Booktastic Bookaholics discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2018 Archives > January 2018 Wrap Up

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 4512 comments Mod
Have you read a really amazing book this month? Have you read several really amazing books this month? Tell us what you have read. What did you like about them? Or not like about them? Would you recommend them? If so, why? If not, why? Did you love the characters? Do you have a particular ship that you love and are hoping will be continued through the series/trilogy? Did you enjoy the writing style? Have you read any other books by this author.

Tell us all what you thought of the book that you decided to read and finish. Tell us what you rated it. What you liked. What you didn't like. Tell us everything that you want to. Please remember to hide your spoilers.

message 2: by Leela (new)

Leela | 1500 comments Mod
So far I finished Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1 No Normal by G. Willow Wilson :1/1/18 and Carry On by Rainbow Rowell :1/4/18!

message 3: by Andrea (new)

I'm really working right now on getting through Carry On. It's a book I've been meaning to read since the day it came out.

message 4: by Leela (new)

Andrea wrote: "I'm really working right now on getting through Carry On. It's a book I've been meaning to read since the day it came out."

I know what you mean! I have been meaning to read it as well. So I'm glad to have gotten it off my tbr.

message 5: by Leela (new)

Finished Renegades (Renegades, #1) by Marissa Meyer : 1/7/18.

message 6: by Andrea (new)

I finished Carry On the other day but forgot to post it.

message 7: by Leela (new)

Also finished Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard : 1/8/18.

message 8: by Andrea (new)

Damn and didn't you just start that two days ago?

message 9: by Leela (new)

Andrea wrote: "Damn and didn't you just start that two days ago?"

It's only 412 pages. pretty much a 4 hour-ish read for me if I just sit and read it. Which I did so I could get rid of it. XD But yes I read it in two days and thank god I didn't have to read it for longer. I did not like it.

message 10: by Leela (new)

Just finished The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3) by Rick Riordan . That makes book 5 for this month. And now I'm sleepy.

message 11: by Andrea (new)

I really need to get on the Percy Jackson train and finish the first series.

message 12: by Leela (new)

Andrea wrote: "I really need to get on the Percy Jackson train and finish the first series."

I love everything Rick Riordan writes! I wanna finish this series so I can start the Apollo series!

message 13: by Andrea (new)

I just haven't gotten to that point yet.

message 14: by Leela (new)

Finished Spelled (The Storymakers, #1) by Betsy Schow 1/14/18.

message 15: by Andrea (new)

I have finished Carry On by Rainbow Rowell , Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard , Who Was Alexander Hamilton? by Pam Pollack , Who Was Helen Keller? by Gare Thompson , Who Was Walt Disney? by Whitney Stewart , & Who Were the Brothers Grimm? by Avery Reed .

message 16: by Leela (new)

Finished Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor . That makes book 7 this month!

message 17: by Andrea (new)

Excellent

message 18: by Leela (new)

I know. I'm having a great reading month. :)

message 19: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Abell | 682 comments Leela wrote: "Finished Spelled (The Storymakers, #1) by Betsy Schow 1/14/18."

Did you like it?

message 20: by Leela (new)

R.J. wrote: "Leela wrote: "Finished Spelled (The Storymakers, #1) by Betsy Schow 1/14/18."

Did you like it?"

I did. It was nice. I wasn't in love with it. But I did like it. I might continue it if I can find the ebooks.

message 21: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Abell | 682 comments Leela wrote: "R.J. wrote: "Leela wrote: "Finished Spelled (The Storymakers, #1) by Betsy Schow 1/14/18."

Did you like it?"

I did. It was nice. I wasn't in love with it. But I did like it. I might continue it if I can find the..."

I don't want to read the second one because it's told from a diff pov

message 22: by Leela (new)

I finished Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman 1/18/18.

message 23: by Leela (new)

Finished Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2) by Amie Kaufman today. Now excuse me while I hibernate for the remaining hours before work.

message 24: by Leela (new)

Finished The House of Hades today.

message 25: by Leela (new)

I finished The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5) by Rick Riordan and The Iron Trial (Magisterium, #1) by Holly Black .

message 26: by Leela (new)

Finished The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black today!

message 27: by Farren (new)

Farren (mmmcookies) I'll just do my January wrap up all in one post:

1. The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #1) by Lemony Snicket 1/2 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
2. Six Months Later by Natalie D. Richards 1/6 ⭐⭐⭐
3. The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1) by L.J. Smith 1/8 ⭐⭐1/2 (previously a ⭐⭐)
4. The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #1) by Mary E. Pearson 1/11 ⭐⭐⭐
5. The Last One by Alexandra Oliva 1/12 ⭐⭐⭐1/2
6. Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia 1/16 ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (previously a ⭐⭐⭐)
7. Everless by Sara Holland 1/24 ⭐⭐⭐
8. Beautiful Creatures The Manga by Kami Garcia 1/24 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
9. A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis 1/25 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
10. The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #2) by Lemony Snicket 1/27 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
11. Little Monsters by Kara Thomas 1/30 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
12. Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire 1/31 ⭐⭐⭐
13. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling 1/31 ⭐⭐⭐

I am pretty happy with my reading month, since my average rating was a 3.5. I did start The Good Daughter (The Good Daughter #1) by Karin Slaughter and Ruined (Ruined, #1) by Paula Morris this month too, but haven't finished them yet because I'm having trouble getting into them. I'm happy I reread a couple books and ended up rating them higher this time, but I'm bummed that Everless and Every Heart a Doorway disappointed me so much because I was looking forward to them the most.

Leela, you read super fast. Wow. lol

I plan to read The Cruel Prince and Renegades next month so I'm curious what you guys rated them.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.