Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

General Fiction > Looking for 20 reviewers for my new anthology...Forfeit.

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rustin (new)

Rustin Petrae (rustinpetrae) | 67 comments Hello everyone. My name is Rustin Petrae and I am hoping to find some reviewers for my anthology, Forfeit (which is a collection of 8 short stories). Each reviewer will receive a Smashwords coupon to get the book from. Here's a little more info on my anthology.

Forfeit is an anthology that features eight original short stories from author Rustin Petrae (Histories of Purga Novels & The Bane Pack Novels). The theme of this collection is the word forfeit. In each story, a character is has to forfeit something important to them. Their minds. Their ideals. Their innocence. Their lives. Sometimes they are forced to give up them up. Sometimes, they do so willingly.

The Phoenix's Gift: A man is forced to watch as his daughter lays in a hospital bed, dying. But then a stranger comes along and offers a gift.
The Chained Man: The fate of a man just trying to live his life seems like chains that he can’t escape.
The Lonely Death: With no memory, no name, no history, no anything, the only thing that a man can cling to is the job he’s called to do.
Watching From Afar: Ripped from his life, a man is turned into a rampaging monster against his will. Now, he has to fight what was done to him so he can regain his humanity.
The Tunnel: A woman suddenly finds herself stuck in a tunnel with no seeming end to it. With nothing to do but press on, she walks forward.
Burn Zone: Two detectives must unravel the mysterious fires plaguing their city before more people get hurt. For a guy that can see ghosts and another that can semi-read minds, you think it wouldn't be that hard.
Cat's Paw: The past and present merge in this supernatural thriller where a young boy has to confront the harsh and terrifying reality that a murderer is killing kids in his neighborhood.
White Rose: An agoraphobic braves the outside world on a bus full of strangers but it's not long before they start. The death songs. Soon after, there's a wreck and the death songs end...along with the lives of those making them. They all die...except one. Now he has to find out why. Why this girl? Why did she survive when no one else does after their song ends?

I would like to thank everyone that signs up. I really appreciate it.

message 2: by Brian (new)

Brian Webb (brianqwebb) | 49 comments Reviews, the primary currency of the indie author, are the hardest thing to come by. I just put my book on sale for 99c/99p to celebrate its first anniversary, and in that year its only garnered 17 reviews.

Reviews are hard.

message 3: by Rustin (new)

Rustin Petrae (rustinpetrae) | 67 comments Yeah. It seems to get harder every year.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahsweetz25) | 58 comments Hi Rustin,

I can do that.

Please do the needful

message 5: by Jason (new)

Jason Makansi | 26 comments I'll give it a go, Rustin

message 6: by Davida (new)

Davida Chazan (chocolatelady) | 93 comments What you need to do is look for personal blogs of people who write reviews in the genre that you write, and start offering to give these bloggers copies of your book in exchange for fair reviews.

By the way, if you approach a blogger who doesn't usually read books in your genre, you can offer to give them a guest post for their blog.

In any case, when a blogger agrees, you'd better be prepared to promote their reviews on social media.

message 7: by Rustin (new)

Rustin Petrae (rustinpetrae) | 67 comments Thank you for the advice Davida. I appreciate that.

message 8: by Rustin (new)

Rustin Petrae (rustinpetrae) | 67 comments Hi Sarah and Jason. Thank you for signing up to review Forfeit. I really appreciate it. What format do you need my book in?

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahsweetz25) | 58 comments Hi Rustin

Thank you for the mail.

EPUB or PDF format would be appreciated.

Let me know if its okay with you to send it in the formats.

:-)

message 10: by Rustin (new)

Rustin Petrae (rustinpetrae) | 67 comments Sarah. I can send you a .pdf version. What email do you want me to send that to?

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahsweetz25) | 58 comments Rustin, you can send the pdf version for review to my email ID sarahsweetz25@gmail.com

Thank you :-)

message 12: by Rustin (new)

Rustin Petrae (rustinpetrae) | 67 comments I just emailed your copy to you Sarah. Thank you again. Enjoy!

message 13: by Jason (new)

Jason Makansi | 26 comments Format readable in the Kindle app. Send in a private message thx!

message 14: by Rustin (new)

Rustin Petrae (rustinpetrae) | 67 comments To get the Kindle version, there is a little delay. It is available on Smashwords.com (which you can get for free with a coupon code) however, Forfeit is still in review there. I will let you know when it is live and get you the code when it is ready. Thank you.

message 15: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie (bobbiethebookempress) | 19 comments Hi Rustin- If you still need reviewers for your anthology, I'd like to do it. Please let me know. Also, is it possible to get your book in mobi format so I can read it on my Kindle? I'd prefer that. Bobbie

Rustin wrote: "Hello everyone. My name is Rustin Petrae and I am hoping to find some reviewers for my anthology, Forfeit (which is a collection of 8 short stories). Each reviewer will receive a Smashwords coupon ..."

message 16: by Rustin (new)

Rustin Petrae (rustinpetrae) | 67 comments Hi Bobbie. I am always looking for reviewers. Thank you so much for signing up. I can give you a Smashwords coupon that will allow you to get Forfeit free in any format you need (including .mobi). Just let me know where you would like it sent.

message 17: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie (bobbiethebookempress) | 19 comments Hi Rustin- Okay, that's great. Please send it to fairysbreth@gmail.com and I hope you can allow me 3-4 weeks to read and review it? Then, I assure I will give you an honest review on amazon and goodreads. Thank you. Bobbie

message 18: by Rustin (new)

Rustin Petrae (rustinpetrae) | 67 comments 3-4 weeks is completely fine. I am emailing you now.

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) Hi.

Popping in to be a bit pedantic:

An anthology is a book of stories [also things like poems/artwork, etc] by many different authors that all follow a similar theme/subject, etc.

A collection is a single-author book of works where the author is putting their own stories into one book.

message 20: by Rustin (new)

Rustin Petrae (rustinpetrae) | 67 comments Well crap. Lol. Thanks for pointing that out. I will definitely remember that for the future.

message 21: by Rustin (new)

Rustin Petrae (rustinpetrae) | 67 comments Hi Ryan. Thank you for reaching out. I appreciate it. However, at this time I just don't have the money for your services. I will keep you guys in mind if that changes though.