Read Scotland 2018 discussion

Generel Information > Challenge Details

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellen (last edited Dec 31, 2017 04:40AM) (new)

Ellen Forkin (ellen_forkin) | 350 comments Mod
Read and review Scottish books then share your thoughts...
All your books must be set in Scotland, about Scotland or written by a Scot (by birth or immigration). Any genre - from historical fiction, to sci-fi, to autobiography - any Scottish literature book.

Challenge runs January 1 to December 31, 2018

Pick a level you want to sign up for and leave a comment in the appropriate folder telling us you are signing on at that level. Let us know what your reading, your thoughts about the book, what you recommend and how your doing at achieving your goal. Add your books to our bookshelf!

Join in our group discussions as we choose and read books together. Books recommendations are always welcome.

You can choose to join in everything or pick and choose what suits you best. Enjoy!

message 2: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 87 comments Flesh House by Stuart MacBride. This is the 4th in the Inspector Logan series and my 4th. Currently reading.

message 3: by John (new)

John R What a promising start; 23 members in the group already, and 2018 is barely 23 hours old (here in Scotland).

message 4: by Ellen (new)

John wrote: "What a promising start; 23 members in the group already, and 2018 is barely 23 hours old (here in Scotland)."

A good start to (hopefully) a good year :)

message 5: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) | 7 comments I'm going to start with the small challenge, but I'm hoping I can get some reading in over the summer break.

message 6: by Keith (CHINNY) (last edited Mar 03, 2018 02:30AM) (new)

Keith (CHINNY) Chinn | 10 comments Hi. I just joined I live in Scotland but have not read many books by Scottish authors, I like current books and books on Dragons, such as Dragon. One book I recently read was good ARCHIE WILSON & The Beasts of Loch Ness (Volume 1) by Mark A. Cooper . I have read a couple of books on the Loch Ness Monster. The Water Horse was also good but the movie sucked. Archie was a good book it also had Rob Roy Macgregor in it.

message 7: by Ellen (new)

Keith (CHINNY) wrote: "Hi. I just joined I live in Scotland but have not read many books by Scottish authors, I like current books and books on Dragons, such as Dragon. One book I recently read was good [bookcover:ARCHIE..."

Hi Keith, I love a bit of mythology too - never read about the Loch Ness Monster though! Enjoy the group, hope you find some new reads :)

message 8: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 87 comments Rebus is tops. There is just no getting him down. The more obstacles thrown in his path the more bound and determined he becomes. I must add the author's love of Scotland especially Aberdeen comes through in Rebus. My review for The Black Book by Ian Rankin: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 9: by Janet (new)

Janet Clarkson | 6 comments Keith (CHINNY) wrote: "Hi. I just joined I live in Scotland but have not read many books by Scottish authors, I like current books and books on Dragons, such as Dragon. One book I recently read was good [bookcover:ARCHIE..."

Hi Chinny. I have read that book, I loved it I hope they write another and make it a series. I loved how the author brought Rob Roy MaGregor into it and made him a hero. The Loch Ness monster is the best explanation of why not many have seen him.
I hope to share more books with you.
Janet