Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Birthdays > January Birthdays 2018 LIH

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Melinda (last edited Jan 03, 2018 09:09PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Happy New Year Everyone! Welcome to 2018! Hope you have had a good holiday . Ready for a new year and new birthdays and of course new books.
This is the list that I have for January birthdays. If you know of one that is not on the list ,let us know.

Brittany 14th
Missy is the 21st
Barbara 24th
Australia's is the 26th
Carol 28th
Kathy on Jan. 29
Janet is the 31st

message 2: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Hope everyone is having a good January . Here in Mississippi, we are trying to stay warm as we did not get below freezing much but have this week. I have given the Kitchen and our gathering room a good cleaning . I will stack up on the things we use a lot.

Ausjenny, how is the summer temps there?

message 3: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Melinda wrote: "Happy New Year Everyone! Welcome to 2018! Hope you have had a good holiday . Ready for a new year and new birthdays and of course new books.
This is the list that I have for January birthdays. If y..."

HAPPY, HAPPY Birthday you January babes!

message 4: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments How great to lead off the new year by celebrating your birthday. Best wishes to all of you!

message 5: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments Oh Melinda missed your question Hot. although the past couple of days have been cooler but its heating up again from tomorrow. thankfully we don't get high humidity although even 20% is to much for me

message 6: by Melinda (last edited Jan 12, 2018 10:49AM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Oh Melinda missed your question Hot. although the past couple of days have been cooler but its heating up again from tomorrow. thankfully we don't get high humidity although even 20% is to much for me"

Thanks for answering Ausjenny. I just wondered how hot because we had been cold but are back to normal for a little while.

message 7: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Since Brittany's birthday falls on Sunday Jan. 14th, I thought we could celebrate her birthday all weekend. I am hanging banners in gold and silver. Using Paula-O's tablecloths from last January -tables have tablecloths in ivory color with flowers in pretty vase because her in the US it is winter and we need some color to brighten things up.
I have put coffee ,both types in the coffeepots as well as hot water on for tea. The ice tea is in the refrigerator ,with sweetened, unsweetened, decaffeinated tea fixed both ways as well as lemonade. There is milk and creamer as well.

I have brought a fruit tray for those trying to watch the sweets after the holidays and a vegetable tray. I brought brownies . There are some with nuts are on the yellow tray and have nuts printed on a card in front. and some without who are on the blue tray.

Happy Birthday, Brittany! hope you have a wonderful birthday and a special weekend.

message 8: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments I can add some fresh fruit, Apricots, Peaches, Plums, Nectarines, strawberries, raspberries etc.

Happy Birthday Brittany

message 9: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments What a wonderful idea, Melinda!

Happy birthday, Brittany!! Hope you have a great weekend celebration!

I'm adding a key lime pie to the table to remind us of summer.

message 10: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments It's so cold here that I will bring some hot chocolate also, for the non-coffee drinkers. The tables are lovely, Melinda! And all the fruit looks luscious! I will bring some creme brulee.

message 11: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments The fruit looks almost too pretty to eat but I will have some. Hot chocolate sounds wonderful as it is chilly in Mississippi . Ausjenny, Thank you for all the different fruit I will have to try Christine's key lime pie as I have never had any before. Stay warm except for Ausjenny who needs to stay cool.

message 12: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments Happy Birthday Brittany!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend celebration!! I've added a peach cobbler to the table along with some ice cream in the freezer for those who wish to indulge.

message 13: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday Brittany!
I've added a lovely little birthday cake just for you! Cupcakes for the rest of us. I hope you have a wonderful day!

message 14: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments Happy Birthday, Brittany!

message 15: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy birthday Brittany! I hope you have a wonderful day. There are so many sweets I decided to bring two trays of appetizers. There are pickled beets, deviled eggs, olives, pickles-sweet, dill and bread and butter, macaroni and cheese bites and pizza roll bites.

The tables look lovely. It's so nice to see flowers this time of year. We had a strange day-weather-wise-yesterday here in western NY. It went from below freezing to pouring rain during the wee hours of the night, which melted the four inches of snow we had. The temperature climbed to 58 degrees during the day, then dropped back down and snowed 8 inches before the temp. dropped down to minus 7 degrees by during the night. We are enjoying the crackling fire in the fireplace!

message 16: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Andrea, the little cake and cupcakes are pretty and sound wonderful.
Dorothy, what a wonderful idea to have appetizers.
The weather is strange but you had Soring, Fall and winter in 24 hours. Stay warm Dorothy.

It is going to be in the 50's tomorrow but we will get colder and probably have snow Tuesday night which is not the normal here is South Mississippi.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Brittany.

message 17: by Melinda (last edited Jan 19, 2018 09:41PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Cleaning up and getting ready for our next birthday on Sunday, Jan.21. I am adding blue banners to go with the gold and silver. Refreshing all of the drinks as well as putting the coffee pot and the pot for hot water on the timer.

I am adding A King Cake which is what they serve and is the traditional Mardi Gras dessert, They have different fillings inside and I prefer the cream cheese but there are others. I have added several different cakes with the only difference being the filling. Normal there is a plastic baby in the cake but ours is missing that as it is safer.
Below is the link for the recipe
https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/m...

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/k...

I also added pictures of a King Cake in the photos and they are on page 3.

message 18: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Sunday, January 21 is Missy" birthday.
Missy have a wonderful birthday. Enjoy your special day.

message 19: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments Its sad to remember today would have been Paula's birthday.

Happy Birthday Missy, I am bringing a salted caramel cheesecake. (I hope it doesn't melt on the way)

message 20: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Missy! I've brought a pitcher of lemonade and some lemon bars for the table.

message 21: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Its sad to remember today would have been Paula's birthday.

Happy Birthday Missy, I am bringing a salted caramel cheesecake. (I hope it doesn't melt on the way)"

Ausjenny,
I thought about that as well but she is in a better place but I miss her.

message 22: by Melinda (last edited Jan 20, 2018 01:52PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Christine wrote: "Happy birthday, Missy! I've brought a pitcher of lemonade and some lemon bars for the table."

The lemon bars looks wonderful Christine. I will have to try one.

message 23: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Missy! I will bring a chocolate souffle cake to add to this feast!

message 24: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments Happy Birthday Missy!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!
I'm adding some apple and peach hand pies.

message 25: by Sherida (new)

Sherida Stewart Missy, happy birthday! All the treats look SO delicious! I know you’re having a yummy celebration! I’ll add some flowers.

message 26: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Ausjenny wrote: "Its sad to remember today would have been Paula's birthday.

Happy Birthday Missy, I am bringing a salted caramel cheesecake. (I hope it doesn't melt on the way)"

Yes I was just thinking of Paula-O last week. Happy Birthday, Missy!

message 27: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Missy!
I am putting some chilled sparkling cider on the beverage table.

message 28: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Putting up yellow streamers to brighten things up. I am adding brownies to the table. There are some without nuts and some with so there is a label on the containers. Refreshed the drinks,

Today is Barbara's birthday,
Happy Birthday, Barbara! Have a wonderful day.

message 29: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Barbara! Hope your day is wonderful. I brought a lemon chiffon cake to match the decorations. The brownies are delicious, Melinda.

message 30: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments I wish you a Very Happy Birthday, Barbara!
I'm adding some nearly sugar-free Oatmeal Raisin cookies to the table.

Melinda, the decorations are certainly brightening up my day. It's been so gloomy and grey here.

message 31: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Barbara!! I will add some fresh fruit to this lovely table! I love the bright yellow streamers!

message 32: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments Happy Birthday Barbara!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!
I'm adding some fresh lemonade to the table, both sugar-free and sweetened.

message 33: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy birthday Barbara! I've brought some yellow and white tissue flowers to cluster at the end of the streamers. And yellow candles in tall glass cylinders for the table. I've brought lemon tarts to add to the goodies.

Missy, I missed your day--happy birthday!

message 34: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments Happy birthday Barbara

message 35: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Thinking of you Ausjenny as we celebrate Australia's birthday on the 26 th.
I am hanging new streamers which are white, red and navy blue for the colors on Australia's flag.
I am adding a plate of Tim Tams and A picture in our photos. They sound good.
Ausjenny what do you think we all should try from Australia?

message 36: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments I am adding the Green and Gold as those are our countries colours. Its a contentious day now as the indigenous people see it as invasion day and there is talk we will change the date but this happens every year.
I think you need some Lamb roast or chops. followed by pavlova.
also for morning or afternoon tea some lamingtons would work well. Oh and for those who like chocolates some cherry ripes, freddo frogs and caramello koala's.

message 38: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy birthday Australia! I know Jenny is from Australia, of course. Do we have any others from Australia? I've brought a green basket tied with a gold bow filled with the Cadbury products Jenny suggested. Enjoy everyone!

What is your favorite, Jenny?

message 39: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Dorothy wrote: "Happy birthday Australia! I know Jenny is from Australia, of course. Do we have any others from Australia? I've brought a green basket tied with a gold bow filled with the Cadbury products Jenny su..."

Sounds like I will be trying new things today. thanks Dorothy.

message 40: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Jenny, thanks for the links

message 41: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments Dorothy I like the Caramello Koala's but I also like freddo frogs.

message 42: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Dorothy I like the Caramello Koala's but I also like freddo frogs."

I'd be willing to try some Caramello Koala's and Freddo Frogs!

message 43: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments I'd like to wish Carol a very Happy Birthday!
My internet has been iffy for the last few days, I might miss it.
I loved the TimTams and Cadbury treats we had on Austraila day.

I'm adding some Cinnabon mini's to the table if anyone wants a sweet for breakfast. Oh and I've put out a box of Tetley black and green tea. It's so tasty hot or iced.

message 44: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Carol!! I will bring some chocolate strawberries. Have a restful, fun day!

message 45: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments I have added green and gold streamers for Carol's birthday.
Carol's birthday is on Sunday 28th.
I will add chicken noodle soup that is homemade for lunch and dinner so you can eat all day.

Cinnabon's are great for a special breakfast treat.

Happy Birthday Carol!

message 46: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments Happy birthday. I am bringing sticky date pudding.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/stick...

message 47: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Andrea wrote: "I'd like to wish Carol a very Happy Birthday!
My internet has been iffy for the last few days, I might miss it.
I loved the TimTams and Cadbury treats we had on Austraila day.

I'm adding some C..."

Andrea,
I understand as our internet is acting the same way.

message 48: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments must be catchy cos my internet is playing up also

message 49: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments Happy Birthday Carol!! I hope you are having a wonderful blessed day!!

message 50: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Cleaning up and refreshing things. Adding blue streamers with stars for Kathy's birthday on Monday Jan. 29

I have added an apple pie to the table.
Have a wonderful birthday, Kathy!

« previous 1