YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Beauty Queens
This topic is about Beauty Queens
GROUP BUDDY READ > Beauty Queens by Libba Bray - GBR - Starting January 1st 2017

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82889 comments Mod

When a plane crash strands thirteen teen beauty contestants on a mysterious island, they struggle to survive, to get along with one another, to combat the island's other diabolical occupants, and to learn their dance numbers in case they are rescued in time for the competition.

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray will be our 1st GBR for January 2018.

Please read at your own pace, and hide any spoilers ☺ You are welcome to join at any time during the month ☺

Happy Reading Everybody!

Pre-Reading Questions -

Anybody got any thoughts on this one before we start?

Has anyone read anything similar to this before?

Anybody read anything else by this author previously?

Cinthia | 5702 comments Excited to join this. I’ve been eyeing for a long time.

Karen Barber | 10004 comments Didn’t know anything about this, and the topic is something I’d normally run a mile from (sorry). It sounds darkly humorous, so we’ll see.

Karen Barber | 10004 comments Opening chapter suggests dark humour-at least, I assume the writer is not being serious.

Karen Barber | 10004 comments Up to ch5. Can’t take these wholly seriously. (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10004 comments Up to ch10. (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5702 comments I’m not sure I like them all footnotes.

Karen Barber | 10004 comments Up to ch16. The footnotes are easy to ignore (they certainly don’t add much). Very over-the-top style, but it’s making its point.

Karen Barber | 10004 comments (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10004 comments Up to ch29. Really hope the girls show what they’re made of now.

Karen Barber | 10004 comments Finished-a riot of oddness. Not necessarily one I’d recommend, but entertaining enough.

Cinthia | 5702 comments Ch. 1- 3 (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5702 comments Karen wrote: "Opening chapter suggests dark humour-at least, I assume the writer is not being serious."

it seemed to me that the writer is pretty serious throughout this story. (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5702 comments Ch. 4-6 (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5702 comments Karen wrote: "Up to ch5. Can’t take these wholly seriously. [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5702 comments Ch. 7-9 (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5702 comments Up to chapter 19. (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5702 comments Up to chapter 33 (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5702 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5702 comments 3 stars Review: (view spoiler)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2431 comments ¼: (view spoiler)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2431 comments 2/4: (view spoiler)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2431 comments ¾: (view spoiler)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2431 comments Finished: (view spoiler)