2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Cathleen's 36 Books - 24 purely fun and 12 must-reads

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cathleen (new)

Cathleen Sarti My first time doing a challenge in this group!
I've just completed the yearly challenge (set for 12 books, with 4 books read by mid-November and 15 read today), and I want to challenge myself to read at least 12 professional (history) books completely through (not just look up the part I need for my own research). And, to make it more fun: 24 books just for fun (fantasy, cosy mystery, YA, etc.)

message 2: by Evonne (new)

Evonne | 21 comments Ah! So we CAN use professional development books! Good. :D

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) CathleenSarti wrote: "My first time doing a challenge in this group!
I've just completed the yearly challenge (set for 12 books, with 4 books read by mid-November and 15 read today), and I want to challenge myself to r..."

Wishing you the best of luck with your goal Cathleen & a very happy reading/new year!!

message 4: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Evonne wrote: "Ah! So we CAN use professional development books! Good. :D"

Of course, all books count Evonne as long as it is a book! :D

message 5: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Best of luck in the coming year!

message 6: by Cathleen (new)

Cathleen Sarti As suspected - it is much easier to fulfill the fun-reading part of the challenge :)

My two fun books are already read: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... and https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3... - both mysteries, a genre which I just recently got back to. And the next fantasy book is already started...

But the professional book! I've started a few, and then had to give one back to the library, so I continued reading this one, and in the end, none of them is yet completely finished...

message 7: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) CathleenSarti wrote: "As suspected - it is much easier to fulfill the fun-reading part of the challenge :)
:..."

Lol, definitely! Haven't started mine yet....
I intend to use the non fiction challenge to help reach my goal of reading 1 workrelated book a month, but listed another, fun, non fiction book instead....

message 8: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Hoping your first month was a success! Congratulations on your first six books!

message 9: by Cathleen (new)

Cathleen Sarti Thanks!
Fun-reading was a success! And just yesterday (a few days late) I did finish a professional book...

message 10: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) CathleenSarti wrote: "Thanks!
Fun-reading was a success! And just yesterday (a few days late) I did finish a professional book..."

Same here. Doing much better on my fun reads than professional reads...

message 11: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Hoping March is a great month for you.

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 13: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May! You are doing great keep it up!