Catching up on Classics (and lots more!) discussion

2018 Classic Bingo Challenge > Luffy's 2018 BINGO Challenge

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Luffy (last edited Feb 05, 2018 07:42AM) (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) | 75 comments I1: 20th Century Classic: L'Étranger by Albert Camus
I2: New-to-You Author: Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
I3: Mystery or Crime Classic: Whose Body? by Dorothy L. Sayers
I4: Classic of More than 500 Pages: Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
I5: 18th Century or Earlier Classic: Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe

Revised due to incompatibility with most classics I've tried to read.

message 2: by Candi (new)

Candi (candih) | 743 comments Awesome list, Luffy! I hope you enjoy them. Les Misérables was one of my highlights from this past year :)

message 3: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) | 75 comments Thanks for noticing my entries, Candi! Les Misérables is a book that's quite difficult to hate.

message 4: by Laurie (new)

Laurie | 1589 comments What a bunch of great choices. You have at least 3 that I hope to read this year too. Best of luck on your challenge.

message 5: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) | 75 comments Thanks, Laurie! So happy that you like my future reads:)

message 6: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 9263 comments Mod
Welcome to the 2018 Challenge Luffy; you have a great list of books here.

message 7: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) | 75 comments Well Katy, I do feel welcomed. I hope, and I'm convinced I'll complete the challenge.

message 8: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

The nice thing about Bingo is that there are several ways to win a bingo along with a blackout if that is your goal.

message 9: by Veronique (new)

Veronique | 896 comments Good luck with your challenge. Lots of great titles! Enjoy

message 10: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) | 75 comments Katy wrote: "The nice thing about Bingo is that there are several ways to win a bingo along with a blackout if that is your goal."

Can you elaborate on the blackout thing? Thanks.

message 11: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) | 75 comments Veronique wrote: "Good luck with your challenge. Lots of great titles! Enjoy"

Oh I concur I will enjoy it. These titles are calling out to me:)

message 12: by Bat-Cat (new)

Bat-Cat | 1300 comments Really nice list, Luffy. I will be reading a few of them as well. See you in the threads> :-)

message 13: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) | 75 comments Thank you Bat-Cat! I'll search these threads and post there one day:)

message 14: by Sara, Old School Classics (new)

Sara (phantomswife) | 4701 comments Mod
Super list, Luffy. Good luck.

message 15: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) | 75 comments Finished The Sun Is Also a Star. A worthwhile read. It's a good love story and perhaps more than that. I gave it 3 stars.

message 16: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Blackout is reading a book for every square on the board.

message 17: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) | 75 comments Katy wrote: "Blackout is reading a book for every square on the board."

I figured that in the end. Such a long way to go:)

message 18: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

That is why I try for a row of 5 instead at first it seems much more doable.

message 19: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) | 75 comments I finished reading Vanity Fair. Here is my review:-

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 20: by Erin (new)

Erin (erinm31) | 609 comments Off to a great start! =D

message 21: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) | 75 comments Erin wrote: "Off to a great start! =D"

The one hefty book left is Les Mis. Otherwise I could see myself finishing this challenge.

message 22: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) | 75 comments I'm not completing this challenge. I'm about to DNF Captain Courageous. I'm not ready. I'm sorry.

message 23: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Luffy wrote: "I'm not completing this challenge. I'm about to DNF Captain Courageous. I'm not ready. I'm sorry."

No problem.
Also remember that you don't need a blackout to win at Bingo -- any 5 in a row or the corner squares will work. Also you can change what books you want to read for each square at any time during the year.

message 24: by Brina (new)

Brina I agree with Katy. I have changed my books about five times already and you have the rest of the year.

message 25: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) | 75 comments Katy wrote: "Luffy wrote: "I'm not completing this challenge. I'm about to DNF Captain Courageous. I'm not ready. I'm sorry."

No problem.
Also remember that you don't need a blackout to win at Bingo -- any 5 i..."

Brina wrote: "I agree with Katy. I have changed my books about five times already and you have the rest of the year."

Thanks! I will reflect on this.

message 26: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) | 75 comments I've chosen level one bingo. I will be satisfied with this.