2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2017 > What Happiness!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (last edited Dec 31, 2017 05:08AM) (new)

Mary (marysreading) | 8 comments Just finished my 2017 50 Book challenge. It feels great! I have to admit that I blasted through (skimmed or completed in part) many books, but I feel proud of myself because I refused to just blow off the goal or to make excuses for myself. I just powered through.

Great effects: Not only making a goal, which is "self-empowering," although I hate that term, but also I rekindled my love of reading, which was the great joy of my life right up until the time that the internet stole my heart. Returning to this first love is like finding one's oldest, best, and softest jeans are still wearable, proudly bearing all the tears and worn sports of time. In the process of his rekindled courtship, I increased my reading speed by several powers.
I never really focused on this before in my life, so that adding this skill is a great one for my daily arsenal, in which consumption of vast amounts of reading material is required. Thus I have increased both knowledge and competence and capacity to sustain myself through to the end of a project: highly satisfying all around.

I enjoyed writing reviews of each book read, if for no one's edification but my own. Reading with a view toward what I would say when finished kept me alert and honed in on the salient points of the material.

As a delightful bonus, I am in the middle of two books that, because I have met my goal, I can now relax and savor. Time for that extra cup of coffee.

The new year holds great promise.

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Sounds amazing Mary! Congratulations on all your accomplishments! And enjoy your bonus ;-)

Wishing you the best of luck with your goal for 2018 & a very happy reading/new year!!