Booktastic Bookaholics discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2018 Archives > January 2018 Book Haul

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 4512 comments Mod
Did you have a birthday recently? Is it Valentine's Day or Easter or some other awesome holiday where we get gifts? Is it your anniversary be it just dating or married? Or have we recently had a gift exchange such as Secret Santa, Secret Cupid, or Secret Sister?

Did you go to the bookstore recently after you promised you would not go to the bookstore because you are on a book buying ban? We know you broke that book buying ban so tell us what you got? You know we won't judge you for those 10 books you just purchased because there was such an amazing sell that you couldn't pass up. Did you buy that book you've been eyeing for months but could never find the time to go buy?

Tell us the goodies that you've recently gotten. Whether you have purchased them for yourself or they have been sent to you.

We'd love to see what you got.

message 2: by Leela (new)

Leela | 1500 comments Mod
So far I have bought The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black

message 3: by Andrea (new)

I don't think I'm allowed to buy anything else after the 46 books I just bought last month during the boxing day sale.

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Okay so I finally got my order that I placed last month. I have already shared what books they are but I'll share them again.

So the first box I opened cost me $75 and lets face it after I did the math four books out of this box would have cost me $75 dollars easily because every book in this box was a hardback book. So if I had purchased all of these books at the bookstore they would have cost me easily before taxes... $336.78

The books that I got in that box were...

Ruined (Ruined, #1) by Amy Tintera Roar (Stormheart, #1) by Cora Carmack The Fate of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #3) by Erika Johansen Aerie (Magonia, #2) by Maria Dahvana Headley Lady Renegades (Rebel Belle, #3) by Rachel Hawkins Beheld (Kendra Chronicles, #4) by Alex Flinn Rules of the Game (Endgame, #3) by James Frey Like a River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #2) by Rae Carson Witch's Pyre (Worldwalker, #3) by Josephine Angelini Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1) by Jodi Picoult Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1) by Rosamund Hodge The Black Key (The Lone City, #3) by Amy Ewing Ghostly Echoes (Jackaby, #3) by William Ritter Starfall (Starflight, #2) by Melissa Landers Seeker (Riders, #2) by Veronica Rossi One Blood Ruby (Seven Black Diamonds, #2) by Melissa Marr Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Firebird, #2) by Claudia Gray

The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness -The surprise was that this one is a signed first edition...

So the second box I opened cost me $56 and lets face it after I did the math three hardback books out of this box would have cost me $55 dollars easily or five paperback books out of this box would have cost me $53 easily... So if I had purchased all of these books at the bookstore they would have cost me easily before taxes... $405.69

I received 15 hardback books in this order and 13 paperback books also.

The books that I got in that box were...

Hardbacks

Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed Beastly Bones (Jackaby, #2) by William Ritter Storm of Lightning (Michael Vey, #5) by Richard Paul Evans The Swan Riders (Prisoners of Peace, #2) by Erin Bow Circle of Jinn (Becoming Jinn, #2) by Lori Goldstein Firewalker (Worldwalker, #2) by Josephine Angelini Mortal Danger (Immortal Game, #1) by Ann Aguirre Riders (Riders, #1) by Veronica Rossi Golden (Heart of Dread, #3) by Melissa de la Cruz Map of Fates (The Conspiracy of Us, #2) by Maggie Hall The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight, #1) by Melissa Grey The Shadow Hour (The Girl at Midnight, #2) by Melissa Grey The Rising (Darkness Rising, #3) by Kelley Armstrong The New Order (The Young World, #2) by Chris Weitz Afterlife (Evernight, #4) by Claudia Gray

Paperbacks

Cinderella's Shoes (Cinderella's Dress, #2) by Shonna Slayton A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn Balthazar (Evernight, #5) by Claudia Gray Fall of Hades (Michael Vey, #6) by Richard Paul Evans Starflight (Starflight, #1) by Melissa Landers Lost in Time (Blue Bloods, #6) by Melissa de la Cruz Mirrored (Kendra Chronicles, #3) by Alex Flinn Inland by Kat Rosenfield The Orphan Queen (The Orphan Queen, #1) by Jodi Meadows Cloaked by Alex Flinn Seven Black Diamonds (Seven Black Diamonds, #1) by Melissa Marr Their Fractured Light (Starbound, #3) by Amie Kaufman The Invisible (Brokenhearted, #2) by Amelia Kahaney

So $742.47 in books cost me $132. I don't think I could have done that well anywhere else. The savings alone ($611) is so worth the fact that I purchased 46 books.

message 5: by Leela (new)

I just bought 3 ebooks from amazon. I bought Cloaked in Shadow (The Dragori, #1) by Ben Alderson , Sabriel (Abhorsen, #1) by Garth Nix , The Black Witch (The Black Witch Chronicles, #1) by Laurie Forest , Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2) by Amie Kaufman and Because You Love to Hate Me 13 Tales of Villainy by Ameriie .

Good haul, Andrea, by the way! I have been buying fewer physical copies and buying some ebooks. I try not to buy anything that's over $4. So all of these books were about $2.99-.99. I read my ebooks almost exclusively at work or when I'm in bed or out and can't have a physical book with me.

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Oh please let me know how Sabriel is. I've been interested in it.

message 7: by Leela (new)

It will be a reread for me since I read it back in high school. I loved it then. I wonder how I'll like it almost 10 years later.

message 8: by Andrea (new)

I've been interested in the books but I've never really looked at them.

message 9: by Leela (new)

I also bought The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray , These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman , Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara Raasch and The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1) by Megan Whalen Turner .

message 10: by Andrea (new)

I own three of those books that you just got. The first three actually I've read Snow Like Ashes and loved it. I haven't read The Diviners yet or These Broken Stars. I really want to get to those this year.

I recently purchased however The School For Good and Evil The Ever Never Handbook by Soman Chainani & The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4) by Cinda Williams Chima

message 11: by Leela (new)

Also bought Prince of Flames (The Dragori #0) by Ben Alderson , Secondborn (Secondborn #1) by Amy A. Bartol , The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black , The Gender Game (The Gender Game, #1) by Bella Forrest , The Paper Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #1) by Charlie N. Holmberg , The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2) by Emily R. King , The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1) by Emily R. King , Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1) by Elise Kova , Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller , Seven Black Diamonds (Seven Black Diamonds, #1) by Melissa Marr , The Thousandth Floor (The Thousandth Floor, #1) by Katharine McGee , Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire , Lifeblood (Everlife, #2) by Gena Showalter , Reboot (Reboot, #1) by Amy Tintera , Partials (Partials Sequence, #1) by Dan Wells . All ebooks.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.