2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Mati´s 2018 Reading Challange

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) | 121 comments My main goal is to read more then I did in 2017! I spent almost the entire year in this weird slump where I´ve had no desire to read at all.

1. Read 40 books

2. Read all the books from the Shadowhunter Chronicles (so far I´ve read the original TMI trilogy)

3. Read books with any aspects of mental health and mental illness. Wether it is the main plot of the story or just an addition to the main storyline.

4. Continue on with series that I have yet to finish

5. Read more new realises

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Wishing you the best of luck with your goals Matilde & a very happy reading year! I’m sure you will be able to get out of your reading slump now that you have joined this group. At least, that has been my experience this past year. I hope it will be the same for you.

message 3: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Good Luck with your goal in 2018!

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Hoping you had fun getting lost in some pages in your first month!

message 5: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) | 121 comments Update 1:

Read 7/40 books.

message 6: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) matilde wrote: "Update 1:

Read 7/40 books."

Nice!!
Any favourites so far?

message 7: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) | 121 comments Susy wrote: "matilde wrote: "Update 1:

Read 7/40 books."

Nice!!
Any favourites so far?"

Yes! I´ve gotten two favorites so far this year. The first one is The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertally, I related so much to the main character Molly and Becky really did get the fat rep and depression rep really well done, and my second fav would be The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.

message 8: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments You are doing great! Hoping March is a great month for you.

message 9: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) | 121 comments Update 2

Read 9/40 books. Slowing down my reading a bit now as my final exams and graduation is just around the corner.

Read 2 sequals

Read 2 books that feature mental health

message 10: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May! You are doing great keep it up!

message 11: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) | 121 comments Update 3:

Read 12/25 books. Hope that I´ll reach the 20 mark at the end of summer. Will try and keep better track of the challenges I decide to participate in.

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Awesome job so far! Do you have a favorite book or a book you still can't wait to read?

message 13: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) | 121 comments Update 4:

Read 19/25 books.

Will use October to try and get those last 6 books read between studying for my exams in November and having a full time job.

When November comes I am taking 2 written and 1 oral exam, working full time + doing NaNoWriMo; I will use whatever time I have left that month to catch up on my reading challenges for the year. (I´ve only read 1/8 of the Cassandra Clare books I have still to read)

I also haven´t read any of the new releases for 2018 that I put on my TBR...

message 14: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Good luck with your remaining books and your exams.