Book Nook Cafe discussion

Movies,Theater, Music, & Art > Theater & Broadway ~~ 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Alias Reader (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments

Share your local theater or Broadway experiences with us ! We want to hear all about it. :) Heard some theater news? Tell us all about it !

message 2: by Alias Reader (last edited Feb 11, 2018 10:13AM) (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments Yesterday I went to see the one man play Stories by the Heart staring John Lithgow. I enjoyed it. However, I thought it was going to be a comedy and it was but it also was quite touching and sad in parts.

Lithgow performs two short stories from a 1939 book that his father used to read to him and his siblings. Unfortunately, it is out of print.
Tellers of Tales, 100 Short Stories From The United States, England, France, Russia and Germany by W. Somerset Maugham Tellers of Tales, 100 Short Stories From The United States, England, France, Russia and Germany--W. Somerset Maugham

When his parents became infirm and elderly he recounts how he read the stories to them.

The one man play is 2 1/2 hours. Which is quite a feat for an actor in his 70s. I happen to be in the Roundabout play series that has Q&A with the actors after the show most of the time and also it's a series for the deaf so there is always an interpreter on the side.

After the show, I was surprised that Lithgow came out for questions. This was a matinee and he had another show in the evening. That's a lot for a one person show. But he did come out for about 15 min and take questions. One of the people to ask a question was Marlee Matalin. She is the deaf actress who won an Oscar for Children of a Lesser God. So that was cool so see her.

Children of a Lesser God is part of my Roundabout subscription this year. Though I don't think Matalin is in it.

Stories by the Heart is a limited run, but if you are in NYC I do recommend it.

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (cinnabarb) | 2780 comments Alias Reader wrote: "Yesterday I went to see the one man play Stories by the Heart staring John Lithgow. I enjoyed it. However, I thought it was going to be a comedy and it was but it also was quite touching and sad in..."

John Lithgow is such a good actor. It must have been great to see him. :)

message 4: by Madrano (new)

Madrano (madran) | 3732 comments I echo Barbara's thoughts about seeing Lithgow. That he was willing to take questions is remarkable. How neat that Matalin was there, too. Great day at the theater, i'd say!

message 5: by Alias Reader (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments Today I saw a really terrific play, Amy and the Orphans.

If you happen to be in NYC, I highly recommend it.

message 6: by madrano (new)

madrano | 10267 comments It sounds very good, Alias. https://www.villagevoice.com/2018/03/...

My husband's aunt had a child with Down Syndrome in the late 50s. Not long after i met her (late 60s) we had a good discussion about the decision they made to keep their daughter with them. Interestingly, however, she felt she understood how some families would not be able to meet the challenge of raising such a child. So much has changed since then to help families and people like this aunt were vital to those commitments.

Thanks for telling us about the play, about which i'd heard nothing.

message 7: by Brenna (new)

Brenna | 49 comments Pippin
I managed to catch the last performance of a production of Pippin and it was phenomenal! I didn't know it that well going in but it was one I had always wanted to see. I did not expect it to be that brilliant. The songs are amazing, I loved every second of it.

message 8: by Alias Reader (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments Brenna wrote: "Pippin
I managed to catch the last performance of a production of Pippin and it was phenomenal! I didn't know it that well going in but it was one I had always wanted to see. I did not expect it to..."

I've never seen the show but in my jazz dance class at the YMCA we danced to Magic To Do. Love the music !

message 9: by Rachelnyc (new)

Rachelnyc Brenna wrote: "Pippin
I managed to catch the last performance of a production of Pippin and it was phenomenal! I didn't know it that well going in but it was one I had always wanted to see. I did not expect it to..."

I was offered a last minute ticket to see Pippin last time it was on Broadway and enjoyed it more than expected. I love when I go to a show without much knowledge and end up loving it!

message 10: by Rachelnyc (new)

Rachelnyc I just saw Mean Girls and absolutely love it! I went with old friends who I used to watch the movie with and we all expected it to be a fun show it was so much better than any of us expected.

Tina Fey's writing is brilliant and the cast is terrific. Highly recommend to anyone in or planning to visit NYC.

message 11: by Brenna (new)

Brenna | 49 comments Rachelnyc wrote: "Brenna wrote: "Pippin
I managed to catch the last performance of a production of Pippin and it was phenomenal! I didn't know it that well going in but it was one I had always wanted to see. I did n..."

Wait, as in the Broadway production with Patina Miller? If so I'm well jealous, bet it was amazing.

message 12: by madrano (new)

madrano | 10267 comments Rachelnyc, i was wondering if that film would translate to Broadway. Great to read your comments.

message 13: by Rachelnyc (new)

Rachelnyc Brenna wrote: "Rachelnyc wrote: "Brenna wrote: "Pippin
I managed to catch the last performance of a production of Pippin and it was phenomenal! I didn't know it that well going in but it was one I had always want..."

Yes, Patina Miller was brilliant!

@madrano, originally, I was worried how it would translate as well but it was really terrific.

message 14: by Dru83 (new)

Dru83 | 216 comments

Brenna wrote: "Pippin

I was offered a last minute ticket to see Pippin last time it was on Broadway and enjoyed it more than expected. I love when I go to a show without much knowledge and end up loving it!/blockquote>

Glad to see that you all liked Pippin. When I was in high school, I played in the pit orchestra for it, and it was the same kind of thing where I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised to find that I liked it. The whole premise of the "Leading Player" and the show within a show thing is slightly weird, but it's an interesting take on the whole coming of age thing. Corner of the Sky is my favorite tune from the show, as it pretty much states the main idea of the show and because it makes it easy for the viewer to emphasize with Pippin because we've all felt those feelings of wanting to belong and be successful.

message 15: by Alias Reader (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments Today I saw the play Children of a Lesser God. It's an intense play. Well done.

message 16: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie (bobbie572002) | 1084 comments Alias Reader wrote: "Today I saw the play Children of a Lesser God. It's an intense play. Well done."

Glad you enjoyed it. It sounded great.

message 17: by madrano (new)

madrano | 10267 comments It is a great play and the film version was great. I am glad to hear that the new presentation is worthy. Thanks for sharing about it.

message 18: by Alias Reader (last edited Apr 15, 2018 11:45AM) (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments madrano wrote: "It is a great play and the film version was great. I am glad to hear that the new presentation is worthy. Thanks for sharing about it."

The male lead has an exhausting role. He must have 85 % of the dialogue. He not only has his lines that are spoken but he is also is signing his own lines for the entire play and he has to speak the lines of his co-lead as she only signs.

message 19: by Alias Reader (last edited Apr 15, 2018 11:52AM) (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments I was reading the Playbill and saw that there is a Donna Summer show on Broadway. I must be living under a rock as I have not seen a commercial or read anything about it. The show is called, Donna Summer: The Donna summer Musical. It's currently running at the Lunt- Fontanne theater. It's the same director that did Jersey Boys, which was terrific. I would love to see this.

Apparently Cher is also going to get the Broadway treatment next year. That should be awesome, too.

I guess because the Carole King show is such a hit, they realize this is a winning formula. I haven't seen the King show. I would love to, but Broadway shows are so expensive. You used to be able to get really inexpensive tickets at TKTS the day of the show, but they are not so inexpensive anymore. Back in the day, you cold grab a ticket the same day for $25. Now a decent seat is $75 or more.

message 20: by Julie (new)

Julie (julielill) | 2267 comments Alias Reader wrote: "I was reading the Playbill and saw that there is a Donna Summer show on Broadway. I must be living under a rock as I have not seen a commercial or read anything about it. The show is called, Donna ..."

We rarely go to the theater but I did see the Carole King show and it was worth the money if you are a fan of hers. I never realized how much music, she wrote before she started writing and singing for herself. Though I do agree theater can be expensive but I thought her show was worth it.

message 21: by Alias Reader (last edited Apr 15, 2018 09:26PM) (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments I am a subscriber to the Roundabout theater. So I see around 7 plays a year that they put on. That runs now runs around $565.

I love it. However, the cost is really getting too high for me. I've been a subscriber for over 15 years. Children of a Lesser God was part of my subscription.

message 22: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie (bobbie572002) | 1084 comments Alias Reader wrote: "I was reading the Playbill and saw that there is a Donna Summer show on Broadway. I must be living under a rock as I have not seen a commercial or read anything about it. The show is called, Donna ..."

$75 at the TKTS booth. Yikes!!

message 23: by madrano (new)

madrano | 10267 comments I know, Bobbie! Those prices are high even at that rate. We've been very selective, as a result. Pity.

Alias, i hadn't thought about how demanding the male lead would be in Children of a Lesser God. I imagine he knew sign language previous to the role. Back in '78 i took a class from a married couple who were friends. They agreed to teach a group of our friends so we wouldn't feel we were excluding the deaf partner. His wife was accustomed to signing so that even after we'd learned some, she kept signing what we were signing.

It's been over 2 decades since we last saw them and i still find myself signing quite a bit. It's one of those things i tend to do subconsciously...almost as though my hands had been eager to do something else. :-) I suppose this production would be one for which theaters wouldn't need to hire sign translators. (Btw, as an aside, we still keep in contact with the above-mentioned couple. They lived in a city in Montana which offered movies once a week with a translator in house. It was such a relief to the wife not to have to watch & sign.)

message 24: by Alias Reader (last edited Apr 16, 2018 04:14PM) (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments madrano wrote: I suppose this production would be one for which theaters wouldn't need to hire sign translators."

The theater used subtitles above the stage. It was helpful as not all scenes were signed and the actors who are deaf are sometimes difficult to understand when they speak.

message 25: by Alias Reader (last edited Apr 16, 2018 04:16PM) (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments My niece's kids learned to sign a few words before they could speak in daycare. Some signs I recall them doing were Milk, more, all done.

message 26: by madrano (new)

madrano | 10267 comments When she was 2 1/2 i taught my daughter to sign "More milk, please." It saved me lots of wear and tear. :-) And all three words were easy for her to learn, particularly "milk", which is the action of one hand squeezing a teat.

I volunteered one year to be a teacher's aid in a local elementary school. On my application i mentioned i knew some sign language. The first grade teacher "hired" me. In addition to listening to readers who didn't get enough help at home and such, she asked me to teach them some signs she could use. At the end of the school year she had them illustrate what they'd learned, most were words she'd used steadily, such as "stand up", "sit" and "eat". I wonder if they retained any...or if any were inspired to learn more. Doesn't matter, it kept my skills running!

I have a problem with subtitles in the theater, as i feel i miss too much of the acting. For opera it makes much sense to me & i'm sure it did for the play you saw. However, my first experience with them was at the Kennedy Center in D.C., where we paid "good money" to see the brilliant Fiona Shaw in a production of Medea, written by the ancient Greek Euripides. I spent far too much time reading the darned subtitles and not nearly enough watching the actors! My problem, but i still find myself reading them too much when available.

message 27: by Alias Reader (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments The play series I go to, is also their deaf series. Usually, they sit orchestra side and have a person who signs. Since maybe only 25% of this play isn't signed, I guess they went with the subtitles.

message 28: by madrano (new)

madrano | 10267 comments It's such a bright idea to do this.

message 29: by Alias Reader (last edited May 20, 2018 07:58PM) (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments I went to see the Tony nominated play Travesties today. It was nominated and won a Tony back in 1976. It currently nominated for:

Tony Award for Best Revival of a Play

Tony Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role in a Play - Tom Hollander

Tony Award for Best Sound Design of a Play- Adam Cork

Tony Award for Best Direction of a Play- Patrick Marber

It's a bit of a convoluted play that takes place during the First World War. The main character Henry Carr is elderly and is recalling his past. It has rapid fast dialogue that can be hard to catch. The Playbill tries to give you some background on Lenin, James Joyce and the founder of the Da Da movement Tristan Tzara as the play centers around them.

I thought it was well done with superb acting. However, at 2 1/2 hours I found it a bit too long.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travesties

message 30: by madrano (new)

madrano | 10267 comments Interesting that they retained the fast dialogue about a time fewer and fewer people know well. I'd forgotten about the Tony nominations. How neat the show you saw is a contender!

message 31: by Alias Reader (last edited Jun 11, 2018 04:39PM) (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments 2018 TONY AWARD WINNERS

broadwaydirect.com/

The Band’s Visit won 10 Tony Awards at the 72nd annual Tony ceremony, including Best Musical. David Yazbek was honored for his score, along with Itamar Moses who was honored for his book, and Jamshied Sharifi who won for his orchestrations. Actors Tony Shalhoub, Katrina Lenk, and Ari’el Stachel won for their performances.

Once On This Island won Best Revival of a Musical. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child won Best Play and Angels in America won Best Revival of a Play.

Hosted by Josh Groban and Sara Bareilles, the broadcast included 8 performances, with special performances from the students of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Drama Club, Bruce Springsteen, and the 2017 Tony-winner Dear Evan Hansen. A complete list of the winners is below.

The 2018 American Theatre Wing’s Tony Awards are presented by The Broadway League and the American Theatre Wing

-- Best Musical

WINNER: The Band’s Visit

Frozen

Mean Girls

SpongeBob SquarePants: The Musical

-- Best Play

The Children

Farinelli and The King

WINNER: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts One and Two

Junk

Latin History for Morons

-- Best Revival of a Musical

My Fair Lady

WINNER: Once On This Island

Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Carousel

-- Best Revival of a Play

WINNER: Angels in America

Edward Albee’s Three Tall Women

Eugene O’Neill’s The Iceman Cometh

Lobby Hero

Travesties

-- Best Book of a Musical

Itamar Moses

Frozen
Jennifer Lee

Mean Girls
Tina Fey

Kyle Jarrow

-- Best Original Score (Music and/or Lyrics) Written for the Theatre

Angels in America
Music: Adrian Sutton

Music & Lyrics: David Yazbek

Frozen
Music & Lyrics: Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez

Mean Girls
Music: Jeff Richmond
Lyrics: Nell Benjamin

Music & Lyrics: Yolanda Adams, Steven Tyler & Joe Perry of Aerosmith, Sara Bareilles, Jonathan Coulton, Alex Ebert of Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, The Flaming Lips, Lady Antebellum, Cyndi Lauper & Rob Hyman, John Legend, Panic! at the Disco, Plain White T’s, They Might Be Giants, T.I., Domani & Lil’C

-- Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Play

WINNER: Andrew Garfield, Angels in America
Tom Hollander, Travesties
Jamie Parker, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts One and Two
Mark Rylance, Farinelli and The King
Denzel Washington, Eugene O’Neill’s The Iceman Cometh

-- Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Play

WINNER: Glenda Jackson, Edward Albee’s Three Tall Women
Condola Rashad, Saint Joan
Lauren Ridloff, Children of a Lesser God
Amy Schumer, Meteor Shower

-- Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical

Harry Hadden-Paton, My Fair Lady
Joshua Henry, Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Carousel
WINNER: Tony Shalhoub, The Band’s Visit
Ethan Slater, SpongeBob SquarePants: The Musical

-- Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Musical

Lauren Ambrose, My Fair Lady
Hailey Kilgore, Once On This Island
LaChanze, Summer: The Donna Summer Musical
WINNER: Katrina Lenk, The Band’s Visit
Taylor Louderman, Mean Girls
Jessie Mueller, Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Carousel

-- Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Role in a Play

Anthony Boyle, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts One and Two
Michael Cera, Lobby Hero
Brian Tyree Henry, Lobby Hero
WINNER: Nathan Lane, Angels in America
David Morse, Eugene O’Neill’s The Iceman Cometh

-- Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Play

Susan Brown, Angels in America
Noma Dumezweni, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts One and Two
Deborah Findlay, The Children
Denise Gough, Angels in America
WINNER: Laurie Metcalf, Edward Albee’s Three Tall Women

-- Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Role in a Musical

Norbert Leo Butz, My Fair Lady
Alexander Gemignani, Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Carousel
Grey Henson, Mean Girls
Gavin Lee, SpongeBob SquarePants: The Musical
WINNER: Ari’el Stachel, The Band’s Visit

-- Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Musical

Ariana DeBose, Summer: The Donna Summer Musical
Renée Fleming, Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Carousel
WINNER: Lindsay Mendez, Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Carousel
Ashley Park, Mean Girls
Diana Rigg, My Fair Lady

message 32: by Madrano (new)

Madrano (madran) | 3732 comments Thank you for this list, Alias. I missed the part when Glenda Jackson won. If you saw the program, was she there? Wish we were there to see her live!

message 33: by Alias Reader (last edited Jun 12, 2018 01:45PM) (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments Madrano wrote: "Thank you for this list, Alias. I missed the part when Glenda Jackson won. If you saw the program, was she there? Wish we were there to see her live!"

Yes. She was there. One of my friends from the gym I go to saw Three Tall Ladies and raved about it.

I really enjoyed the Carousel performance which was choreographed by Justin Peck.

Rodgers & Hammerstein's Carousel Perform "Blow High, Blow Low" At The 2018 Tony Awards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLSXI...

message 34: by Madrano (new)

Madrano (madran) | 3732 comments We saw quite a number of the musical pieces but missed some pivotal award announcements. Thanks for the link.

message 35: by Alias Reader (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments This past week I saw the Roundabout production of SkinTight. It starred Idina Menzel.

This was a non singing role for her. The play asks what is love and the importance of beauty. I thought it was okay but I don't know that it covered anything new or that I would recommend it.

message 36: by madrano (new)

madrano | 10267 comments Stretching her wings a bit, eh? It's a pity the result wasn't more rewarding, Alias.

message 37: by Alias Reader (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments Today I saw the 2017 Tony winner Dear Evan Hanson. It was really good.

Here is a mash-up of LinManuel Miranda (Hamilton) & Ben Platt (Dear Evan Hansen)

Lin-Manuel Miranda & Ben Platt "Found Tonight"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aQyk...

message 38: by madrano (last edited Jul 09, 2018 05:45AM) (new)

madrano | 10267 comments I liked seeing the musicians making notations on their scores--an added bonus. Thanks.

message 39: by Julie (new)

Julie (julielill) | 2267 comments Our local small theater put on David and Amy Sedaris's play called The Book of Liz, a oddball comedy play about accepting others for what they are and not what you think they should be. The play surrounds a religious community and when a young male joins the community, he is given the job of making cheese balls instead of Sister Elizabeth Donderstock who has done it during her whole residence at the community. Feeling unwanted, she leaves and meets people who take her in and become her friends. This is a about a 90 minute one act play and except for the main actor who plays Elizabeth, the other actors played multiple roles. I loved it and I love the Sedaris' oddball humor with a message.

message 40: by Alias Reader (last edited Sep 30, 2018 04:34PM) (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments I've read and enjoyed a few of David's books. Glad you enjoyed the play.

The next play I have tickets to the reviews have been mixed. :(
Bernhardt/hamlet. The reviews called it muddled and too long. However, the acting is excellent.

I am toying with reading Hamlet (read it in high school a million years ago) and I think I will rent the movie Hamlet. After talking to a friend who loves Shakespeare, she suggested I go with the one with Mel Gibson as Hamlet.

message 41: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 225 comments Alias Reader wrote: "I've read and enjoyed a few of David's books. Glad you enjoyed the play.

The next play I have tickets to the reviews have been mixed. :(
Bernhardt/hamlet. The reviews called it muddled and too lo..."

I will always prefer Laurence Olivier's Hamlet.

message 42: by Alias Reader (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments Shomeret wrote: I will always prefer Laurence Olivier's Hamlet. .."

I think the video for his is of the black & white stage play. My friend thought the more modern Mel Gibson would be good for a Shakespeare newbie like me. :)

Shomeret, are you a big Shakespeare fan ?

message 43: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 225 comments Alias Reader wrote: "Shomeret wrote: I will always prefer Laurence Olivier's Hamlet. .."

I think the video for his is of the black & white stage play. My friend thought the more modern Mel Gibson would be good for a S..."

Yes, I am also a big defender of Shakespeare's authorship of his plays. See my review of a book called The Pelican Code which advocates for the common idea that Christopher Marlowe wrote Shakespeare's plays at http://maskedpersona.blogspot.com/201... I completely disagree with any of the hypotheses in which some other person wrote Shakespeare's plays.

message 44: by madrano (new)

madrano | 10267 comments I fully agree with you on this one, Shomeret. When i first heard (as a teen) that Shakespeare might not have written his works, i was amused and willing to believe. However, as you know, the "proof" has been weak at best. I wasn't familiar with the Tim Lea book but that's probably because i am no longer willing to read attempts to make the point of another writer. Although, the idea being part of a thriller or mystery would tickle my fancy. Thanks for the link.

I didn't realize the Sedaris kids had a play. It actually sounds like one i might appreciate.

message 45: by Julie (new)

Julie (julielill) | 2267 comments madrano wrote: "I fully agree with you on this one, Shomeret. When i first heard (as a teen) that Shakespeare might not have written his works, i was amused and willing to believe. However, as you know, the "proof..."
This was written in 2002 but I had never heard of it till my son gave us the tickets. We have seen David speaking at a program at the local junior college a few years back and he was wonderful. But he has a dark humor and not everyone gets him.

message 46: by madrano (new)

madrano | 10267 comments What a thoughtful gift. I don't think i've even tried reading Sedaris or his sister, to be honest. My loss, if this play is an indication. I do like dark humor, though.

message 47: by Alias Reader (last edited Oct 19, 2018 07:57PM) (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments I saw the Broadway Roundabout production of Bernhardt/Hamlet.

I thought the acting was good. However, at this level it usually is.

I was disappointed in the show. It was about the famous French actress Sarah Bernhardt playing the part of Hamlet. Which is usually a males role. That's it. It was too one note for me. Perhaps if they included some biographical scenes it would have been more interesting to me.

The play runs 2 1/2 hours. Which was too long as there wasn't much of a plot.

The Roundabout held a discussion before the show. One thing that I didn't know was that Sarah did not speak English. The American audiences loved her performance just by her acting as they didn't understand a word she said ! She was particularly famous for her death scenes.

Apparently she was also quite the promoter as she became famous in an era before mass media. People still know her name today.

Here is a pic of her.

Sarah Bernhardt; 1880

Here is her wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_B...

message 48: by madrano (new)

madrano | 10267 comments Sorry to hear about the play itself, Alias. What a long play for so little reward.

As i mentioned earlier in this thread i've read & reread Madame Sarah over the years, so knew much of what you shared. When i first read it, i was totally unaware of promotions of any sort but was thinking Bernhardt was quite the braggart. As i've aged & learned more about "getting one's name out there", i see she was a sort of genius.

As i recall author (& actress on her accord) Cornelia Otis Skinner mentioned that, as many actresses did, she over-emoted on stage. I can't recall if she suggested or wrote outright that part of this reason was due to the fact she only spoke French. In the US people loved her for that publicity you mentioned...did they share that she slept in a coffin? Apparently at one point she declared she wanted to be accustomed to it when the time came. LOL!

message 49: by Alias Reader (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17672 comments madrano wrote: ".did they share that she slept in a coffin? Apparently at one point she declared she wanted to be accustomed to it when the time came. LOL! ."

Yes in the pre play discussion. Weird.

message 50: by madrano (new)

madrano | 10267 comments LOL--i know! Learning about that as a teenager, you can imagine how i relished that aspect of her story.

« previous 1