. Next you read the book and participate in the discussion. Most buddy reads are for a month although we do some longer books over two or three months.

It is especially important that participants mark spoilers appropriately so that the book’s contents are not revealed to someone who is not as far along as others is the group. You can mark spoilers by placing [spoiler] before the text and [/spoiler] after the text using <> instead of [].

Check out the first post (here) for more information about Buddy Reads!

Let me know if you have any questions!

message 10: by Mary Pat (last edited Jan 06, 2018 07:23AM) (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Mikayla wrote: "I would read this book but I'm not sure if the public library could get it from another library quickly enough."

SInce it is early in the month, I will add you to the list and if you get the book in a reasonable time frame, you can join in the discussion!

(Sometimes a buddy read doesn't kick into gear until later in the month because everyone reads at different times.)

message 11: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 722 comments Julia wrote: "I'd like to join please"

We would love to have you join in :)

message 12: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Mikayla, absolutely! participate in as many buddy reads as you would like!

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle So this is the first book by Agatha Christie that I’ve read and it took me a little while to get used to her style of writing. I have to say the prologue confused me a little. But now I’m on chapter three and I think it’s starting to make more sense how the characters fit together. I’m still trying to figure it out though, because it switches people each chapter it seems like.

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle So I would like to be removed from this group. I just cannot get into this book and I’m not enjoying it very much. Thanks.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.