Challenge Corner discussion

Looking for Alaska
This topic is about Looking for Alaska
Let's Buddy! - Contemporary > Looking for Alaska by John Green - Starting January 1st, 2018

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 53449 comments Mod
Before. Miles “Pudge” Halter is done with his safe life at home. His whole life has been one big non-event, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave “the Great Perhaps” even more (Francois Rabelais, poet). He heads off to the sometimes crazy and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young. She is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart. Then. . . .
After. Nothing is ever the same.

message 2: by Charley Girl (last edited Jan 02, 2018 03:21PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 680 comments 21% done. Just getting started. I just read the title of the book when I agreed to the buddy read and I thought it was a book about discovering Alaska, the state. LOL. I'm enjoying it though and is probably more exciting than discovering the state.

message 3: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Charley Girl wrote: "21% done. Just getting started. I just read the title of the book when I agreed to the buddy read and I thought it was a book about discovering Alaska, the state. LOL. I'm enjoying it though and is..."

I saw this comment when I was driving home and I laughed so hard!

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 680 comments Alaina wrote: "Charley Girl wrote: "21% done. Just getting started. I just read the title of the book when I agreed to the buddy read and I thought it was a book about discovering Alaska, the state. LOL. I'm enjo..."

I'm glad I could make you laugh! I constantly read books I don't know what they are about....until I start reading them. :)

message 5: by Charley Girl (last edited Jan 03, 2018 07:49AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 680 comments 53% done. HAHA...private school and teenage pranks. Is there anything better? The characters are FUNNY! I'm still in the Before...

message 6: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

That happens to me all the time!! I haven’t started the book yet but I will tonight 😘😘

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 680 comments 83% done. So the Before part is a lot more fun to read the After. I'm getting old. Didn't see that coming at all.

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 680 comments 90% done. Dang, no fun for Pudge or the Colonel. Things are rough right now and I'm wondering if they are going to solve the mystery. Hmmmmm............

message 9: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

21%: (view spoiler)
43%: (view spoiler)
64%: (view spoiler)
86%: (view spoiler)
100%: (view spoiler)

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 680 comments 100% done. Dang what a bummer. Like the first part better.

message 11: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Charley Girl wrote: "100% done. Dang what a bummer. Like the first part better."

SAME!

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 680 comments Alaina wrote: "Charley Girl wrote: "100% done. Dang what a bummer. Like the first part better."

SAME!"

I read your updates and I was right with you each step of the way!

message 13: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Charley Girl wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Charley Girl wrote: "100% done. Dang what a bummer. Like the first part better."

SAME!"

I read your updates and I was right with you each step of the way!"

haha yay! sorry I didn't update when you did :( I just kind of got all swept up with my new job. I started my new full time job the day right after new years day, I've been crazy busy

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 680 comments Alaina wrote: "Charley Girl wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Charley Girl wrote: "100% done. Dang what a bummer. Like the first part better."

SAME!"

I read your updates and I was right with you each step of the way!"

ha..."

I don't know how you read so fast! I just got clobbered at work and it is cutting into my reading time so I'm going to be going even slower. :(

Good luck at your new job!