Catholic Thought discussion

Gathering Space > Strangers in a Strange Land: Living the Catholic Faith in a Post-Christian World

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christopher (new)

Christopher This book is very read among Catholics.

message 2: by Joseph (new)

Joseph | 151 comments It is a book which tackles heavy religious issues but it's not for the faint of heart. I read it last year and you can find my review here. Here is a review by Joseph: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 3: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Correction: Not that book. This book.

Strangers in a Strange Land: Living the Catholic Faith in a Post-Christian World

message 4: by Joseph (new)

Joseph | 151 comments That makes more sense.

message 5: by Manny (new)

Manny (virmarl) | 3727 comments Mod
I had never even heard of it, and I've never seen it advertised in Catholic book store sites. Your review was fascinating Joseph. I'm not really sure if this qualifies as a Catholic book, though I can see how there is a strong religious element in the story. But we're not nominating at the moment. If Christopher or someone else wants to nominate it at a future nomination period, we can decide then.

But thanks to both of you for making me aware of this book. I'm not into science fiction, but I realize there have been some great books in that genre.

message 6: by Manny (new)

Manny (virmarl) | 3727 comments Mod
Christopher wrote: "Correction: Not that book. This book.

Strangers in a Strange Land: Living the Catholic Faith in a Post-Christian World"

Oh! That's Archbishop's Chaput's book. Strangers in a Strange Land

Yes, that definitely qualifies. Please feel free to nominate it for our next read when nominations come up. Right now Christopher we are voting for the next read. I invite you to come and vote. Here;
https://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/4...

message 7: by Kerstin (new)

Kerstin | 1350 comments Mod
I will read anything from the pen of Archbishop Chaput :)

message 8: by John (new)

John Seymour | 167 comments Kerstin wrote: "I will read anything from the pen of Archbishop Chaput :)"

Goodreads needs "likes."