What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Marriage Mishap
This topic is about The Marriage Mishap
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical romance where woman wakes up married to a stranger! [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cleopatra (last edited Dec 31, 2017 05:03PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cleopatra Anthony | 3 comments Read about 10 years ago. Historical romance set somewhere in America (maybe New York) where woman wakes up married to a handsome man. I think they make several references to the punch they both drank being spiked, anyway he finds a marriage license in his suit blazer, he is very attracted to her, she is very wary. They decide to make a go of the marriage, he takes her home. He owns a furniture making company (I think?) quite wealthy. To start they have separate bedrooms and when they do decide to make love his butler interrupts to tell him the masters little brother has been shot by accident because he was mistaken as a trespasser. Can't remember more. Except everything works out.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33490 comments Mod
Cleopatra, what's the time period?

Can you tell us more about the main characters - how they met, is she rich/poor, their previous relationships, jobs/skills/interests, family/friends, etc.?

Cleopatra Anthony | 3 comments I'm not quite sure of the time period, they travelled in a carriage, probably 19th century, somewhere in America. I think they were at the same wedding and officially meet when they wake up together in a hotel.

Main characters:

The woman was maybe late 20s or early 30s. Her parents were not featured in the book. She had something in her past, I think she was previously jilted or had jilted someone (some sort of scandal alluded to in the book, with a reference to a wedding cake).

Can't remember much more about the guy except what I have written above.

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4132 comments The Marriage Mishap by Judith Stacy sounds like a match?

Cleopatra Anthony | 3 comments Yes! This is the book I was looking for, thanks for your help Ayshe and Kris.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Marriage Mishap (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Judith Stacy (other topics)