2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Betsy's Goal for 2018- 100 books!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 123 comments I am setting a goal that could be fairly modest by some people's standards, however it is a stretch for me compared to last year. Who knows, I may just blow this goal away! There are so many books on my want to read list and I am excited to get started now while I have time, as I am currently not working and in winter hibernation mode!

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Betsy wrote: "I am setting a goal that could be fairly modest by some people's standards, however it is a stretch for me compared to last year. Who knows, I may just blow this goal away! There are so many books ..."

I think it’s quite a goal Betsy, not modest at all! Wishing you the best of luck with it & a very happy reading year!!

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3273 comments In my opinion, 50 books is an admirable goal, Betsy :) Do you have a plan as to what you'll be reading or are you just winging it?

Best of luck with your goal in 2018! I hope you have a great year

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year.

message 5: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 123 comments Thank you! I have been spending a lot of time selecting books and getting specific challenges set up. I am going to get a member corner started to keep track of everything soon!!

message 6: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Congrats on finishing your first 15 books so far this year!!! You will go above and beyond your 52 books.

message 7: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments You are doing great! Hoping March is a smashing success for you.

message 8: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments You are doing great! I hope May is a fantastic month filled with books and sunshine!

message 10: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 123 comments So, since I blew past my goal a while back, I am updating my yearly goal to 100 books. (instead of 52) As of the end of May I am at 70 books or 70% and still going strong!

message 11: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Betsy wrote: "So, since I blew past my goal a while back, I am updating my yearly goal to 100 books. (instead of 52) As of the end of May I am at 70 books or 70% and still going strong!"

Wow, impressive Betsy! 👍🏻

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Hoping July is full of page turning and falling in love with a new book! Keep up the great reading

message 13: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 123 comments Looking to finish out this year at 129 books read. Currently reading War and Peace and I am just over half way done. It just keeps going on and on...however a truly amazing and worthwhile book. If I manage to finish it in one more week then my last book of the year will be The Fellowship of the Ring, which should seem easy in comparison! It has been a great year for reading and I am hoping to continue reading at a steady pace into next year, I am thinking of setting a goal of 100 as of now.

message 14: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 123 comments Finished War and Peace today! It took me 14 days! Not an easy undertaking by any means. I am glad to be done and I am thankful that it was an overall rewarding undertaking. I gave it five stars and may write up a review later. This book completed my Listopia Challenge and my Clear the Shelves Challenge (I bought the book in 2010, the receipt was still in it!). This concludes all my challenges for the year! Yay me!