YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > The List By Patricia Forde - Starting January 15th 2018

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments In the city of Ark, speech is constrained to five hundred sanctioned words. Speak outside the approved lexicon and face banishment. The exceptions are the Wordsmith and his apprentice Letta, the keepers and archivists of all language in their post-apocalyptic, neo-medieval world.

On the death of her master, Letta is suddenly promoted to Wordsmith, charged with collecting and saving words. But when she uncovers a sinister plan to suppress language and rob Ark’s citizens of their power of speech, she realizes that it’s up to her to save not only words, but culture itself.

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10978 comments Ch1-do we ever get to know why they are so strict about words? My worst nightmare...

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10978 comments Up to ch6. The restriction of words feels criminal, and I really hope people will support her in her actions to aid Marlo.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10978 comments Up to ch9. I sense things are not what they seem...hope she gets through this!

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10978 comments Up to ch23-curious to know more about how they got to this point. Hope Letta can convince Noa of her trustworthiness.

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10978 comments Finished-in some ways a familiar mish-mash but I really enjoyed the concept of words and people fighting to preserve their identity through their use of language.

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10978 comments Michelle - if you still fancy reading this, I'll happily respond to your thoughts as you read.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 579 comments Oh no! I totally thought this buddy read wasn't starting till next week! Sorry, I still am gonna read it as soon as I can :D.

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 579 comments Chapters 1-5
(view spoiler)

Chapter 6
(view spoiler)

Chapter 7
(view spoiler)

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 579 comments Karen wrote: "Up to ch23-curious to know more about how they got to this point. Hope Letta can convince Noa of her trustworthiness."

Were you confused a little bit? Cause I was xD.

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 579 comments Karen wrote: "Finished-in some ways a familiar mish-mash but I really enjoyed the concept of words and people fighting to preserve their identity through their use of language."

Yes, I love the message it sends!