Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2018 Challenge Archive > 2018-Jan/Feb/March- What Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11055 comments It's Winter! Are you curling up by the fire reading a book? Under a blanket on the couch with your e-reader?

Tell us what new books you are reading! Any gems? Not so great reads?
This is the place to share what you've been able to check off your tbr :)

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20413 comments I'm under a blanket with a cough! I have managed to read about half of Merry Gentlemen. And I started the audio of Dead By Midnight: An I-Team Christmas in December, but I think I'm going to start it over. I love that book and don't want a huge break in the middle of it where I was too sick to even listen!

message 3: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3564 comments Currently reading Seven Stones to Stand or Fall by Diana Gabaldon Night's Honor (Elder Races, #7) by Thea Harrison

message 4: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments For 2018:
Finished Predictably Irrational The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely for my Nonfiction, self help-ish beginning.
Then I read Switched by N.R. Walker , now listening to Cask Strength (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #2) by Layla Reyne

message 5: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11055 comments So far this month I've read Desperately Seeking Santa by Eli Easton , Blurred Lines Volumes 1-4 (Blurred Lines, #1-4) by Breena Wilde , Where the Lovelight Gleams by Keira Andrews

I"m currently reading Stud Finder (1001 Dark Nights) by Lauren Blakely for the FAC Challenge.

message 6: by Robin (last edited Apr 01, 2018 10:43AM) (new)

message 7: by Nicole (last edited Mar 26, 2018 08:51AM) (new)

Nicole (nicolels) | 68 comments In January I've read so far:
Saving Red (A Naughty Beasts & Filthy Princes Romance Book 1) by Carter Blake Three Blind Dates (Dating by Numbers, #1) by Meghan Quinn Crazy Sexy Notion by Sarah Darlington The Wright Secret by K.A. Linde Misadventures of a College Girl (Misadventures, #9) by Lauren Rowe The Last Resort Motel Room One by Gwyn McNamee Anything For Love (The Hunter Brothers Book 1) by Lola St. Vil #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1) by Sariah Wilson Dirt (Evergreen, #1) by Cassia Leo Wild Talk by Dani Antoinette Man Flu by Shari J. Ryan xo, Zach by Kendall Ryan Marx Girl by T.L. Swan The Upside to Being Single by Emma Hart I Wanna Text You Up by Teagan Hunter

In February:
Cold As Ice (Bedroom Games, #1) by Piper Rayne Beg (God of Rock, #2) by Eden Butler Midnight Valentine by J.T. Geissinger That Sexy Stranger by Nadia Lee The Last Resort Motel Room Ten by Crystal Perkins Wrangling His Virgin by Jenika Snow Chased by Clarissa Wild La Famiglia (The Men of Gilead, #2) by Deanna Wadsworth The Wonder of You (A Different Kind of Wonderland, # 1) by Harper Kincaid Proper Ink (Jaded Lily Book 2) by Zeia Jameson Bailing Out (Snow-Crossed Lovers) by Carrie Quest Dropping In (Snow-Crossed Lovers #1) by Carrie Quest Driving Whiskey Wild (The Whiskeys, #3) by Melissa Foster PowerHouse (Power Chain #1) by Chelsea Camaron Baby Daddy by Kendall Ryan

In March:
Promise Me We'll Be Okay by Nell Iris Cake by Carmen Jenner The Christmas Curse by Ruby Moone To the Fall by Prescott Lane Off-Campus Setup by Maria Vickers The Hook-Up Experiment (The Experiment, #1) by Emma Hart For Eternity (Time for Love #7.5) by Bethany Lopez Dating in the Dark by Alexandria Bishop Tempting Little Tease (Forbidden Desires, #4) by Kendall Ryan Only You (One and Only, Book 1) by Melanie Harlow Nailed Down (Nailed Down, #1) by Chelle Bliss Dirty Blue (Dirty Justice, #1) by N.E. Henderson Taming the Alien King (Intergalactic Lurve, #1) by Rie Warren

now I'm currently reading and P.S. I Hate You by Winter Renshaw

message 8: by Shannon (last edited Jan 08, 2018 12:56PM) (new)

Shannon I just discovered audio books...well the last audio book I listened to was a cassette LOL....so yeah, it's been a while. Just finished What You Do to Me (The Haneys #1) by Barbara Longley by Barbara Longley. First book I've read by this author. Really liked it and the narrator was spot on. If you have Amazon Prime this is on their free audio shelf. Great pick.

message 9: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 826 comments Re-read: Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon (audio, big fan of the narrator)
and Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

message 10: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3564 comments

Finished
Night's Honor (Elder Races, #7) by Thea Harrison A Dangerous Reality (The Bent Zealots MC, #1) by Layla Wolfe Hunt the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #11) by Alexandra Ivy At Wolf Ranch (Montana Men, #1) by Jennifer Ryan Robot Academy (Origin Phase Cycle #2) by R.T.W. Lipkin Bowled Over (Maggie Kelly Mystery, #6) by Kasey Michaels Lucifer (Fire From Heaven #1) by Ava Martell Charming (Pax Arcana, #1) by Elliott James Murder on the Aloha Express (Aloha Lagoon Mysteries #2) by Sally J. Smith The Goblin King (Shadowlands, #1) by Shona Husk

Currently Reading
Seven Stones to Stand or Fall by Diana Gabaldon When Darkness Ends (Guardians of Eternity, #12) by Alexandra Ivy

message 11: by Leeann_Mays (last edited Jan 15, 2018 12:32PM) (new)

Leeann_Mays | 3 comments Currently reading: The Lotus Keeper

"I believed he was pulling me into a world of darkness, but I've come to realize he was showing me the light-a light that illuminated the most unimaginable evil."

"The Lotus Keeper" follows the story of Adeline Heed, a sweet and innocent, young woman who is forcefully taken by a dangerous drug cartel leader and pulled into a world in which she never thought existed. As she struggles to break free from her captor, she learns that he isn't the only one holding her back, that she must adapt, yield and awake a rawness inside if she's ever going to survive.

Hart, the man responsible for her capture, is set on breaking her spirits, shaping her into submission just like he had the others before her but despite his efforts, he's met his match. The longer he holds her captive, the stronger she becomes. She's witty and quick and she's intent on doing what no other has done before--unravel the mysteries behind the green eyed man.

Will Addy break him before he breaks her?

Please Note: The story is for a mature audience only. This novel contains elements of BDSM, kidnapping, human trafficking, rough sex, and other graphic sexual scene. If this offends you, please do not read.

https://www.inkitt.com/stories/192182...

Sarah {The Bookish Knitter} (sarahphalen) | 524 comments Currently reading Wanderlust, and its so good!! A great rock star romance...

On audio Practical Magic, this one is a surprise to me. I LOVE the movie and was prepared to dislike the book because it differs so much from the movie. But even though it does I'm still really enjoying it!

Sarah {The Bookish Knitter} (sarahphalen) | 524 comments Carrie wrote: "Re-read: Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon (audio, big fan of the narrator)
and Ready Player One by Ernest Cline"

I love Outlander... but I swear listening to it on audio is the icing on a very amazing cake lol.... mmmm.... Jamie :)

message 14: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3564 comments Finished A Very Levet Christmas (Guardians of Eternity, #11.5) by Alexandra Ivy When Darkness Ends (Guardians of Eternity, #12) by Alexandra Ivy In the Shadow of the Gods (Bound Gods, #1) by Rachel Dunne Seven Stones to Stand or Fall by Diana Gabaldon Where Monsters Dwell by Jørgen Brekke The Hike by Drew Magary The Chimera (The Chronicles of the Phoenix and her Knights Book 1) by S.H. Magillian The White Mary by Kira Salak On Turpentine Lane by Elinor Lipman

Currently Reading Seduced By Your Spell (Witches of Mayfair, #2) by Lois Greiman The First Prophet (Bishop Files, #1) by Kay Hooper The Book of Swords by Gardner Dozois

message 15: by M. (new)

M. Tsuki (mtsuki) I discovered I am reading three books at once --not super realistic, so...the one I have stuck with most consistently this week is Dating-ish (Knitting in the City, #6) by Penny Reid . Am also reading Blood Kiss (Black Dagger Legacy, #1) by J.R. Ward in paperback and Midnight Crossroad (Midnight, Texas, #1) by Charlaine Harris electronically.

:-)

message 16: by Erin (new)

Erin **Coffee and Book Addict** (coffeebookaddict) | 48 comments I am reading The Virgin and the Beast. Having a hard time getting through it...

message 17: by Barbara ★ (new)

Finished
Seduced By Your Spell (Witches of Mayfair, #2) by Lois Greiman My Lord Vampire (Immortal Rogues, #1) by Alexandra Ivy Mind Magic (World of the Lupi, #12) by Eileen Wilks Friday's Harbor by Diane Hammond Silent Child by Sarah A. Denzil The Knowing by Larriane, Wills Just a Hint - Clint (Visitation, North Carolina, #4) by Lori Foster Violca's Dragon (The Dragon Ruby, #1) by Leilani Love Heir to the Shadows (The Black Jewels, #2) by Anne Bishop The Memory of Blood A Peculiar Crimes Unit Mystery by Christopher Fowler The First Prophet (Bishop Files, #1) by Kay Hooper

Currently Reading The Book of Swords by Gardner Dozois Airwoman (Airwoman #1) by Zara Quentin

message 18: by Cyliena (last edited Mar 24, 2018 02:21PM) (new)

Cyliena | 244 comments Here's what I've enjoyed the most (3+ stars).

January
The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy, #1) by Katherine Arden Stars in Their Eyes (Caught Up in Love, #4) by Lauren Blakely The Heiress's Deception (Sinful Brides, #4) by Christi Caldwell Switch (Landry Family, #3) by Adriana Locke Swear (Landry Family, #4) by Adriana Locke Swink (Landry Family, #5) by Adriana Locke Crank (The Gibson Boys, #1) by Adriana Locke Christmas at Glosser's by Robert T. Jeschonek Fire in His Fury (Fireblood Dragon, #4) by Ruby Dixon

February
Truth or Date (Better Date than Never, #2) by Susan Hatler Passions of a Gentleman (Gentlemen of Honor, #3) by Rose Gordon The Ugly Stepsister Strikes Back (The Ugly Stepsister Series) by Sariah Wilson The Frog Prince (Timeless Fairy Tales, #9) by K.M. Shea Adulthood Is a Myth (Sarah's Scribbles, #1) by Sarah Andersen Ride Baby Ride (Thompson & Sons #1; Rocky Mountain House #7) by Vivian Arend The Seventh Bride by T. Kingfisher

March
In The Corsair's Bed (Corsairs, #2) by Ruby Dixon Barbarian's Beloved (Ice Planet Barbarians, #18) by Ruby Dixon Royally Screwed (Royally, #1) by Emma Chase Royally Matched (Royally, #2) by Emma Chase Royally Endowed (Royally, #3) by Emma Chase The Spy Who Seduced Her (The Brethren, #1) by Christi Caldwell Lightning Struck (Brothers Maledetti Book 3) by Nichole Van A Dangerous Madness (Regency London, #3) by Michelle Diener

message 19: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Reading Very Twisted Things (Briarwood Academy, #3) by Ilsa Madden-Mills Stroke of Midnight (Midnight Breed #13.5; 1001 Dark Nights #27) by Lara Adrian
Next up: The Butterfly Project by Emma Scott

message 20: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20413 comments I've got Marked going in audio and Midnight Quest as an ebook. Between the Olympics and the weekend and then a rather busy week next week, I'm not sure how quick I will move on from there.

message 21: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3564 comments Finished Airwoman (Airwoman #1) by Zara Quentin 24690 (24690 #1) by A.A. Dark Crush (Crash, #3) by Nicole Williams Dead Level (Home Repair is Homicide, #15) by Sarah Graves The Vampire King (The Kings, #1) by Heather Killough-Walden

Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, #8) by Jennifer Estep Murder on the Rocks (Gray Whale Inn Mystery, #1) by Karen MacInerney Wicked Abyss (Immortals After Dark, #18) by Kresley Cole A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann What Hides Within by Jason Parent Midnight's Promise (Dark Warriors, #8) by Donna Grant

Currently Reading Heartwishes (Edilean, #5) by Jude Deveraux The Book of Swords by Gardner Dozois Simply Irresistible (Chinooks Hockey Team, #1) by Rachel Gibson

message 22: by Shannon (new)

Shannon I just finished Beautiful Bad Man (Sutton Family, #1) by Ellen O'Connell It was a wonderful surprise to me. I don't generally read western romances, but this was recommended and I'm so glad I chose to try it. I'll be reading more from this author. Very touching!

message 23: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3564 comments Finished The Penguin Who Knew Too Much (Meg Langslow, #8) by Donna Andrews Mister Hockey (Hellions Angels, #1) by Lia Riley Heartwishes (Edilean, #5) by Jude Deveraux The Wild Child (The Bride Trilogy, #1) by Mary Jo Putney Wolves (I Bring the Fire, #1) by C. Gockel The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1) by Debbie Macomber Deadly Wipeout (Aloha Lagoon Mysteries #3) by Beth Prentice Paris Match (Stone Barrington, #31) by Stuart Woods

Currently Reading The Book of Swords by Gardner Dozois Moonlight in the Morning (Edilean, #6) by Jude Deveraux Night Huntress (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #5) by Yasmine Galenorn

message 24: by Meka♥books (new)

Meka♥books (book143er) | 66 comments Currently reading The Smallest Part by Amy Harmon The Smallest Part by Amy Harmon

message 25: by Barbara ★ (new)

Finished
Night Huntress (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #5) by Yasmine Galenorn Moonlight in the Morning (Edilean, #6) by Jude Deveraux The Book of Swords by Gardner Dozois Blood on Silk (Awakened by Blood, #1) by Marie Treanor Fish Stick Fridays (Half Moon Bay, #1) by Rhys Ford A Book That Ends With Me by H.C. Turk Something in the House California Gothic by D.L. Lewis Midnight's Surrender (Dark Warriors #8.5) by Donna Grant The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan

Currently Reading
Bay of Sighs (The Guardians Trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts Thread of Death (Elemental Assassin, #5.5) by Jennifer Estep Kiss of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #8.5) by Jennifer Estep

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 918 comments I'm currently reading An American Marriage

message 27: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3564 comments Finished Thread of Death (Elemental Assassin, #5.5) by Jennifer Estep Carniepunk Parlor Tricks (Elemental Assassin, #8.1) by Jennifer Estep 16th Seduction (Women's Murder Club, #16) by James Patterson A Hopeless Romantic by Harriet Evans Dead and Berried (Gray Whale Inn Mystery, #2) by Karen MacInerney Dragon Spawn (World of the Lupi, #13) by Eileen Wilks Ox-Tales Earth by Mark Ellingham

Currently Reading Bay of Sighs (The Guardians Trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts Oasis (Origin Phase Cycle #3) by R.T.W. Lipkin

message 28: by Eccentric Bookie (new)

Eccentric Bookie | 1 comments “Cake: The Newlyweds” by J Bengtsson. Book #4’in the series just came out end of Feb. An incredible new writer with interesting and thoughtful characters. Couldn’t put it down. A gut wrenching tragedy that keeps and pulls a family together. A heartfelt romance and many hysterical laugh out loud moments in between as well as some tears. Don’t miss this series!

message 29: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11055 comments I finished Staking His Claim (Line of Duty, #5) by Tessa Bailey and I’m now reading Level Up (Fandom Hearts, #1) by Cathy Yardley for the PIFM.

message 30: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3564 comments Finished Oasis (Origin Phase Cycle #3) by R.T.W. Lipkin Cinnamon Roll Murder (Hannah Swensen, #15) by Joanne Fluke The Forgotten Beasts of Eld by Patricia A. McKillip The Resurrectionist The Lost Work of Dr. Spencer Black by E.B. Hudspeth Relocating MIA by Rebecca Lerwill Brush with Death (Gray Whale Inn Mystery, #5) by Karen MacInerney Hunting Season (The Gathering, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Bay of Sighs (The Guardians Trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts

Currently Reading Island of Glass (The Guardians Trilogy, #3) by Nora Roberts Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #9) by Jennifer Estep

message 31: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20413 comments I have You Only Love Twice going in audio and Bound to Submit as an ebook. Probably not my smartest move, reading two BDSM books at the same time, but that was the audiobook I had loaded on my phone when I went out today.

Up next is Stars of Fortune for the PtP!

message 32: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3564 comments Finished Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #9) by Jennifer Estep Beauty's Beast by Amanda Ashley Love Without Blood (Eternal Eros Trilogy #1) by Raz Steel The Brush of Black Wings (Master of Crows, #1.5) by Grace Draven A Wild Fright in Deadwood (Deadwood #7) by Ann Charles A Ghoul's Guide to Love and Murder (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #10) by Victoria Laurie Black Water Lilies by Michel Bussi Demon Mistress (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #6) by Yasmine Galenorn McKnight in Shining Armor by Tami Hoag

Currently Reading Island of Glass (The Guardians Trilogy, #3) by Nora Roberts Dragon Blood (World of the Lupi, #14) by Eileen Wilks

message 33: by Barbara ★ (new)

Finished
Dragon Blood (World of the Lupi, #14) by Eileen Wilks Seeing Trouble (Deadwood Shorts, #1) by Ann Charles Boot Points (Deadwood Shorts, #2) by Ann Charles Cold Flame (Deadwood Shorts, #3) by Ann Charles Tequila & Time (Deadwood Shorts, #4) by Ann Charles Laced with Magic (Sugar Maple, #2) by Barbara Bretton The Trouble with Twelfth Grave (Charley Davidson, #12) by Darynda Jones The Butterfly Garden (The Collector #1) by Dot Hutchison Stardust by Neil Gaiman Simply Irresistible (Chinooks Hockey Team, #1) by Rachel Gibson

Currently Reading
Island of Glass (The Guardians Trilogy, #3) by Nora Roberts Baby, Don't Go by Susan Andersen

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 918 comments Just finished this past week:
Lick (Stage Dive, #1) by Kylie Scott Off Limits by Clare Connelly Binti (Binti, #1) by Nnedi Okorafor

Binti was my favorite read. It was fantastic.

Currently reading:
The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1) by Paullina Simons

Thoroughly enjoying it so far. Have no idea why it took me so long to pick it up. Might take me the rest of the month to finish though.

message 35: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20413 comments Working on my last two books for the M&G! I'm halfway through The Catch in audio and loving it! And I'm starting Midnight Fever on my Kindle.

Up next is Delusion in Death for the PtP.

Yes, all my reading is for challenges!

message 36: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3564 comments Finished Island of Glass (The Guardians Trilogy, #3) by Nora Roberts Split by Swati Avasthi Penguins and Mortal Peril (Madigan Amos Zoo Mysteries #1) by Ruby Loren Whom the Gods Love (God & Mortals, #1) by M.M. Perry Baby, Don't Go by Susan Andersen Passenger (Passenger, #1) by Alexandra Bracken Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew J. Sullivan Etched in Bone (The Others, #5) by Anne Bishop

Currently reading Jacq's Warlord by Delilah Devlin The Red Hunter by Lisa Unger Y is for Yesterday (Kinsey Millhone, #25) by Sue Grafton

message 37: by ELLEN (new)

ELLEN  (kimadlou) | 4 comments Finished this year Angels And Demons, The Lost Symbol, The Da Vinci Code, Before You Leap, The Other Woman, Look Behind You.

Currently reading Jack And Jill by James Patters

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.