What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. A children book about a boy who loves practical jokes which i read in the late 90's

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Poom (new)

Poom Buarapha | 2 comments Hi everybody. I am trying to figure out the name of the book i read long time ago when i was really young. I could only remember the story of one chapter of the book, i hope it will not be too hard.

Its a book for children. The main character is a boy who loves to play practical jokes.

In this particular chapter, he made a prank phone call to one of his classmates who was really poor. The MC tricked the poor guy into believing that he was participating in a radio game show, which he could win a lot of fortune from it.
The MC succeeded in doing the prank phone call. The poor guy really belived that he won about 40 bucks from the game show.

However, the turn of the event was that, the MC eventually found out that the poor guy has only his grandmother with him, no parents. The MC then felt really sorry for what he did to his classmate.

So, he participated in the real radio game show and won about 40 bucks in cash, then give the money to that poor classmate he just tricked.

Thats the end of the chapter. Sorry for my bad English. Thanks in advance for your help.

BTW, i think that there was a cartoon adaptation of the book as well. It was published in late 90's to early 2000 , i think.

message 2: by Poom (new)

Poom Buarapha | 2 comments Hi every one. Thank you for reading this post. I finally found the name of the book.

It was a book written by an Australian writer Andy Griffiths. The book name is "Just Tricking!".

message 3: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5206 comments Glad you found your book! Just Tricking! for the link.