Bookmarks Subscribers discussion

Q and A > Favorites of 2017

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1261 comments As the year comes to a close, what were your favorite books? No need to limit it to one!

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda | 1429 comments Betsy wrote: "As the year comes to a close, what were your favorite books? No need to limit it to one!"

Betsy, is this to be the book we read this year or the book we read this year that was also published this year?

message 4: by Nancy (last edited Dec 31, 2017 11:01AM) (new)

Nancy Motto | 450 comments Betsy wrote: "As the year comes to a close, what were your favorite books? No need to limit it to one!"
I can't say I thought it was one of my favorites when I read it but since I can't stop thinking about, especially in light of current events, I'd have to say Beartown by Frederik Backman

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Motto | 450 comments Betsy wrote: "As the year comes to a close, what were your favorite books? No need to limit it to one!"
I just went over my list of Read books for 2017 and the few that stand out are Breakfast with Buddha, Our souls at Night, Where did you go, Bernadette?, and Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine. I also realized that of all the books I read in 2017, none really knocked my socks of. I don't know if that's down to me or the books that are out there. Hoping 2018 will have some good surprises in store

message 6: by Linda (new)

Linda | 1429 comments The last book that I read in 2017 is probably my favorite The Hummingbird by Stephen P. Kiernan The Hummingbird. I also really liked Hunger A Memoir of (My) Body by Roxane Gay Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body and A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman A Man Called Ove, Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows by Balli Kaur Jaswal Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows and to make an odd five, I'll choose (drum roll) My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier My Cousin Rachel which I read before I knew it was coming out as a movie.

message 7: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1261 comments Linda wrote: "Betsy wrote: "As the year comes to a close, what were your favorite books? No need to limit it to one!"

Betsy, is this to be the book we read this year or the book we read this year that was also ..."

So many rules! I would say book that you read this year, regardless of when it was published.

message 8: by Elle (last edited Jan 01, 2018 02:45PM) (new)

Elle (elleisforliving) | 54 comments I didn't feel it was an amazing year for reading until I looked back and realized how many great books I had. Here are a couple of my stand-outs: Never Coming Back by Alison McGhee Never Coming Back , Beartown by Fredrik Backman Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie Home Fire and All the Ugly and Wonderful Things All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood just to name a few.