2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Stephanie's "Monstrous" 30!

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments

Before kids I could read 150+ books a year, now 10 if I'm lucky πŸ˜’πŸ˜­! No more! I'm challenging myself to 30 BOOKS! I know that seems like nothing, but to me it definitely going to be a challenge. Guys, this is kind of a big deal for me, so wish me luck πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜!!

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Stephanie wrote: "

Before kids I could read 150+ books a year, now 10 if I'm lucky πŸ˜’πŸ˜­! No more! I'm challenging myself to 30 BOOKS! I know that seems like nothing, but to me it definitely going to be a challenge. Guys, this is kind of a big deal for me, so wish me luck πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜!!."

Hi Stephanie, I don't have kids but I'd never be able to read 150 books. I think 30 is a very nice goal. I'll be rooting for you!

Wishing you the best of luck with your challenge & a very happy reading/new year!!

message 3: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Good Luck with your goal in 2018!

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Thanks girls 😘!

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 55 comments Good luck with your goal!

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Books 1 of 30

The Child Finder by Rene Denfeld

The Child Finder by Rene Denfeld
Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Pages 288

I was so intrigued by Naomi, The Child Finder! I think I could have read about her for hours. Her approach to the missing kids cases, her need to search, and her sudden fears to run.

And the writing! I can't. Compulsive reading at its finest. The writing was so extremely beautiful. It had this almost haunting effect that I know will not soon be forgotten.

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 2 of 30

The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter

The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter
Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Pages 528

Holy Crap!

Karin Slaughter knows how to get your attention & freaking keep it! The beginning of the book for probably go down in history for me as the most effed up preface ever. Horror. Gore. Desperation. And pure will to survive.

I wasn't expecting the direction the book took, but I enjoyed every damn twist & turn. I kept thinking I knew the facts, but in the end I was shocked at how it all unfolded. And that folks is what makes for a damn good thriller & I can't wait to read more of this author's work!

message 8: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Have it on my TBR list. Sounds really awesome!

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Susy wrote: "Have it on my TBR list. Sounds really awesome!"

I hope you enjoy!

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 3 of 30

The Ghostwriter by Alessandra Torre

The Ghostwriter by Alessandra Torre
Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Pages 318

This was so not what I was expecting! My usual reads from Alessandra Torre are more on the H.O.T. side & The Ghostwriter is definitely not that. It was raw & heartbreaking with no chance of an happily-ever-after, making it feel so much more real. And with that comes the tears, folks 😒πŸ˜ͺ!
Alessandra did amazing delivering the truth bit by bit, keeping me guessing til the very end. Page after page I was fascinated by the characters & their truth that eventually set them free.

message 11: by Stephanie (last edited May 30, 2018 09:56AM) (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 4 of 30

The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black

The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black
Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Pages 384

I was a tad bit nervous going into this one. For one, it has tons of raving reviews and we all know sometimes with too much hype come the worse kinda disappointment. Second, every faerie book I've read about a prince and a teenage girl is gushing over with the sap and the feels. -- So not what I wanted to read. Lucky for me, The Cruel Prince was none of those things! It was clever and a whole lot badass. I think what I enjoyed the most was the strategies, the schemes within schemes that played out. I liked that Jude was cunning and ruthless. She knew what needed to be done and wasn't afraid to make it happen no matter the cost. My only disappointment is having to wait until NEXT year (it's only January πŸ˜―πŸ˜’) for the second book!

message 12: by Stephanie (last edited Jan 28, 2018 06:20PM) (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 5 of 30

The Reunion by Samantha Hayes

The Reunion by Samantha Hayes
Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Pages 410

Thank You, NetGalley 😘

The Reunion is the definition of a gripping mystery. From the very beginning my detective hat went on and everyone became a suspect. As the story unfolds the author does an amazing job of instilling just enough trust or mistrust into each character that it was hard to clear them from that list. Well kept secrets, lies and the truth creepily humming in the background made for compulsive reading at its finest! I couldn't get to the end fast enough and when I did I was left in complete and utter shock! Well written and extremely engrossing, its a definite must read for all mystery lovers.

message 13: by Stephanie (last edited Jan 28, 2018 06:21PM) (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 6 of 30

Frenched by Melanie Harlow

Frenched (Frenched, #1) by Melanie Harlow
Stars 🌟🌟🌟
Pages 336

This was an BR with my favorite BR girls, Balgica & Kate ❀ !! This was a fun and sweet romance, who wouldn't want to fall in love in Paris.

message 14: by Stephanie (last edited May 30, 2018 09:57AM) (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 7 of 30

The Risk (Mindfuck #1)by S.T. Abby

The Risk (Mindf*ck, #1) by S.T. Abby
Stars 🌟🌟🌟
Pages 107

Hmm. Interesting. A murderer and a FBI agent! Yeah shit will definitely be hitting the fan. Not quite the mindf*ck I'm used to, but we will see.

message 15: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 8 of 30

Ryan's Bed by Tijan

Ryan's Bed by Tijan
Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Pages 274

Huge fan of Tijan. I was stupidly excited for this book! She has this amazing gift of weaving all kinds of drama with just the right amount of angst that the pages literally turn by themselves!

Ryan's Bed was all that and so much more.

"My face: dark eyes, golden blonde hair, heart-shaped chin.
My body: slender arms, long legs, and petite frame.
My heart: beautiful, broken, bleeding.
All of it on the bathroom floor in a bloodied pile."

It was heartbreaking and raw.

My face. My body. My heartβ€”it all went with her, because she was me.
My twin sister killed herself on June twenty-ninth.
We would’ve been eighteen the next day.

It was also beautiful and so very real. Tijan once again proved why I love her writing. She torn me down and built me up all in the matter of hours.

message 16: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Look at you go! Keep up the page turning!!!!!!

message 17: by Stephanie (last edited May 30, 2018 09:59AM) (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 9 of 30

Sidetracked (Mindfuck #2) by S.T. Abby

Sidetracked (Mindf*ck, #2) by S.T. Abby
Stars 🌟🌟🌟
Pages 98

Holy Cliffhanger! This grabbed enough of my attention that I'll continue with the next book for now.

message 18: by Stephanie (last edited May 30, 2018 10:00AM) (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 10 of 30

Scarlet Angel (Mindfuck #3 ) by S.T. Abby

Scarlet Angel (Mindf*ck, #3) by S.T. Abby
Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Pages 118

"There’s no revenge; there are no deaths staining my hands. I’m just a girl in love with a man who’s destined to hate me when he learns the truth."

That pretty much sums it up. It going to happen, he will find out. My question: What's he going to do? Choose her? Choose his job? It's killing me, I need to know.

message 19: by Stephanie (last edited May 30, 2018 10:00AM) (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 11 of 30

All the Lies (Mindfuck #4 )by S.T. Abby

All the Lies (Mindf*ck, #4) by S.T. Abby
Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Pages 128

Wow! This is getting so good. I'm all in my feels right now. Gimme book 5 now!

message 20: by Stephanie (last edited May 30, 2018 10:01AM) (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 12 of 30

Paint It All Red (Mindfuck #5 )by S.T. Abby

Paint It All Red (Mindf*ck, #5) by S.T. Abby
Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Pages 176

This series was amazing!! The covers do not do this series justice at all. They come off as erotica, but while there was some steamy scenes its so much more than that. It was thrilling and complex. And it was revenge, pure REVENGE baby! And I loved every minute of it.

message 21: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments You are doing great! Hoping March is a great month for you. Buddy read soon????

message 22: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Blagica wrote: "You are doing great! Hoping March is a great month for you. Buddy read soon????"

Yass!!

message 23: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Blagica wrote: "You are doing great! Hoping March is a great month for you. Buddy read soon????"

Are you planning on reading Little Liar by Clare Boyd ??

message 24: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments I am!

message 25: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Blagica wrote: "I am!"

Its Read With Me, BOTM!!! You should join me! I read a couple of pages last night and I got a good feeling! πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

message 26: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 13 of 30

The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn

The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn

Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Pages 448

Surprisingly, this was a really good read. I had lots of doubts. The pacing, the writing and Anna. Glad I stuck with it because the ending was great and I never evwn seen it coming!

message 27: by Stephanie (last edited Mar 19, 2018 09:16AM) (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 14 of 30

The Wife by Alafair Burke

The Wife by Alafair Burke
Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Pages 352

If I did not have to take a unwanted reading break from this I'm positive I would have read this in like 2 hours. Definitely compulsive reading material. I kept second guessing myself the whole entire time. And the ending, it was the perfect "ah ha" moment πŸ€”πŸ˜Œ! I love when the wool gets pulled over my eyes!

message 28: by Lisa (new)

Lisa GrΓΈnsund (gullita) | 3273 comments I don't think anyone would ever say that a goal of 30 books is "nothing" ;) You're doing fantastic Stephanie! Keep it up.

I hope the remainder of 2018 brings a lot of great books your way :)

message 29: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Lisa wrote: "I don't think anyone would ever say that a goal of 30 books is "nothing" ;) You're doing fantastic Stephanie! Keep it up.

I hope the remainder of 2018 brings a lot of great books your way :)"

Thanks so much, Lisa!

message 30: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 15 of 30

The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks

The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks
Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Pages 353

I BRed this with a very good reading buddy and what a treat it was! This was not like anything I expected. There were a few times that I had to shake the wwhaatt?! outta my head. I had to backpedal and think about what I was really reading and what was really happening. And I loved it.

message 31: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 16 of 30

Little Liar by Clare Boyd

Little Liar by Clare Boyd
Stars 🌟🌟
Pages 115 of 412

DNF. I tried. 3 weeks of my life! I gave it everything I had and I just could not get into this story. Nothing against the writing because it was good, just simply wasn't my story to love.

Thank You, NetGalley 😘 For providing a copy in exchange for an honest review.

message 32: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 17 of 30

The Perfect Roommate by Minka Kent

The Perfect Roommate by Minka Kent
Stars 🌟🌟🌟
Pages 350

This was okay. I was expecting a bit more, a little too predictable. I was hoping for a big shocking twist, but the ones I got were kinda blah. Overall it held my interest so theres that 😏😌.

message 33: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments I hope that April brings you many more five star reads.

message 34: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Blagica wrote: "I hope that April brings you many more five star reads."

Me too girl!!

message 35: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 18 of 30

People Like Us by Dana Mele

People Like Us by Dana Mele
Stars 🌟🌟🌟
Pages 384

This was not like any YA book I've ever read. Usually the drama is laughable, but this drama was deadly. I am surprisely shock at how much I liked this. It had its moments where my eyes couldn't control their roll, but other than that the mystery sucked me in.

message 36: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments β€œReading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May! You are doing great keep it up! We have to find you a 5 star read girl any author you love that never fails?

message 37: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 19 of 30

Built (Saints of Denver #1) by Jay Crownover

Built (Saints of Denver, #1) by Jay Crownover
Stars 🌟🌟🌟
Pages 352

Big fan of Jay Crownover, but this one lacked that special spark I'm used too. Doubt I'll carry on with the series.

message 38: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 20 of 30

The Grave Tender by Eliza Maxwell

The Grave Tender by Eliza Maxwell
Stars:🌟🌟🌟
Pages:240

I had really high hopes for this since the reviews I read said this was pure shocking gold. But the big reveal wasn't so shocking nor what followed. Also I was highly annoyed by the narrator and her selfishness to not tell the truth until it suited her. 3 stars purely because the writing was good.

message 39: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 21 of 30

The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin

The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin
Stars:🌟🌟🌟🌟
Pages:352

This one was good! It made me think, laugh and cry. Honestly, it just made me appreciate life so much more.

message 40: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 22 of 30

Thousands (Dollar #4 ) by Pepper Winters

Thousands (Dollar, #4) by Pepper Winters
Stars: 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Pages: 300

Love this author. Love this series. Enough said.

message 41: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 316 comments Book 23 of 30

Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney

Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney
Stars: 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Pages: 264

Must say it was pretty good. Kept my interest and me guessing. First book by this author and eager to see more from her.

message 42: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments β€œI have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!! 23 books is fantastic keep it up.