Adaptation: Book VS Film discussion

Always Adapted Authors > Gillian Flynn

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kerry (last edited Dec 30, 2017 09:43PM) (new)

Kerry Casey (caseykerry) | 249 comments Well it seems like we will be seeing a LOT more works to come from Gillian Flynn, Author of Thriller / Mystery / Crime/ Psychological Thriller Fiction novels. (And therefore lots of juice Thrillers to come out in the visual film medium. )
From what she has done so far, seems Flynn will be a highly adapted author.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn GONE GIRL. (MOVIE) HUGE HIT 2014 starring Ben Affleck, Rosamund Pike, Neil Patrick Harris and produced by Reese Whiterspoon.

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn DARK PLACES. (MOVIE) 2015. Slightly more Indie, starring Charlize Theron.

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn SHARP OBJECTS. (TV SERIES) 2018 Anticipated HBO Series starring Amy Adams and Patricia Clarkson.

message 2: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 61 comments Gone girl was awesome. Very close to the book. I see sharp objects will be on showtime which is a channel I dont have. Hopefully netflix will pick it up or I'll get it on DVD

message 3: by Leslie (last edited Dec 31, 2017 01:31PM) (new)

Leslie Anyone planning on watching Sharp Objects on HBO? Comes out in June -- I just recently finished the book. Hope it's good! (interesting they made it into a mini-series instead of just a movie.)

What do you think of the casting? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2649356/?...

message 4: by Kerry (last edited Dec 31, 2017 07:41PM) (new)

Kerry Casey (caseykerry) | 249 comments there is ONLY ONE series and its the hbo one with amy adams as far as i can see. but yeah looks decent.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jaye22) | 5 comments Firstly Happy New Year Everyone- I have Gone Girl on my list of books to read, think I will read the book first before watching the movie. Thanks for the reviews.

message 6: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Casey (caseykerry) | 249 comments a happy new year to you too Jennifer! Cant believe its been years of GR friendship now :)