Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Grace Risata
This topic is about Grace Risata
Book Cover Help > Book Cover needs updating please...

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grace (new)

Grace Risata | 4 comments I have a new book cover for my book on Amazon and I would like for it to be updated on Goodreads. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

ASIN: B01N7SLZER

Ungranted Wishes by Grace Risata

message 2: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Alternate Cover Edition added here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Do you have an ISBN for the ebook format?

See how to set up a default edition here.

message 3: by Grace (new)

Grace Risata | 4 comments The book only comes in an ebook format and not a paperback. Can I make the new cover be the only version of the book that's available so the old cover goes away? I'm sorry, but I've never had to do this before since I've never changed covers. Thank you very much.

message 4: by Empress (last edited Dec 31, 2017 01:14PM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Grace wrote: "The book only comes in an ebook format and not a paperback."

ebooks also have ISBN numbers. Currently the only cover-versions are the two kindle editions (which have ASIN numbers). On Goodreads we differenciate between an ebook (ISBN) and kindle (ASIN).

Grace wrote: "Can I make the new cover be the only version of the book that's available so the old cover goes away?"

Unfortunately no. We are a cataloguing website and as such we preserve data about all editions even if they are no longer being published. That is why when a book has it's cover updated we consider that a new edition and add it to the system as such (the same way it would be done with a physical book) This way people can shelve the edition they actually own. See here .

What you can do is set the new edition as default (see link in previous message).

Let me know if you have any further questions.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43545 comments Mod
Ellie [The Empress] wrote: "Do you have an ISBN for the ebook format?"

It has Amazon listed as the publisher, so it seems likely there is only a Kindle edition. Merge pending.

message 6: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) It's what I thought but I wanted to confirm before deleting. Thanks for taking over.