Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Flame of Sevenwaters [April 2018]

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
April 3rd

message 2: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 6777 comments Spot!

message 3: by Mayim (new)

Mayim de Vries | 2918 comments in

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments In

message 5: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 16614 comments You guys are still reading this?!?... :D

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments It's the last in the series. we might as well. :D

message 7: by Mayim (new)

Mayim de Vries | 2918 comments I am behind with everything but I so want to be done with this series.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Oops, I forgot about this series. Guess I need to add this to my tracker, too. I'm kind of over this series but the buddy reads are the best way for me to finish it, and I hate having so many unfinished series.

message 9: by Mayim (new)

Mayim de Vries | 2918 comments Same here. The first book was the only one worth time and money.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments I just realized this is the last one! It's like running a marathon and you're about to collapse but you see the finish line and you give it one last go. So ready to be done with this series lol.

Anyway, starting it today.

message 11: by Mayim (new)

Mayim de Vries | 2918 comments I have been putting it off for a couple of days. Bad sign. :D But if you start, I'll start too.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Mayim wrote: "I have been putting it off for a couple of days. Bad sign. :D But if you start, I'll start too."

I have about another hour or 2 of listening time on Kushiel's Scion and then starting this one.

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments I'm also starting it today.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments 30% in. I know she thinks she's a great dog trainer, but as someone with years of dog training experience, she's horrible. You can't just tell a dog stay and expect him to know what you're talking about. It's like speaking french to a Malaysian. I'm embarrassed for her ignorance.

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments at the end of chapter 3 and the mother (view spoiler)?! Seriously? What kind of a bitch is that? Pardon my english please but that really pissed me off!!!

message 16: by Mayim (new)

Mayim de Vries | 2918 comments I neither dog nor a horse person so I cannot relate but so far Maeve is OK as a protagonist.

message 17: by Mayim (new)

Mayim de Vries | 2918 comments OK, I have finished. With certain relief I have to say. There is absolutely nothing special about this instalment. Nothing new that we would not have seen before.

I have to say I am very relieved to be done with this series.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Mayim wrote: "OK, I have finished. With certain relief I have to say. There is absolutely nothing special about this instalment. Nothing new that we would not have seen before.

I have to say I am very relieved..."

Lol, yay you! I'm at 50%. I hope to finish today.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments I'm at 57% She is (view spoiler)

message 20: by Mayim (new)

Mayim de Vries | 2918 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "I'm at 57% She is [spoilers removed]"

Not saying anything but I thought it was kind of Captain Obvious.

message 21: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "I'm at 57% She is [spoilers removed]"

I actually got that from the time both dogs (view spoiler)

Captain Obvious for me too. :)

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments I finished it also and even though some stuff was pretty obvious i enjoyed it a lot more than the last few books.
It was a sweet read for me.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments I want to face palm, eye roll, and gag at that ending. Not enough emojis.