READATHONS discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Readathon Books

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jiana (last edited Dec 30, 2017 12:08PM) (new)

Jiana | 22 comments Mod
Hi everyone! hope you're all excited for this Readathon as much as we are!!
As mentioned previously, the 24-hour Readathon will commence January 1st on midnight, your time. For our first thread, we're all interested to know which books you're planning to read. For me, I'm thinking I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson.
Let's gooooo!

message 2: by ♛ may (last edited Dec 30, 2017 05:03PM) (new)

♛ may (may-may) | 62 comments Mod
slight change of plans, ill be reading An Enchantment of Ravens and Unearthed!

good luck to everyone!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm planning on reading A Darker Shade of Magic and This Savage Song. Hopefully I can read them both :-).

Happy reading everyone!

message 4: by Elle (new)

Elle (ellexamines) (ellexamines) I have no idea what I’m reading yet because it honestly depends on what I finish the next two days! But probably Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff.

message 5: by sky ⚡️ (new)

sky ⚡️ (leviosky) im thinking im gonna try to read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (this is gonna be a struggle). and if i can get to it i want to re-read Divergent !

message 6: by MaryGrace (new)

MaryGrace | 54 comments I'm starting with Mosquitoland by David Arnold. Contrary to popular opinion, I really loved his other book, Kids of Appetite and I don't even like contemporary. and if this one makes me feel anything like that one did, it's perfect for the New Year.

message 7: by MaryGrace (last edited Dec 30, 2017 01:11PM) (new)

MaryGrace | 54 comments Jiana wrote: "Hi everyone! hope you're all excited for this Readathon as much as we are!!
As mentioned previously, the 24-hour Readathon will commence January 1st on midnight, your time. For our first thread, we..."

I'll Give You the Sun is my favorite contemporary. I hope you love it

message 8: by mxa ☂︎ (new)

mxa ☂︎ | 37 comments Mod
Awesome selections everyone 😭 I'm planning on reading Thanks for the Trouble, Unearthed, and An Enchantment of Ravens ... hopefully I can finish at least 1.5 of those?? idk 😂😂 GOOD LUCK!!

message 9: by Erin (new)

Erin | 3 comments laurenreadss wrote: "I'm planning on reading A Darker Shade of Magic and This Savage Song. Hopefully I can read them both :-).

Happy reading everyone!"

I'm planning on reading A Darker Shade of Magic as well! I also want to try to read Earth Unaware if I have time.

message 10: by MaryGrace (new)

MaryGrace | 54 comments Elise wrote: "I have no idea what I’m reading yet because it honestly depends on what I finish the next two days! But probably Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff."

I finished Godsgrave this week. oof that book was quite a lot to handle

message 11: by Jiana (new)

Jiana | 22 comments Mod
MaryGrace wrote: "Jiana wrote: "Hi everyone! hope you're all excited for this Readathon as much as we are!!
As mentioned previously, the 24-hour Readathon will commence January 1st on midnight, your time. For our fi..."

omg I'm super excited!!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Erin wrote: "laurenreadss wrote: "I'm planning on reading A Darker Shade of Magic and This Savage Song. Hopefully I can read them both :-).

Happy reading everyone!"
I'm planning on reading A Darker Shade of Ma..."

Maybe we could buddy read it during the day? That might be fun.

message 13: by Warda (new)

Warda (wsharif) | 9 comments Hi all!!! So many good choices here! 😍

I'm planning to miss a wedding for this! 😆 I'm hoping to start reading Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor and reread The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue. 😁

message 14: by mxa ☂︎ (new)

mxa ☂︎ | 37 comments Mod
Warda wrote: "Hi all!!! So many good choices here! 😍

I'm planning to miss a wedding for this! 😆 I'm hoping to start reading Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor and reread The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virt..."

you've got a great excuse 🌚 STRANGE THE DREAMER YAAAASSS I HOPE YOU END UP LOVING MY CHILDREN

message 15: by amy ☂︎ (new)

amy ☂︎  (doomslug) | 63 comments Mod
Elise wrote: "I have no idea what I’m reading yet because it honestly depends on what I finish the next two days! But probably Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff."

YES YES YES YES YES

message 16: by amy ☂︎ (new)

I'm planning on continuing Red Rising as well as finally picking up my Unearthed ARC, which I'm very excited about :-)

message 17: by mxa ☂︎ (new)

mxa ☂︎ | 37 comments Mod
maybelline™ wrote: "slight change of plans, ill be reading An Enchantment of Ravens and Unearthed!

good luck to everyone!"

ily

message 18: by Viola (new)

Viola (violalid) | 2 comments I‘m planning on reading The Loneliest Girl In The Universe and This Savage Song. I‘m sooo excited

message 19: by Sabrien (new)

Sabrien Abdelrahman I mean it have 8 currently readings . . . *laughs nervously*
I'll probably finish Strange the Dreamer, maybe read Crooked Kingdom and a little bit of A Court of Mist and Fury? Or maybe also finish The Rose and the Dagger. Top two to finish are the ones I'm furthest in: the Rose and the Dagger and Strange the Dreamer. I know, my plans are a mess and tentative to change but it really just depends on my mood.

message 20: by mxa ☂︎ (new)

mxa ☂︎ | 37 comments Mod
Viola ☾ wrote: "I‘m planning on reading The Loneliest Girl In The Universe and This Savage Song. I‘m sooo excited"

YAAASSS. HOPE YOU ENJOY THEM AND GOOD LUCK!!

message 21: by mxa ☂︎ (new)

mxa ☂︎ | 37 comments Mod
Sabrien wrote: "I mean it have 8 currently readings . . . *laughs nervously*
I'll probably finish Strange the Dreamer, maybe read Crooked Kingdom and a little bit of A Court of Mist and Fury? Or maybe also finish ..."

WOOOOW YOU GO GIRL! I loved all of these books so you're in for many many many rides, GOOD LUCK!! 😂😂

message 22: by mxa ☂︎ (last edited Dec 31, 2017 03:05PM) (new)

mxa ☂︎ | 37 comments Mod
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! 🎉🎉🎉

It's currently 1:45 AM in here. I'm in the midst of preparing some coffee and getting ready to start An Enchantment of Ravens. eeeeepppp

Feel free to create threads regarding the Readathon. I hope you all enjoy it (no stress) and I can't wait to discuss with you guys how your reads are going along! 💖

message 23: by Talia (last edited Dec 31, 2017 03:19PM) (new)

Talia  (tyu_47) | 1 comments I'm planning to read The Dazzling Heights and Rebel Genius (if I have time) with some webtoons/manga in case I get bored.

This is my first readathon, and although I won't be able to read the full 24 hours, I'm excited to be a part of it!

message 24: by Khadidja (new)

Khadidja  | 5 comments WHY IS IT SO HARD TO PICK A BOOK ILL NEVER UNDERSTAND
Though i am going to read Red Winter and another book i haven't decided what is yet lol Good luck everyone!

message 25: by jess (new)

jess (sourpunchjess) haha i'm super late but i will be finishing ruin and rising, reading the dream thieves and possibly starting another one. good luck to everyone!!!

message 26: by MaryGrace (new)

MaryGrace | 54 comments Jess wrote: "haha i'm super late but i will be finishing ruin and rising, reading the dream thieves and possibly starting another one. good luck to everyone!!!"

Whoo! great choices. I love both of those

message 27: by Sabrien (new)

Sabrien Abdelrahman This is my first readathon too but I really hope I can do the 24 hours, I'm trying really hard. I'm about to make coffee too (I mean I'm already in addict) when I start. Good Luck everyone and can't wait to start! You got this!

message 28: by Warda (new)

Warda (wsharif) | 9 comments Coffee for some reason does not have an effect on me. 😆😆 or maybe I need stronger coffee. 😅 about to start rereading The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue.

Good luck everyone!!!! 😁

message 29: by Sabrien (new)

Sabrien Abdelrahman Good luck, even if coffee doesn't work for you- at least you're starting with a fun book!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

How many of you guys are going to try and stay up the entire day? Because I know I am.

message 31: by Sabrien (new)

Sabrien Abdelrahman I am. I want to stay up from 12-12.

message 32: by may ➹ (new)

may ➹ (may_onnaise) | 9 comments i’m planning on reading Dear Martin & starting Finnikin of the Rock!!

message 33: by prag ♻ (new)

prag ♻ (janayanation) | 2 comments may ➹ wrote: "i’m planning on reading Dear Martin & starting Finnikin of the Rock!!"

FINNIKIN OF THE ROCK

message 34: by MaryGrace (new)

MaryGrace | 54 comments Happy New Year!!! I'm starting but i'm going to sleep soon since I've had a headache since I woke up. great way to start a readathon. Good luck to all of you

message 35: by may ➹ (new)

may ➹ (may_onnaise) | 9 comments official b99 ambassador™ wrote: "may ➹ wrote: "i’m planning on reading Dear Martin & starting Finnikin of the Rock!!"

FINNIKIN OF THE ROCK"

may’s forcing me

message 36: by sky ⚡️ (new)

sky ⚡️ (leviosky) happy new year everyone!

im pumped to be starting the year off right with a readathon. good luck to everybody. :)

message 37: by amy ☂︎ (new)

hi friends uhhhhh i messed up the reading date...... i thought we were starting on the 2nd not the 1st..... i’m incredibly hungover....... i’ve slept for like 3 hours........ i guess that means i’m probably not participating but i wish all of you good luck and a lot of fun ok i’m going to return to my shame cave bye 💞💗💕💓💖💘

message 38: by MaryGrace (new)

MaryGrace | 54 comments amy wrote: "hi friends uhhhhh i messed up the reading date...... i thought we were starting on the 2nd not the 1st..... i’m incredibly hungover....... i’ve slept for like 3 hours........ i guess that means i’m..."

lololol start the New Year off right! No shame. Sleep is a beautiful thing anyway

message 39: by Warda (new)

Warda (wsharif) | 9 comments LOL Amy! Hope you recover soon from your drunkenness. 😆

I'm failing epically at this 24 hour thing. Bloody family getting in the way. 😭

Hope this readathon will happen regularly. 😁

sofia (sam willows) (samwillows) | 2 comments I’m reading They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera and probably another quick one bc I started the readathon at 2 pm lmao

message 41: by Sabrien (new)

Sabrien Abdelrahman Lol Amy go nurse your hangover, I'm sorry 😂. Hope you had fun at least and that it was worth the pain.
Same Warda. Also I have family members moving to anothe continent today so that's hectic, an originally we were all going to the airport and I know they would have been annoying about me reading and not talking to them. However, in a fortunate turn of events, there's no space in the car, so my whole family is leaving for the airport, taking my noisy siblings with them. . . and leaving me a quiet house to read peacefully in for a few hours in peace.

message 42: by amy ☂︎ (new)

lmao thank you all for your support :-) i’m doing better but i’m failing terribly at reading today. i would definitely like for this to happen more often as well, so we’ll see.

happy reading to all of you who are still participating!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.