Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > linking my new cover to my book's amazon page

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bruno (new)

Bruno Baba | 5 comments Hi,
I recently added a new cover for my book, but it doesn't show the the eBook when you click on it's Amazon button. It's probably cause I left the Asin empty, but that's what I was told to do. I also attached a note to it yesterday with the Asin. Could you please help? here is the link
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
Thank you

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23173 comments Adding a note to the edit page only works if a librarian is working on your book. Also, librarians cannot get links to work to booksellers, as every member of GR decides what links they want to use.

I've added the ACE terminology to your new edition so that members can see what ASIN it is which helps them find it on Amazon. Members are very aware of how to use GR & Amazon, and this is long standing GR practice. GR is a book cataloguing site, we don't actually sell books, just direct people to where they can buy them.

Please don't call Amazon editions ebooks, they are called kindle editions; ebooks implies that they are available on all the other bookseller sites. If it is available elsewhere we need to add an ebook edition.

Also your link goes to Harry Potter.

message 3: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13661 comments Sandra wrote: "Also your link goes to Harry Potter."

Bruno, this is because you copied the link from another comment. The link will be truncated then.

message 4: by Bruno (new)

Bruno Baba | 5 comments Got it Sandra thanks.can I just add the Asin to my new cover though? how can I link it myself?

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23173 comments Definitely not, that is against policy and could result in you losing author privileges.

As I said the ACE comment is sufficient for members to find your book on amazon. They will simply hover over the covers till the ASIN pops up and then click through on that. I personally do this all the time so I know it works.

message 6: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13661 comments Bruno wrote: "Got it Sandra thanks.can I just add the Asin to my new cover though? how can I link it myself?"

Sandra already added the librarian note: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 7: by Bruno (new)

Bruno Baba | 5 comments Ok thank you!