2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > TBR Twins, January

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3977 comments Below are your twins for January! Please remember that this month's pairings are random. Unlike typical months, you are not paired by having favorite genres in common. This means you may need to stretch a little more than usual to find a book you both want to read. Please be open-minded and flexible!

Let us know what book you picked to read and also what you thought of it when you've finished.

If you do not hear back from your twin, let us know here in this thread, and feel free to pair up with someone else who also did not hear back.

Liz
Stefani - SpelingExpirt

Nethra
Theresa~OctoberLace

Brenda
Eirelyn

Eunice
Claire

Aurora
Eva

Charlene
Elii.

SarahKat
Evelina

Anissa
Rachel

Elaine
Tammie

Janine
Debra

Veronica
Rowan

Christinne
Kristina

Sarah
Lori

Dania
Laura

Haley
Sherry

Ferris
Ashley

Sara
Deborah

Sara
Sabina

Karen
Katelaine

Malola
Amanda (msg 34)

Eden
Nadia

Joey
Harsha

Isa
Amanda (msg 14)

Alison (msg 23)
Dora

Heather
Auntie Terror

Ju
Erina

Marija
Alison (msg 24)

Dominique
Anam

Erin
Chris

message 2: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3977 comments How to compare books:

1. Go to your twin's profile and click "compare books"

2. In the top right corner, set the "common shelves" to "to read." If you or your partner keeps the TBR list somewhere other than the "to read" shelf, then you can use the two fields under that to compare books.

This should give you a neat list of everything you have in common.

message 3: by Claire (new)

Claire  (claire6452) | 711 comments Eunice and I have decided to read The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley

message 4: by Auntie Terror (new)

Auntie Terror (auntie_terror) | 431 comments Heather and me chose A Darker Shade of Magic.

message 5: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (hitem1st) How does twin reading work? You get paired up and find a book both individuals own or want to read. I'm curious because I would like to try it once but am worried I won't have similar books.

message 6: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3977 comments Matthew, normally, you pick which genres you’d like to read in the following month, and I’ll pair you with someone who answered similarly. For January, we did a free-for-all, so it’s totally random.

message 7: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (hitem1st) Oh okay. Simple enough.

message 8: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3977 comments Matthew, if you’re interested, sign up here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 9: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta | 307 comments Is it too late to sign up to read in January, or do I have to go to the Feb sign-ups? This sounds really interesting.

message 10: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3977 comments Cendaquenta wrote: "Is it too late to sign up to read in January, or do I have to go to the Feb sign-ups? This sounds really interesting."

It’s too late to sign up for January; however, if someone’s twin is a no-show, feel free to offer to pair up with them.

message 11: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta | 307 comments Okay, thanks. I'll sign up for next month then.

message 12: by Enne (new)

Enne (worldsofwords) Eden and I are going to read We Are Okay

message 13: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 344 comments Christinne and I will be reading Never Let Me Go.

message 14: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 15 comments Ferris and I have chosen to read The Goldfinch

message 15: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new)

SarahKat | 3069 comments Evelina and I will be reading 1984

message 16: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (lilsherry) | 699 comments Haley and I will read You Say It First by Susan Mallery

message 17: by Dora (new)

Dora | 14 comments Alison and I will be reading Three Dark Crowns

message 18: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Kass | 26 comments Anissa and I are reading The Girl with All the Gifts

message 19: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1241 comments Brenda & I are reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. :D

message 21: by Erin (new)

Erin Young (erinzo) | 177 comments Chris and I are reading Artemis

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 526 comments Malola and I are reading The Dead Zone.

message 23: by Alison (new)

Alison Chorney-Dubien | 105 comments I haven't heard back from my twin for January after 2 attempts...if anyone needs a partner for January please pm me.

Thanks,
Alison

message 24: by Mirella (new)

Mirella | 10 comments when will we know about february twin?

message 25: by Cassandra (last edited Jan 11, 2018 11:42AM) (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Hey Alison! Sorry to hear your buddy hasn't contacted you. Would you like to read a book together?

EDIT: Part of the problem here may be that your profile is set to not accept messages from people you aren't already friends with. To participate in TBR twins, you need to be able to receive messages. Let us know if you have questions!

Mirella, the February sign ups are open. You'll be paired with a twin by the end of January.

message 26: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett I message my buddies she has not messaged me back

message 27: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 45 comments Tammie and I will be reading Wuthering Heights.

message 28: by Captain Nemo (new)

Captain Nemo (The Demigod Slytherin Who Drives A Jeep) | 4 comments 1. I read mainly Young Adult and middle grade books. I like contemporary, historical fiction, sci-fi, dystopian, low-fantasy, and retellings of stories(like the lunar chronicles but I don’t know what that genre is called)
2. I’ve never participated in this before.

message 29: by Susy (last edited Jan 20, 2018 01:35AM) (new)

Susy (susysstories) NemoTheHalf-BloodSlytherinWhoDrivesAJeep wrote: "1. I read mainly Young Adult and middle grade books. I like contemporary, historical fiction, sci-fi, dystopian, low-fantasy, and retellings of stories(like the lunar chronicles but I don’t know wh..."

Hi Nemo, you can no longer sign up for January but you can for February.
Here you can find the general rules and questions about twin reads.
Good luck & have fun! :)

ps: I LOVED The Lunar Chronicles!!

Theresa~OctoberLace (octoberlace) | 773 comments I think we forgot to post that Nethra and I are reading Middlesex.

message 31: by Dania (new)

Dania (frenchiestfry) | 70 comments Laura and I read The Witch's Daughter, and both of us felt that the story was easy to read, but some parts felt too far fetched and had no explanation. Hence the 2.5 rating from both of us.