Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Member-Author Group Read > January/February 2018 Featured Member-Author Group Read Nominations

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Lisa P | 1965 comments Mod
I'm sorry that this nomination thread is going up a little late this month...holidays put me a little behind schedule.

Member-Authors.....it is time to nominate your very own books for our January/February 2018 Featured Member-Author Group Read.

The books must be nominated to include a Goodreads link by clicking on 'add book/author' located above the comment box. If a book does not have a Goodreads link, it will not be added to the poll.

**The first 10 books to be nominated (as long as book/author meet all the listed criteria) will go into the final poll.**

Only one book may be nominated per author and book/author must both meet the following criteria in order to be accepted for the poll:

1. You must be an “actively-participating” (not including self-promotion) member of our group for at least 2 months.
2. Your book must also fall into the action/adventure genre, and be readily available (i.e. new print and/or ebook format).
3. Book needs to be either standalone or first in a series (or later in a series if constructed to be read as a standalone).
4. The first 10 books to be nominated (as long as they meet all the requirements) will go into the final poll.
5. Mods have full discretion on whether the author/book meets these criteria

message 2: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Mac | 2 comments Quantrall by Carolina Mac - first in a thirteen book series

message 3: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Watts | 5 comments Glidepath

message 4: by Alan (new)

Alan Nayes | 3 comments Abominable

message 5: by R.S. (new)

R.S. Merritt | 33 comments The Zournal - It All Started. First of a completed 6 book series.

It All Started

Thank You for Your Consideration and everyone have a Happy and Safe New Years!

message 6: by KEVIN (new)

KEVIN | 9 comments Brannans Run by Stephen Cord. First in a three book series.Brannan's Run

message 7: by Jason (new)

Jason Koivu Beyond Barlow

Action/adventure fantasy set in a middle ages era clan-based civilization. After being banished from his people after a tragic accident, Ford Barlow finds friends and a means of survival in a magical wilderness while he fights his way back home where he hopes to right his wrongs.

Published Sept '17. First in an upcoming series.

message 8: by Lee (last edited Dec 31, 2017 02:18AM) (new)

Lee Sherred (leesherredauthor) | 13 comments Lisa P wrote: "I'm sorry that this nomination thread is going up a little late this month...holidays put me a little behind schedule.

Member-Authors.....it is time to nominate your very own books for our January..."

Lines of Justice Aždaja by Lee Sherred Lines of Justice: Aždaja

Thanks Lisa, this is the first in a series I'm working on that starts during the Kosovo conflict of 1999 to present day UK. I'm a former soldier and police officer, so a lot of what I write is inspired by my own experiences. It's perhaps a little different to the norm because I prefer to err on the side of realistic.

I'll let the reviews speak for themselves.

Thanks

Lee

message 9: by Mike (new)

Mike Meyer https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... Deadly Eyes by Mike Meyer

Could murder threaten a rocky romance?

When Cuff and Rosie, laid-back lovers on their idyllic Caribbean paradise of St. Croix, are just beginning to move their relationship to the next level, they suddenly find themselves entangled in the crosshairs of an unknown stalker whose relentless pursuit knows no bounds. Now, with their lives on the line and time running short, they know they must act fast or they will die.

message 10: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Cheshire | 2 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Girls, guns, and of course some very good friends. Bradley Harrison is your everyday teenager and can’t ask for much more out of high school life. He spends his senior year looking forward to college, scoping out good-looking women, and blowing off steam at the local gun range.

However, a trip to the Big Apple is going to change his life forever. An alien species called the Armazoids, way ahead of our time lands in New York the night before and starts an invasion. Bradley has to guide a small group of people through an infected city.

But what happens when the girl he loves, her best friend, another pupil he hates plus the teacher he despises are kidnapped by the invaders. How does he get them back to Earth? Can he help prevent another invasion in the close future? You tell me!

message 11: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Please read all the criteria listed in message 1 before nominating your book...thanks!

message 12: by Alan (new)

Alan Nayes | 3 comments wow, guess i didn't read the criteria close enough. don't think my book qualifies. looks like some good books here, though. good luck.

message 13: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Marsh | 1 comments The Belgae Torc, by Kevin Marsh. This is the first book in The Torc Trilogy. The Belgae Torc

message 15: by Vaelin (new)

Vaelin typhoon fury by clive cussler

message 16: by Robert (new)

Robert Rapoza | 26 comments I would like to nominate my second book, The Bermuda Connection.
Thanks for considering.

message 17: by Neil (last edited Jan 04, 2018 11:41AM) (new)

Neil Russell | 8 comments Thank you for the opportunity, Lisa. I would like to nominate my first Rail Black Novel, City of War.

City of War (Rail Black Novels, #1) by Neil Russell

message 18: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (last edited Jan 04, 2018 08:04PM) (new)

The Poll is up...Because I am a little behind schedule on this one, the poll will run for only 3 days and close on January 7, 2018.
Vote Here

Edit Reminder: The integrity of the polling will be monitored…absolutely no voting recruitment will be tolerated.

message 19: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

The Bermuda Connection (Nick Randall #2) by Robert Rapoza won the poll. I have set up a discussion thread Here