YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Fallen (Fallen, #1)
This topic is about Fallen
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Fallen (Fallen #1) by Lauren Kate - Restarting June 6th 2020

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83364 comments Mod

What if the person you were meant to be with could never be yours?

17-year-old Lucinda falls in love with a gorgeous, intelligent boy, Daniel, at her new school, the grim, foreboding Sword & Cross . . . only to find out that Daniel is a fallen angel, and that they have spent lifetimes finding and losing one another as good & evil forces plot to keep them apart.

Get ready to fall . . .

Fallen (Fallen #1) by Lauren Kate will be our 4th GBR for January 2018.

Please read at your own pace, and hide any spoilers ☺ You are welcome to join at any time during the month ☺

Happy Reading Everybody!

Pre-Reading Questions -

Anybody got any thoughts on this one before we start?

Has anyone read anything similar to this before?

Anybody read anything else by this author previously?

Midnights_Darling -The Emo Kittie (theemokittie) Sarah wrote: "Pre-Reading Questions -

Anybody got any thoughts on this one before we start?

Anybody read anything else by this author previously?"

White Wings by Aimee Jessica Russ is a very similar read to 'Fallen' - which I have also read. I love the first book of Fallen but I feel the rest of the series falls. I prefer the much lesser known 'white wings'.

message 5: by Yarie ☆ (new)

Yarie ☆ | 5 comments I'm going to start now

Priestess Riel Valdez (earlriel) | 7 comments Anybody got any thoughts on this one before we start?

Anybody read anything else by this author previously?"

The first thought I had before reading this is the cover is awesome hahaha.

Let see. Angelfire and Coutney Allison Moulton is quite similar. Ellie always die and revived and Will is her guardian. I love them too.

Nope. I hadn't read her other books yet.

message 7: by Ash (new) - added it

Ash Louise | 8 comments All I'll say is I absolutely loved it 😊

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting June 6th 2020. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 9: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia (croft) Sarah wrote: "*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************..."

oh ok well good to know.
i will be reading it for while

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5679 comments I'm up to Chapter 5.

(view spoiler)

Brinley | 3386 comments Up to chapter 2

(view spoiler)

Brinley | 3386 comments Up to Chapter 11

(view spoiler)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5679 comments Brinley wrote: "Up to Chapter 11

I get the feeling that all the students at this school may be fallen angels, hence the paper listing the dates they arrived, and explaining why several new students would join mi..."

Yes. I never like love triangles.

Brinley | 3386 comments Up to Page 298

(view spoiler)

Brinley | 3386 comments ☆☆Hannah☆☆ wrote: "Brinley wrote: "Up to Chapter 11

(view spoiler)

Brinley | 3386 comments Finished

(view spoiler)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5679 comments I'm up to Chapter 10.

(view spoiler)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5679 comments Brinley wrote: "Up to Page 298

[spoilers removed]"

I had forgotten how long everything took.

Brinley | 3386 comments ☆☆Hannah☆☆ wrote: "I'm up to Chapter 10.

(view spoiler)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5679 comments I'm up to Chapter 15.

(view spoiler)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5679 comments I'm finished.

(view spoiler)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5679 comments Brinley wrote: "Finished

[spoilers removed]"

I had forgotten about all the extra stuff. This really could have been a shorter book.

Brinley | 3386 comments ☆☆Hannah☆☆ wrote: "Brinley wrote: "Finished

[spoilers removed]"

I had forgotten about all the extra stuff. This really could have been a shorter book."

Yah, that was my main problem with it. It took forever to get moving, and then it was over in like forty pages. I really wish some of the pining over Daniel could've been cut