Play Book Tag discussion

Holiday Spice (The Shaughnessy Brothers, #6)
This topic is about Holiday Spice
Archive: Other Books > Holiday Spice by Samantha Chase -- 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7717 comments Holiday Spice by Samantha Chase
4 stars

At this point, don't we all know the plot of these books? Darcy is unexpectedly snowed in with Ben, a semi-reclusive woodworker, when she is cajoled by her SIL to help him finish a coffee table book that he is working on. He's hot, she's hot, the sparks that fly between them are hot. This is not rocket science here....

But, Darcy kind of reminded me of my myself. She was impulsive and quick to jump to the wrong conclusions. She was fiery and not afraid to speak her mind even if it resulted in a brief yet passionate disagreement. However, she was also not too slow to admit when she was wrong and apologize, then move on.

I also loved Darcy's family. She had five older brothers and five older SILs and I loved the group interaction. I have a large family and I know how they can be protective, meddlesome, infuriating, and the best part of life.

So glad I made this impulse buy based on an Amazon recommendation!

message 2: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5642 comments Wait ... you have a large family?

message 3: by Nicole R (last edited Jan 02, 2018 12:36PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7717 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Wait ... you have a large family?"

Yep! My immediate family is pretty small, just my parents and younger brother. But, I am one of 15 cousins, all but three of us are married, and they have a combined 22 kids. Plus, I have 4 sets of aunts and uncles, and even more extended family beyond just that who all live in KC.

I am really close to my cousins and several of them are more like siblings. We were all born within 10 years of each other so there are several born the same year as me.

We all get together often and my family is always all up in each others business and the gossip is strong! lol. I love it.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Holiday Spice (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Samantha Chase (other topics)