GOOD REVIEWS discussion

Light's Rise (Light in the Darkness, #1)
This topic is about Light's Rise
Self Publishing > Seeking book reviews for Fantasy novel

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yvette (new)

Yvette Bostic Hello all!
I'm seeking reviews for my book, Light's Rise. It's the first in the series, with the second to be released in January 2018.

Book blurb-
Darian was a young scout in the Imperial Austrian Army when Napoleon Bonaparte started his campaign across Europe. It isn’t until Darian’s hometown is threatened that he discovers an insidious evil lurking behind enemy lines; taking advantage of the chaos of war. A mysterious man named Raphael provides two choices: stay and fight against the French, or join the Council of Light in the struggle to save Europe from an evil mastermind intent on conquering humanity with his army of demons. Darian’s choice leads him into a new war, where victory lies in the hands of an unusual group of warriors with supernatural abilities whose sole purpose is to protect humanity from an unending tide of evil.

Feel free to message me with any questions.
Sincerely,
Yvette

message 2: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Goyette | 5 comments Link?

I would be willing to do a verified purchase review swap.

Stigma: Wicked Rebirth

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Veevers | 3 comments Hi Yvette, Your Novel sounds amazing, I just had one question. What age Genre is it, I am assuming more than likely adult, but given the era there is a chance it might be YA, which I am hoping for as that is what I review. I do make a few exceptions for NA as well it just depends. Thank you.

Lynn

message 4: by Yvette (new)

Yvette Bostic Thomas wrote: "Link?

I would be willing to do a verified purchase review swap.

Stigma: Wicked Rebirth"

Light's Rise
Here is the link to the book, Thomas.
I'm always looking for new books to read and would be happy to add yours to the list.

message 5: by Yvette (new)

Yvette Bostic Lynn wrote: "Hi Yvette, Your Novel sounds amazing, I just had one question. What age Genre is it, I am assuming more than likely adult, but given the era there is a chance it might be YA, which I am hoping for ..."

Lynn,
The book is appropriate for any age (no explicit sex or language). I really didn't have a target audience when I wrote it. The characters themselves range from age 14 to a couple hundred years old. The main character is 20-years old when he joins the Council in their fight against the demons, but he recruits a young boy of 14, who we get to watch grow into a strong young man. The story encompasses Darian's struggle to accept his new role and responsibilities, but it also follows the difficulties of the Council members who have been in that role for ages.
I hope that answers your question :)
Thank you very much for your interest!