A Book A Week Challenge (2018) discussion

Progress Reports > Week One

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 60 comments Mod
So it's almost the New Year. (Happy New Year!!) And that means our first week of reading is very close at hand. Please feel free to share what you're planning to read this coming week. And then tell us what you thought of it when you're done if you'd like (please use the spoiler tags if necessary!)

For me, I either going to read

The Happiness Project Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun by Gretchen Rubin or Midnight Crossroad (Midnight, Texas, #1) by Charlaine Harris

I can't wait to start them... but I need to finish my current read first haha

message 2: by Claire (new)

Claire  | 3 comments Still deciding but probably The Yellow Wallpaper and Other Stories and The Deadbeats . But first a party! Happy new year.

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 20 comments For me it will be The Picture of Dorian Gray and The Angel of Darkness.

Happy New Year!!!!

message 4: by Arielle (new)

Arielle Young | 7 comments I'm going to start off with a big one
American Gods

American Gods by Neil Gaiman
I've had it on my living room book shelf for over a year now - it's time to read it!
Happy New Year everyone!

message 5: by Jaylen (new)

Jaylen (lifeofsophiaparker) I will be reading The Last Song and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Happy new year!

message 6: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 6 comments Ariell, unfortunately, I hated American Gods. I was so looking forward to it. It just didn’t make sense to me. I hope you get more out of it than I did. Enjoy! I also hated Under the Dome. Oh, well, I tried.

message 7: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 6 comments I’m still reading The Education of Dixie Dupree. Not sure what will be next.

message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 6 comments Arielle wrote: "I'm going to start off with a big one
American Gods

I've had it on my living room book shelf for over a year now - it's time to read it!
Happy New Y..."

Arielle wrote: "I'm going to start off with a big one
American Gods

Happy New Y..."

message 9: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 60 comments Mod
Claire wrote: "Still deciding but probably The Yellow Wallpaper and Other Stories and The Deadbeats . But first a party! Happy new year."

Have fun at the party. And I want to read The Yellow Wallpaper someday myself. It was mentioned in detail in the book A Head Full of Ghosts and I am intrigued now!

Happy new year!!

message 10: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 60 comments Mod
Susy wrote: "For me it will be The Picture of Dorian Gray and The Angel of Darkness.

Happy New Year!!!!"

I am thinking of reading The Picture of Dorian Gray next. It is of course a group read in the other challenge group we're in. Hope you enjoy your read!

Happy new year!

message 11: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 60 comments Mod
Arielle wrote: "I'm going to start off with a big one
American Gods

Happy New Y..."

I have heard such good things about American Gods. Please let us know if you like it :)

Happy new year!

message 12: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 60 comments Mod
Jaylen Flesher wrote: "I will be reading The Last Song and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Happy new year!"

I love Nicholas Sparks! I haven't read The Last Song book YET but I did see the movie and enjoyed it.

Happy reading and happy new year!

message 13: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 60 comments Mod
Kelly wrote: "I’m still reading The Education of Dixie Dupree. Not sure what will be next."

I have never heard of that book but I do hope you're enjoying it & will enjoy whatever you read next.

Happy new year!