Shut Up & Read discussion

Nineteen Cuts
This topic is about Nineteen Cuts
Past-Read It & Reap Books > {Read It & Reap 825} Nineteen Cuts by Ringo Gene Hayden

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tana (last edited Jan 11, 2018 06:41PM) (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 3489 comments Mod
What is Read It & Reap?
Our Read It & Reap program is designed with authors in mind. Our goal is to help indie and self-published authors promote their books. If you are signing up to review Please Remember you have 3 weeks to read and review and post the links to your review on this page! For more information about RI&R and our Rules & Requirements click here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7...

Title: Nineteen Cuts
Author: Ringo Gene Hayden
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal
Formats Available: Pdf
Page # 418
Review Due Date: January 21, 2018

Book Description:

Blank verse poetry meets gothic teenage angst driven fantasy in Nineteen Cuts. Written from the point-of-view of the story's heroine, Thorn, the book's romanticized, histrionic descriptions and insights put the reader smack dab inside the mind of a fatalistic nineteen-year-old girl...one who isn't quite a "girl" anymore. Her story is symbolic and universally relevant in that we must all come to an impasse - a "death of SELF" - in order to find out what it means to truly live.

Snippet from the book:

"My name is Thorn and I was dead once. My mind, my heart, and my spirit were as lifeless as a pond of bleach. So I carved into my slender wrists with a double-edged blade. Nineteen cuts in all, representing nineteen soul-destroying years I should have never been forced to endure. But I am proof that not even death can stop the bleeding.

I am very dead — purging every last drop of crimson fluid from my veins has that effect — but I am also still very alive. I'm just not...human anymore.

Suicide wasn't the end. It was just the little nap I took at the end of a shitty life. I got the luxury of waking up again. And that's when the fun began. The Freak Show. I was purged of the romantic delusion that death would heal me, because the beautiful and perverted Brehnn are coming for me. The cruel beings will gift me a nightmare only a diseased mind could fathom. And if they ever catch me, after they've had their fun, I won't be the guest at their dinner table. I'll be the entrée."

Be one of the first 10 people to sign up below in order to receive a copy of this ebook to Read and Review!

Formats available: Pdf

All reviews should be completed and posted within 3 weeks .

It would be appreciated if you could post your reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.

Review Due Date: January 21, 2018

Leave us your Name and email address.

Reviewers

1. Annika - laurynannika@gmail.com
2. Rett - loretta.2009@live.com.au
3. Cassandra - dragonballzfan4ever@gmail.com

annika parker ∞ alparkereads (alparkereads) | 1 comments Annika Reyes
laurynannika@gmail.com

message 3: by Tana (new)

Annika Lauryn wrote: "Annika Reyes
laurynannika@gmail.com"

Annika, I have sent you an email

Rett Tyler | 27 comments Rett
loretta.2009@live.com.au
Thanks
x

message 5: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 7 comments dragonballzfan4ever@gmail.com

message 6: by Tana (new)

sent emails to Rett and Cassandra.

Rett Tyler | 27 comments Hi, below are my review links on Amazon and goodreads. I just wanted to say I loved this book. Thanks for the opportunity to read it.
https://www.amazon.com.au/Nineteen-Cu...

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Kind regards
Loretta

message 8: by Tana (new)

thank you Rett

Rett Tyler | 27 comments Tana wrote: "thank you Rett"

Looking forward to book 2 Tana, tell the author I will be looking out for it to review. x