Around the World in 80 Books discussion

Random Travel Challenge > Nancy's Random Travels 2018

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 823 comments This looks like fun. I'm in.

message 2: by Nancy H (last edited Mar 21, 2018 04:14PM) (new)

Nancy H | 823 comments Vietnam
Austria
Somalia
Colombia
Argentina
Marshall Islands - Paradise Lost: A Year on a Vanishing Island with the Exiled Bikinians in the Marshall Islands (3/16/18)
Chile - Death on the Patagonian Express (3/21/18)
Zimbabwe
Denmark
Russia
Nepal - Time Out for Beginner's: 32 days spent in a Buddhist Monastery in Nepal (3/6/18)
Mali - Bad-Ass Librarians of Timbuktu (2/5/18)
Netherlands
Samoa
Greece
Gambia
Gabon
Bahamas
Swaziland
Switzerland - Murder in Montreux (3/13/18)

message 3: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 823 comments I finished the first of the 20 on my list:

1. Mali - The Bad-Ass Librarians of Timbuktu: And Their Race to Save the World’s Most Precious Manuscripts The Bad-Ass Librarians of Timbuktu And Their Race to Save the World’s Most Precious Manuscripts by Joshua Hammer (Finished 2/5/18) This is a frightening but awesome look at how librarians and book lovers have had to save priceless manuscripts from jihadi terrorists in Mali.

message 4: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 823 comments 2. Nepal - Time out for Beginners: 32 Days in a Buddhist Monastery in Nepal (3/6/18) This was an interesting book to me since I don't know very much about Buddhism. It was interesting and enlightening.

message 5: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 823 comments 3. Switzerland - Murder in Montreux (3/13/18) This is a really good mystery!

message 6: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 823 comments 4. Marshall Islands - Paradise Lost: A year on a vanishing island with the exiled Bikinians in the Marshall Islands - Alan A. Taylor (3/16/18) - This is a very interesting account that makes you think.

message 7: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 823 comments 5. Chile - Death on the Patagonian Express by Hy Conrad (3/21/18)

message 8: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 823 comments 6. Colombia - Heart of the World by Linda Barnes (8/2/18)
7. Denmark - The Little Café in Copenhagen (11/6/18)
8. Greece - The Illegal Gardener (4/29/18)